• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
time to gain some weight
tenor.gif

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
My wife will be excited to hear about Spicy Nuggets.

.......If we ever get takeout again. I've gotten fast food all of 3 times since March.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is this the first good 2020 thing? Are we at an inflection point?

First, Spicy McNuggets, then, Trump voted out?!

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Not sure it's going to help improve their overall (nasty) flavor much. Unless maybe we're talking Carolina Reaper McNuggets, which would likely overwhelm the mouth with too much pain to be able to taste anything. 🤷‍♀️

Brokofiev

Jun 20, 2019
The only thing I ever want from McDonald's is a McFlurry, but my current closest McDonald's ice cream machine has been "broken" for over five years. Turns out that just means they don't want to clean it.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
I was slightly disappointed in them when we had them in the UK for a while last year. But I never gave them another shot so it might have just been a bad batch or something.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish they'd bring back the classic tangy hot mustard dipping sauce. Also annoying that you have to pay extra now if you want more than two dipping sauces.

Anyways, no way they'll be better than Wendy's spicy nuggets.
I always get hot mustard with my nugs. Unless it's been discontinued in the last few months, it still exists.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I've had the ones in the UK. They're okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Don't get your hopes up people.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
No one will get to try the Chips Ahoy McFlurry cuz the machine always down.

Deleted member 20429

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Had these a few times in the UK. The nugs themselves are meh (as expected) but the dipping sauce they did exclusively for these made it worrh it.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
I came into this thread expecting people to either be grossed out or apathetic. Sorry to be 'that guy' but, McDonalds..? Really? I guess I'm out of the loop here - I thought most of the newer generations had this figured out. Don't we have all the info we need on this stuff? Food that is sourced unethically and fucks up your body. No way man. I'm sure I just sound holier than thou here, I'm just isolated I guess.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I came into this thread expecting people to either be grossed out or apathetic. Sorry to be 'that guy' but, McDonalds..? Really? I guess I'm out of the loop here - I thought most of the newer generations had this figured out. Don't we have all the info we need on this stuff? Food that is sourced unethically and fucks up your body. No way man. I'm sure I just sound holier than thou here, I'm just isolated I guess.
No one who eats McDonald's is doing so out of ignorance that the food is trash. They're doing so because it's quick, convenient, and can taste good when cooked right.

Sep 12, 2018

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
No one will get to try the Chips Ahoy McFlurry cuz the machine always down.

I read a thread on Reddit from McDonald's workers not too long back. Given the horror stories about how difficult those machines are to clean and how neglected they are in general, I wouldn't order anything from them in fear of infection (mildew, mold, etc). Maybe they were being hyperbolic and I'm sure it can't be that way everywhere, but there was enough of them chiming in to convince me.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
I tried McDonald's spicy nuggets in Ireland last year. They were better than the original nuggets but still not great.

I recently tried Wendy's spicy nuggets for the first time, they were much better. Hopefully the US recipe is better when it gets here

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
No one who eats McDonald's is doing so out of ignorance that the food is trash. They're doing so because it's quick, convenient, and can taste good when cooked right.

"Taco Bell isn't real Mexican food!" is my favorite. People who go there know it's as authentic as a plastic construction set for kids, but that's entirely the point.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I read a thread on Reddit from McDonald's workers not too long back. Given the horror stories about how difficult those machines are to clean and how neglected they are in general, I wouldn't order anything from them in fear of infection (mildew, mold, etc). Maybe they were being hyperbolic and I'm sure it can't be that way everywhere, but there was enough of them chiming in to convince me.
Honestly, if I want some soft-serve, I go to the QT across the street. 79 cent cone of some of the best soft serve ever; even better than DQ's to me

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
I have heard similar things about another fast food restaurant and their frozen treats machine. A former worker there told me she will never ever buy any shakes/ice cream from any fast food place because she's seen how horrific and dirty the machines are.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

I used to compile health inspection reports for a local paper back in college. Soft serve and ice machines are a horror show no matter where you go.

A common tactic was for restaurants to paint over the mold in an attempt to hide it from the inspector.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I love spicy chicken sandwiches/nuggets, but I just can't see these being good with the type of batter breading they use.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
"marking the first time the chain has introduced a new McNugget flavor in the U.S. since the menu item debuted in 1983."

Nah. They changed to all white meat. That's a different flavor objectively.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Never liked regular McNuggets, so I'll probably stick with Wendy's spicy nuggets

That being said, I also don't like Wendy's regular nuggets either, so maybe I'll give these a try