• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Notice that there is nothing cited to back those bullets points, no math, no think tank etc. The $1200 that was originally agreed to last time was an actual calculation citing certain factor, ridiculous as they where they at least had math behind their reasoning g for $1200. This time it's just halving it for no reason and coming up with bullets points from their ass to justify the crumbs.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Shit yeah!!! Fuck eating!!! I'm going to invest my $600 in the stock market!!

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The CNBC article manages to fail both ways. It fails the people living on the border of the poverty line because $600 will barely cover rent and using it for "savings" is laughable. It fails the upper middle class because $600 is such a minuscule portion of their income and savings that it might as well not be there.

I am impressed by how useless this content is, even by the standards of useless CNBC content.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
These motherfuckers are crazy... there should be protests in the streets. Republicans and Democrats (that wouldn't work because republicans don't wear masks) shit. Stop letting this happen.

N1corex

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Jun 7, 2020
from the cnbc article i read they said after signed in these 600 bucks wont eve go out till spring.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
What I'm getting from this is it's okay to let Americans suffer, as they are only doing this to retain power. Now what will they do with that power? Apparently nothing unless it involves them keeping power.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Epd2_28U0AAUKhL.jpg

Epd2_3MUwAA7BoQ.jpg

Imagine publishing this shit.
what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
There's so many articles that are tone deaf when it comes to financials for the majority of people. They *have* to be doing it on purpose for clicks.

Thebox

Dec 26, 2019
Yes, people can just buy a PS5 and live in that. I mean it's big enough right and generates its own heat🤣

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
It's ... a 1 time $600?

WTF is wrong with this nation? How are people supposed to survive off that? That's not even a month of my rent ...

It's ... a 1 time $600?

WTF is wrong with this nation? How are people supposed to survive off that? That's not even a month of my rent ...
Traditional American psychology is all but grounded in the fundamental attribution error. If anything bad happens to you, it's your fault because you didn't work hard enough.

Don't forget at the start of the pandemic, some conservative pundits immediately tested the waters for blaming people getting sick on living in poverty, because poverty is a choice, therefore you chose to get a virus.

Yamajian

Oct 30, 2017
If Mitch thinks he can guarantee the GOP majority for the next few years buy giving everyone only 600 dollars of someone else's money, he will do that in 2 seconds flat.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
From a pure politics point of view, the republicans completely fucked up by not pushing out a stimulus check just before the election. I guess they wouldn't be republicans if they managed to get one out though.

Mar 3, 2019
Winning the senate is a pipe dream, so im surprised it changed his mind if so. The odds of getting 2 seats in georgia of all places are low

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
$600 for almost half a year of no payments after that initial $1200 payout. Other countries are paying $1000+ monthly...
the payment does barely anything for those that really need it

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Trump probably wanted to.

Mitch can't get his caucus to agree on anything that high... The teabaggers don't even want to give a stimulus at all. No way that had a chance of getting out of the Senate.

I believe so. He's solely concerned with what would keep him in office, not pleasing any donors like Mitch is and more importanly, It ain't coming out of Trump's pockets.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Democrats need to win Georgia so the people can send a message to republicans that trying to manipulate them into voting by dangling money they need to help themselves out during A GOD DAMN CRISIS WE HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH FOR 9 MONTHS NOW is wrong and that people aren't gonna take it.

Dc and PR statehood and bring actual covid unemployment help to people that need it.

also kinda off topic, but if PR and DC get statehood, I'm guessing DC will get some electoral college votes from Virginia sinceVirginia would lose population in its state and DC would gain it, but what about PR?
PR would have 5, 6, or 7 electoral votes (iirc 5 House districts, 2 or 3 of which Dems could def win)

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Traditional American psychology is all but grounded in the fundamental attribution error. If anything bad happens to you, it's your fault because you didn't work hard enough.

Don't forget at the start of the pandemic, some conservative pundits immediately tested the waters for blaming people getting sick on living in poverty, because poverty is a choice, therefore you chose to get a virus.
And that mentality will never change.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trump wanted to (sometimes; other times he said no deal lol). McConnell was always opposed.

If Congress had passed a stimulus deal in the fall with $2000 checks Trump almost certainly would have won.

Also gotta factor in that Trump caught Covid a month before the election and was jacked up on EVERY drug in the lead-up to the election. Probably was a lot easier for Mitch to talk him out of it

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
PR would have 5, 6, or 7 electoral votes (iirc 5 House districts, 2 or 3 of which Dems could def win)

i feel so dumb, i completely forgot it was based on number of senators lol

still though, DC and PR (if they want it) statehoodis somethign thatis way overdue. especially after seeing how PR was treated during hurricane Maria. if they were a state, they would have had a much higher chance of getting the help they rightfully deserved

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
So tired of this. People out of jobs right before Christmas, during a pandemic, where the govt refuses to help. I really hope there is a hell just for these evil fucks. They are so transparently evil, not even realy hiding it. Yet, millions of stupid fucks vote republicans in year after year, election after election. And for what? To stick a needle in their own eyes? Slam their fingers in a door while blaming Dems? Just so sick and tired of everything. I need some break somewhere ffs

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
i feel so dumb, i completely forgot it was based on number of senators lol

still though, DC and PR (if they want it) statehoodis somethign thatis way overdue. especially after seeing how PR was treated during hurricane Maria. if they were a state, they would have had a much higher chance of getting the help they rightfully deserved
They should go further and make Guam, American Samoa and the Virgin Isles individual states if their people voted for it.

No taxation without representation.