• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Man...when these things are warm they are bussin'
NewMcApplePie_Lead.jpg

I just had one of them a few minutes ago and it was perfect. What a fucking awesome Valentine's Day.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
I sometimes get a coffee from the one by my work and learned that they make guayaba pies too. Blew my mind.

OP
OP
Zombine

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
These are the shit, they still available nationwide? I feel like I don't see them at my local ones

I'm not sure. Sometimes I find that they might be sold out for the day or for a short period of time, but they're never permanently gone. I actually prefer the new shape that I have shown above. They seem to cook much more evenly and are less likely to burn.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
McDonald's Pumpkin Pies > All other McDonald's pies.

And get the FUCK outta here with that hybrid Pumpkin/Creme Pie shit. That stuff is gross as hell.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I haven't had them in like 20 years, so I'm sure they changed since then, but McDonalds and Burger King had some great, but really bad for you apple pies. Fried and glazed, burning the roof of your mouth, but so worth it.

Oct 22, 2020
I admit it's kind of a chemically abomination, but I won't lie: I love McD's holiday pie.

DQU68mEUIAEWrew.jpg

The apple pies are fine, but I always seek these out when they're available.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think i've had one in 15 years or so. I don't even really remember what they're like. Next time I'll pick one up.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I rarely ate fast food (even before and during pregnancy), but I remember having a distinct craving for a McD apple pie one night at 11pm that nothing else could satisfy.

It was the first time in years that I wasn't disappointed by a fast food craving.

I'd probably buy another one, if just to huff the bag. Smells delicious when it's just an apple pie.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Too sweet. Then again I'm not a huge apple pie fan.

Toaster Streudels are where it (instant pastry dessert) is at

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Fried-Apple-Pie.jpg

I'm old enough to remember when McDonalds apple pies were good. That shit they serve now is garbage compared to the fried chunks of magic they used to serve.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only time I had one was when I got food from a mcdonalds drivethrough at 4AM after a 20 hour workday without any food and they gave me one for free because of some reason. Was good i guess.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
I miss the fried ones. They started the garbo baked ones in the early 90s. Thankfully Jollibee still fries those fuckers.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I admit it's kind of a chemically abomination, but I won't lie: I love McD's holiday pie.

DQU68mEUIAEWrew.jpg

The apple pies are fine, but I always seek these out when they're available.
I loved this the first time I tried one in early December last year, but then I got another a few weeks later and it was cold and the filling was gummy. Left me so disappointed I didn't try another before they left. :(

Nell

Oct 27, 2017
They don't fry them anymore so they don't taste very good. It was a rare treat for me so I didn't care how unhealthy they were at the time.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly

Just thinking about the taste of cooked apple makes me kind of nauseous

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
i keep going back and forth with them. When cold, they can taste like cardboard, but when warm, it's perfect.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017