• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How many McRibs are you going to eat?

• All of them

Votes: 173 85.6%
  • All of them

Votes: 146 72.3%

• Total voters

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Dec 2, 2020 at 3:00 AM

www.usatoday.com

McRib returns Wednesday: McDonald's giving away 10,000 free barbecue sandwiches for fans who shave

McDonald's McRib returns Wednesday, December 2 and the chain is giving away 10,000 sandwiches to hungry fans with its "Shave 4 McRib Sweepstakes."

Take a break from arguing about politics or $70 games. McRib is back.

Oh, and there's a contest.

McDonald's iconic barbecue sandwich returns to restaurants nationwide beginning Wednesday.

But before the McRib's arrival – which McDonald's has dubbed the "sauciest moment of the year" – the fast-food is giving away 10,000 free sandwiches to hungry fans with its "Shave 4 McRib Sweepstakes."

"Beard or no beard, prepare for the McRib with a shave – or even a facial mask – because anyone can participate, from your brother to your mother, sister-in-law or cousin's roommate," McDonald's said in a news release Monday.

To enter, "post a picture of your cleanly-shaven or baby-smooth face on your public Twitter or public Instagram profile using #Shave4McRibSweepstakes and tag @mcdonalds," the release said.

The first 10,000 entries will receive a code for a free McRib through McDelivery with Uber Eats, while supplies last.

Tl;dr: McRib on Wednesday.

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Yeah I had one of these last time they were around and frankly speaking it was shit.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What meat is in a mcrib again?

McRib Locator

Locator to find what nearby McDonalds have McRib so that you may drive there to eat one. The ability exists to add your sighting to help others hunting.

🍁 🙅‍♂️

toronto.citynews.ca

No McRib for Canada, the U.S. will be able to enjoy it | CityNews Toronto

McDonald's Canada will not roll out the McRib this fall despite a nationwide campaign south of the border.

No McRib for Canada, the U.S. will be able to enjoy it

Invictus

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
It came to Japan maybe 5-ish years ago? After all the hype I had to try it. What a disappointment that was. Plain old Big Mac is way better.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I thought it was already back because there was a thread a couple weeks ago. Maybe there was a delay in the rubber eraser factory.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Ya'll ever seen those $1 bbq sandwiches in the frozen isle? That's what a McRib taste like.

LexusNexus

Oct 28, 2017
I used to work at mcds long ago. The mcrib Patty goes right into a tray full of microwaved bbq sauce after it comes off the grill and sits there in the holder for x amount of hours until some poor soul orders one.

The bbq sauce was the worst. It got to the point where the smell of the bbq sauce burned my nostrils.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
Only seen it once in the UK 2 decades ago as a Chinese McRib, as a tastes of the world promotion. It was glorious.

Why must we be deprived of it.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
No speed limits on highways and McRib always on the menu. Germany clearly is the superior country. I rest my case.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the most overrated of the sandwich crazes.

It's literally a non struggle version of the classic school lunch BBQ Rib on a bun.

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017
I've loved McRibs my entire life but these past few rounds haven't been as good.

As a type 1 diabetic, it's also not worth the spike.

Oct 29, 2017
I used to work at mcds long ago. The mcrib Patty goes right into a tray full of microwaved bbq sauce after it comes off the grill and sits there in the holder for x amount of hours until some poor soul orders one.

The bbq sauce was the worst. It got to the point where the smell of the bbq sauce burned my nostrils.
I worked at mcds and they kept them in their own metal pan thing filled with sauce. Constantly being heated but not over cooked. No tray. No microwave. Maybe your mcds was bad.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I remember during my freshman year of college back in the late 2000's, the McRib came back around and I legit ate one for lunch every day for like a week straight. At the time, I thought it was delicious.

Then one day, probably my 7th or 8th day eating it in a row, I bit into into what I could only describe as a lukewarm McRib. And it was like a flip got switched in my head. I removed the bread, looked at the obviously microwaved meat patty with lukewarm sauce barely covering greyish almost-doesn-t-look-like-meat patty sitting on the mushy bread and it took everything in me not to throw up.

I haven't had one since and just thinking about it turns my stomach.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
I've never had the McRib but it honestly sounds like it'd just be an ever slightly fancier (and I use the word 'fancier' lightly) version of these frozen rib sandwiches my dad would often buy from the local Save-a-Lot.

Like legit I feel like if I got one of those sandwiches and just put onions and pickles on it, I'd basically have a McRib.