• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
EpejHvPXEAMTyuB.jpg

Just use it wisely, everyone!

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
Such a large disconnect between what the people actually need and are getting. Like that doesn't even cover rent for a month, not even acknowledging people are struggling to eat, etc.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Democrats need to win Georgia so the people can send a message to republicans that trying to manipulate them into voting by dangling money they need to help themselves out during A GOD DAMN CRISIS WE HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH FOR 9 MONTHS NOW is wrong and that people aren't gonna take it.

Dc and PR statehood and bring actual covid unemployment help to people that need it.

also kinda off topic, but if PR and DC get statehood, I'm guessing DC will get some electoral college votes from Virginia sinceVirginia would lose population in its state and DC would gain it, but what about PR?

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
$600 is fine you guys. You just have to use it wisely to grow it into a larger sum. You can use it to pay your credit card debt. But make sure you have 6-12 months of cash savings online just in case anything happens lol!

How fucking out of touch do you have to be to write this shit?

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
$600 is fine you guys. You just have to use it wisely to grow it into a larger sum. You can use it to pay your credit card debt. But make sure you have 6-12 months of cash savings online just in case anything happens lol!

How fucking out of touch do you have to be to write this shit?

I mean....it's CNBC.

Nov 2, 2017
out of touch cold hearted evil mf clowns

didnt they just pass another huge 740b military spending bill? like in blazing speed. because of course.

edit. Trump said he'll veto it lol.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, really gotta appreciate the compromise. $600 should last us something like 3 months, right? /s

Republicans belong in the moon.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
The train's already left the station. Way too little, way too late. Had the GOP been in support of supporting the American people throughout the pandemic, people would care. A piddling $600 in December isn't going to move the needle.

You mean in February or shit when it actually gets to people's pockets..

Oct 26, 2017
We're hitting close to almost 4,000 dead in a single day and this is the best response Congress can do? The country is in the middle of a crisis and there's no urgency or since of gravity with these people.

Unfortunately if the stock market isn't plummeting, these people won't move beyond tossing copper coins to the masses.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Phew. I was just running out of the $1200 from 9 months ago!
/s
Seriously.

One fucking check all year, and people still voted Repubs back in across the country and Trump almost made it back into the White House.

Fuck this country and I don't know why people think this stimulus will save Georgia for the Dems.

Nov 2, 2017
$600 can be a lot more later if you manage it right.

Someone actually said this in Dec 2020.

thats it Im calling Tom Cruise

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I thought "bulking up your savings" with this $600 was particularly wild.

"Ignore all your bills and needs and start a savings account!!"

Keep that little nest egg for a year and you'll accrue a solid couple of pennies in interest and be riding high. Then eat your oreo cookie off the floor like an animal

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How about not giving trillions to Wall Street and the defense industry?

Just give them $600 and tell them to use it wisely. It will have a lasting effect on their shareholders.

Nov 18, 2020
My rent is $905, so this $600 stimulus we have waited nine months for will keep me in my apartment for a whopping...20 days. LOL.

And this is an incredible, unimaginably good deal in a city for a 1 bedroom. Usually it's more like $700-$900 PER ROOM.

Give us $4800 checks you cowards!

Now retroactive checks like this would legitimately stimulate the economy and get us back to normal. That would actually pay off people's accrued rent debts. This $600 bullshit is a drop in the bucket.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Don't worry with that $600 and $5mil of daddy's money you too can be a small business owner. Daddy doesn't have $5 mil? Better pull up them bootstraps! Ugh this is disgusting.

Unemployment should at the very least be $600 a week ($15 an hour x 40 hours though most of America still doesn't even make $15 an hour) with monthly stimulus checks being issued to everyone and unemployment being extended until the vaccine is widely available. But instead we got more money for the wealthy and possible immunity for companies that are reckless with peoples lives? Fuck this country.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
If he'd approved $2000 checks in October, Trump and the GOP would have won in a landslide.

Trump was too stupid to withhold the Supreme Court Nomination until AFTER Republicans sent out checks before the election to help him win. That was probably the only leverage he had against the Republicans in Congress to get them to do what he wanted, and he threw that leverage away.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even realize you guys were only going to get $600 this time around. That's fucked up

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Would checks even arrive by Jan 5? If the legislation is signed by trump *tomorrow* that still be an aggressive timeline.

The majority of voters do not pay attention to the machinations of congress until it actually affects them.

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
"The reported sum of $600 per individual may not sound like much, but-"

Imma stop you right there. There is nothing that could go after the "but" that does anyone any good. The reason it doesn't sound like much is because it isn't much, it's less than half of the average monthly rent in the US. Lol, successfully negotiate a whole 600 bucks, go fuck yourself GOP.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if we the people got the lions share of the last stimulus... if we had gotten 10k individually instead of that going to corporations...
EpejHvPXEAMTyuB.jpg

Just use it wisely, everyone!
Ahhh yes I can really take care of a lot of my 20k debt with 600, with enough left over to put in savings. *eyeroll*

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow.... no words for that CNBC article. How is it possible someone writes and publishes that article. I mean what?!?!