• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Those sauces were great!

Cajun does not taste cajun to me but definitely reminded me a bit of the CFA sauce. If people are saying this is what hot mustard tastes like I should try that.

Sweet chili tastes like That sweet chili which I really like as a dipping sauce. I really hope this one stays.

Overall, wish they had done more for the promotion, but at least neither sauce disappointed.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ok so here's the skinny, fam

the only good thing about the Travis Scott meal was that it was a good bit cheaper than that combo normally was

with this, the price is the same exact price of the Medium/Large nugget combo meals

at my location it's $7.29

so here's the thing, right now if you use the app to order there is a 'Shareables' section, with one of the best orders being their nugget deal.

the nugget deal is 20 piece nuggets with a basket of fries (more fries than a large) for $7

so that's more nuggets AND more fries for less money

but I can hear you now, "fat dog, what about the soda?!!? if you get a soda then that's $8 you chump idiot"

well if you need that soda fix, McDonald's also has a "Deals" section! and one of their consistent deals is their tier'd discounts! $3 off a $15 order, $2 off a $10 order, AAAAAND... $1 off a $7 order!!

so, you get the 20 piece nuggets, the basket of fries, and a large soda for $7, MORE nugs, MORE fries, MORE soda, cheaper price!

AND I CAN HEAR YOU NOW

"but fat science dog, what about the DAMN sauces??!? you idiot dog i hate you!!"

WELL, when you order the Nuggets Shareable, you can choose your sauces, and the Cajin/Sweet chili are there to pick! Not only that, but the app has a "Condiments" section, where you can add more sauces for free

I'll take my nobel prize now thx

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Got this for my partner yesterday and tried a bit of both sauces. Not bad.

Not an urgently incredible and groundbreaking shift in fast food or anything, but not bad.

BTS forever, y'all

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did not know there is a custom mcnugget box
I hope there are more among us mcnuggets

9FFWg2v.jpg

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna grab this meal today lol. Managed to actually buy a shirt from a manager for their BTS Crew shirts for not a bad price. Not gonna sell it though lol I actually like the design

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Cajun sauce is great.

the sweet chili is alright, but I really like that Cajun.

Tastes like a halfway decent Cajun remoulade you would get on an eggs Benedict or po' boy

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
AN EVEN BETTER DISCOUNT, AND MORE FRIES

I AM MORE GOD THAN DOG

HybZVG8.jpg

Damn they aren't kidding with that just for you shit. I've never gotten a deal that good. We don't have that shareable you mentioned earlier either. Whatever, though, because it's free medium fries on friday and with a 20 piece being $5, that's $6 with a drink. Tried the sauces yesterday and I'm pretty much sold. Gonna hurt when the Cajun sauce is gone. :(

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Damn they aren't kidding with that just for you shit. I've never gotten a deal that good. We don't have that shareable you mentioned earlier either. Whatever, though, because it's free medium fries on friday and with a 20 piece being $5, that's $6 with a drink. Tried the sauces yesterday and I'm pretty much sold. Gonna hurt when the Cajun sauce is gone. :(
the sauces are really good, i think i like the sweet chili a bit more than the cajun

im gonna have to try and homebrew my own once they are gone

mix some buffalo with sweet and sour or sommit :(

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
the sauces are really good, i think i like the sweet chili a bit more than the cajun

im gonna have to try and homebrew my own once they are gone

mix some buffalo with sweet and sour or sommit :(

I thought I liked the Sweet Chili more but I kept going for the Cajun. Both are better than pretty much all the other sauces they have. Like there's a legitimate kick to them.

I bet you could spice up the Sweet and Sour sauce. Not sure if buffalo would be the right flavor profile hmmm

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Had this the other day.

It's fine. Not really worth it if you don't love the fries and nugget quantities. Just get the sauces separately to a normal side I would say, which are pretty good.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually thought both the Cajun and sweet chili sauces were pretty good. My local McD's let you pick them without the BTS meal, dunno if that's standard. Was tasty.

MasterCheeze

Oct 29, 2017
McDonald's Sweet Chili is what first introduced me to that magic sauce, so I'm happy to see it returning outside of a Winter Olympics. Looking forward to trying the Cajun sauce too, McD's sauce game has unfortunately taken a huge hit since they keep getting rid of stuff like Habenero Ranch and Hot Mustard. 😞

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Yea, but that wasnt a cultural crossover. Like, are they afraid that if they did something a bit korean, it will hurt BTS image?
My guess is that they went for the meal that has the most broad appeal. A McNugget meal is a safe pick to get all of the BTS stans running out to buy it purely because of the branding. If you did something like a Bulgogi Burger that would be a lot more interesting but it also probably wouldn't sell as well.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Yea, but that wasnt a cultural crossover. Like, are they afraid that if they did something a bit korean, it will hurt BTS image?
I think it's more that McDonald's knows these meals are mostly selling to hardcore fans, and that they don't need to invest in anything to sell them. Like they could have brought over a more unique item - but that's millions of additional dollars in ingredients for a menu item that will sell regardless of content. Hell, the fact they even bothered getting new sauces for this is kind of a miracle.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
LOL the meal cost 8.59.

If they buy each item separately it cost 6.59 and you also get 2 extra nuggets.

That BTS aint coming free, yo

Personally ive never understood these kind of marketing gimmicks, its just cheap protein that tastes adequate for the time im eating it, i dont need a brand attached to it

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Sweet chili tastes like sweet chili. I guess the special thing is them using black plastic instead of the usual white.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
So far I have the bag the cup the box and two sauces un-opened.

They sell for a crazy price already so I'm gonna be rich soon.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
These sauces are the best nuggets sauces that McDonalds has added as long as I can remember. They need to make them permanent.

The Cajun sauce definitely reminded me of Chick-fil-A Sauce but with more of a dijon/spicy mustard flavor. The Sweet Chili is basically what you'd expect but it's tasty with a nice bit of spice. Could have appreciated even more spice, but it's good with what it is.

The best part is that aside from being tasty, they just compliment the tempura breaded nuggets so well. I used up all the sauce they gave me with every bite, which is usually not the case.

On the topic of McNugget sauce, I just wanted to take this opportunity to rant about McDonald's BBQ dipping sauce. It is trash. That is all.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Got the BTS meal tonight. Fucking sucks. My costco buffalo mayo is better. As good as their music.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
BTS = $12.30

10 Nuggets = $4.49
Medium fries = $1.79
Drink = effectively free

McDonald's wants people to overpay for their marketing gimmick. How stupid does McDonald's think people are?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I've got 2 bags

2 nugget boxes

3 cups

3 sauces

I'm gonna be rich

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
BTS = $12.30

10 Nuggets = $4.49
Medium fries = $1.79
Drink = effectively free

McDonald's wants people to overpay for their marketing gimmick. How stupid does McDonald's think people are?

It comes out to about $8-and-change USD for me after sales tax... Got it for my partner the day the promo started and was surprised that it was as low as it was. I can input it into the app on my phone and still get the same price too.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
ive already solved it with my awesome tip and hot trickz, you can get them dippers with other nuggo meals 'n deals

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
thankfully you can get the new sauce with the $5 20 piece nuggets, so you don't have to buy the BTS meal. At least, my closet McD's let me.

I really liked the sweet chili.

But yeah, the BTS meal is not offered at a bargain price like their first collab. That's a shame, cause that's the only way I would buy it.