• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
CNN: McDonald's CEO Steve Easterbrook is out for 'consensual relationship with an employee'. https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/03/business/mcdonalds-ceo-steve-easterbrook-steps-down/index.html
Easterbrook, who became CEO in 2015, "demonstrated poor judgment involving a recent consensual relationship with an employee," McDonald's said in a statement.
"As for my departure, I engaged in a recent consensual relationship with an employee, which violated McDonald's policy," Easterbrook wrote. "This was a mistake. Given the values of the company, I agree with the board that it is time for me to move on. Beyond this, I hope you can respect my desire to maintain my privacy."

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess he was lovin' it a bit too much

At least this was consensual

Oct 26, 2017
Should've dated Wendy.
tumblr_omxarcn8pS1r5zq6ao1_250.gif

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the time this is okay, so long as the ranking employee discloses the relationship to the company. It may have been that he was trying to hide the relationship.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It may well be consensual, but it opens a major can of worms. Every promotion the employee receives will be seen through that lens. Every other employee who feels slighted will think they deserved the promotion, etc..

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I'm not comfortable with this train of thought... if someone wishes to date successful people that is their right
I mean, this is one of the main reasons it's against company policy. It has nothing to do with dating successful people, it has to do with the power dynamics. Since nobody can know what is going on in their heads to know if the subordinate is being coerced (or worse), it is easier to make it a blanket policy.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this is one of the main reasons it's against company policy. It has nothing to do with dating successful people, it has to do with the power dynamics. Since nobody can know what is going on in their heads to know if the subordinate is being coerced (or worse), it is easier to make it a blanket policy.

Yup, when you're the CEO you really can't date anyone in the company. It just cannot work.