• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
This is a big hint as any that if the GOP keeps power in the Senate, they absolutely want Americans to suffer and die. Only doing checks to keep their power for PR purposes isn't actually supporting giving people money.

That's maybe 1 rent payment in the cheaper areas of the country. Some people might get to stave off eviction for one more month. Thanks, Mitch.

There is no state in the entire country where that even matches the median cost of rent. And most people are at least months behind on payments.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Can't fucking believe we went lower than 1200 in a pandemic thats killing over 3000 Americans every single day. Mitch and the republicans are a stain on humanity gaddamn.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If he'd approved $2000 checks in October, Trump and the GOP would have won in a landslide.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
We should be pushing the message for fat and juicy stimulus if we get the run offs in Georgia, money talks.

Literally vote blue amd get green if we win.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes probably. I said so at the time that the one thing Trump could probably do to win was to cut big fat checks.

But of course he was too dumb to do the obvious.

Trump probably wanted to.

Mitch can't get his caucus to agree on anything that high... The teabaggers don't even want to give a stimulus at all. No way that had a chance of getting out of the Senate.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this so hard?

Look at the big fat checks other countries are cutting every month.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a big hint as any that if the GOP keeps power in the Senate, they absolutely want Americans to suffer and die. Only doing checks to keep their power for PR purposes isn't actually supporting giving people money.

There is no state in the entire country where that even matches the median cost of rent. And most people are at least months behind on payments.
I rented a cheap one bedroom in my early '20's that I paid $700 for (in the midwest). But yeah, for most people it ain't shit.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
I have to agree with everyone saying that literally make this $1200 and retroactive so A) the US for once don't look like a damn clown college & B) If you really wanted total control of branches of government you would have done it already.

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
Fuck that turtle looking fuck. I never wished ill on anyone but would not shed a single fuck if he was swarmed by African killer bees.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Dems should now run that they wanted to give $1200 like before but the Bad Reps would only relent to $600. Make up some shit like that percentage that Romney spouted off during his presidential run that Reps believe giving more than $600 would make people too reliant or something. Hammer home that they DO. NOT. WANT. TO. HELP.

Because they don't.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
No. It's that the people who matter to him are not the public. Why do you think he wants to protect companies more than help people?

They went from nothing for those fucking poors, to OK 600 if that gets them to shutup.

Its insulting considering now businesses can't be sued for betting on which employees get covid/no standards. Nothing.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ive been working my ass off all year, making way less due to my company temporairly suspending 401k match, less hours and discontinued bonuses. Oh we had hazard pay for a couple a months but that's been over since about September and COVID has been more rampant than ever.

congress is a joke

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The train's already left the station. Way too little, way too late. Had the GOP been in support of supporting the American people throughout the pandemic, people would care. A piddling $600 in December isn't going to move the needle.

If it hit peoples bank accounts before christmas, maybe. I don't see that happening.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
The people of Georgia (just like everywhere else) are going to see this one-time $600 payment like

tenor.gif
What Mickey Mouse movie is this from? 😂😂

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
No deal till it's raised to $1200 and it should have been are third stimulus check. Every Democrat needs to be on TV calling out the Republicans over the $600.

Deleted member 19293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's zero fucking reason to accept $600 as a one-time payment. If he's giving up because of the idea that it'll cost them the senate, then we should push them even harder.

Oct 25, 2017
$600 is a slap in the face after almost half a year with no additional stimulus and cumulative financial suffering. This won't have the effect they think it will. I hope to god that the disheartened GOP after a Trump loss, a Trumpless ticket, the peanut gallery buying into the rigged/meaningless elections, reduce turnout enough to squeak out a Dem victory.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
then maybe the democrats should be playing constant commercials telling people they get MORE if the democrats win

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
The train's already left the station. Way too little, way too late. Had the GOP been in support of supporting the American people throughout the pandemic, people would care. A piddling $600 in December isn't going to move the needle.
Yeah, its going to be insulting. IT won't even cover back utilities for most people. He saw the writing on the wall too late hopefully.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
$600 is a slap in the face after almost half a year with no additional stimulus and cumulative financial suffering. This won't have the effect they think it will. I hope to god that the disheartened GOP after a Trump loss, a Trumpless ticket, the peanut gallery buying into the rigged/meaningless elections, reduce turnout enough to squeak out a Dem victory.
This is only going to lead more financial collapse. These idiots in Congress don't get economics at all.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Yes probably. I said so at the time that the one thing Trump could probably do to win was to cut big fat checks.

But of course he was too dumb to do the obvious.
Trump wanted to (sometimes; other times he said no deal lol). McConnell was always opposed.

If Congress had passed a stimulus deal in the fall with $2000 checks Trump almost certainly would have won.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
600 ain't crap but i'll take it. it at least covers christmas spending and helps me put that money i saved into the bank. who the hell knows what next years economy is gonna look like. btw this isn't me endorsing mitch or anything as i hate that bastard and have donated multiple times for the democrats in the georgia runoff.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Pressure him harder. Halving the stimulus when people are losing their homes, jobs, and lives is not enough.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Incoming "personal responsibility" bullshit coming en masse from the right to try and justify such a pathetic amount of money.