• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I loved McDonald's Apple Pies in the 90s. They certainly didn't look like they do in the photos. I guess they changed the recipe/prep style at some point in the past two decades?

EDIT: They were baked in the 90s, not fried. Not sure what the situation is now.

Fake EDIT: now Japan-based but lived in the US before.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I admit it's kind of a chemically abomination, but I won't lie: I love McD's holiday pie.

DQU68mEUIAEWrew.jpg

The apple pies are fine, but I always seek these out when they're available.
As someone who worked at McD's for longer than anyone should, I can vouch that these are great, but always sold terribly.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds to me like the US is being screwed out of the decent apple pies, really.

Who in the hell wants a baked good from McDonalds?

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
It's been a decade since I last had one, but I don't remember these being substantially different from Hostess or Little Debbie pies. What's special about them?

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I miss the 2 for 99 cents deal they had for them. They finish so quick, I swear I could buy an entire rack of them. Also love the strawberry creme pies as well.

Riptwo

Oct 25, 2017
I still like these even in the baked era, but I really miss the cherry pies that they used to sell in Canada. I keep hoping they'll bring them back, but no dice.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
When I worked at McDonald's when I was in high school, I would occasionally get a treat during closing where there would be one or two apple pies that didn't get sold. I would pump a shot of caramel sauce for the sundaes onto it, take a bite, and repeat until it was gone. So good.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
You only ever bite into a McDonalds Apple Pie straight away once. The burn never leaves you. A life lesson we must all learn.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
Fried-Apple-Pie.jpg

I'm old enough to remember when McDonalds apple pies were good. That shit they serve now is garbage compared to the fried chunks of magic they used to serve.
This is what I came in for! They got rid of these for the healthier baked version, what a joke. Not to mention they got rid of Coke Zero to protect the children.