• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I guess he is partially right though.

It distracted us from seeing just exactly HOW bad of a job Trump was actually doing with it until it was too late.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump could have just done his job but instead he went to rallies, talk shows, press conferences, and twitter and kept yelling witch hunt

Oct 27, 2017
Traitor Turtle. If I'm wealthy one day I'm going to build a granite monument to these people and put it somewhere extremely public with pictures and an explanation of what they did to destroy the reputation of their surviving descendents. And it will be quite dense and necessarily compromised to fit as many as I can.

Descendants? Some dangerous thinking there

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
Why even get mad at this point? Until the politicians that supposedly represent our views start beating Mitch and his ilk at their own game it is pointless for us to get mad about losing. (and we are losing, in many different ways)

At least we shouldn't get mad at the R's. They're main job is to screw everyone over for the 1%.

We should be angry at the D's that just can't get it done (besides a few years here and there before the R voters remember to go pack the congress against a D president). We should be holding them accountable, our journalists should be hitting the D politicians that fail us much harder than they do.

We need D candidates that run for office just like the R's, play their game, but even dirtier, hit them harder, make them cry foul, pass the talking points on down to the voters, build a raucous following of D supporters that will show up with pride to vote for their party line.

It's all just my two cents at this point. I just refuse to be angry about any of this anymore.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting for this "defense" and surprised it took this long for them to use it.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump went on six golf trips during this time. Let me guess, the lazy-ass MSM is both-sidesing it rather than dismissing McConnell's bullshit out of hand.

Oct 27, 2017
A list with the most traitorous politicians in American History won't be complete without this sack of shit on it.

Also, trying to deflect blame from an administration that purposefully sabotaged itself is impressive.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I think this is a pretty legitimate statement, actually. With all the document requests that the White House had to and did respond to in such a timely manner, with all the witnesses that were called and tied up for days, they probably were busy with other things when they should've been focused on the pandemic.

Somehow democrats were able to sound the alarm AND attempt to impeach Trump, weird how Republicans could barely do either.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Why even get mad at this point? Until the politicians that supposedly represent our views start beating Mitch and his ilk at their own game it is pointless for us to get mad about losing. (and we are losing, in many different ways)

At least we shouldn't get mad at the R's. They're main job is to screw everyone over for the 1%.

We should be angry at the D's that just can't get it done (besides a few years here and there before the R voters remember to go pack the congress against a D president). We should be holding them accountable, our journalists should be hitting the D politicians that fail us much harder than they do.

We need D candidates that run for office just like the R's, play their game, but even dirtier, hit them harder, make them cry foul, pass the talking points on down to the voters, build a raucous following of D supporters that will show up with pride to vote for their party line.

It's all just my two cents at this point. I just refuse to be angry about any of this anymore.
The only reason Democratic candidates have better policy positions is because Democratic voters have actual principles. If we turn the Democratic electorate into another frothing mob of mindless zealots then we'll just have two parties electing corrupt con artists.

So yeah, get mad at Republican politicians, and Republican voters. They're the bad guys. What the fuck kind of logic is it to blame the people trying to do better?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Descendants? Some dangerous thinking there

Obviously I'm refering to these guys:

BrWINT8.gif

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
The only reason Democratic candidates have better policy positions is because Democratic voters have actual principles. If we turn the Democratic electorate into another frothing mob of mindless zealots then we'll just have two parties electing corrupt con artists.

So yeah, get mad at Republican politicians, and Republican voters. They're the bad guys. What the fuck kind of logic is it to blame the people trying to do better?

They're not doing better if they're losing, because if they lose, we lose. I'm not blaming them for their ideas that they want to bring to the table (those are great), I blame them for not even recognizing they're playing the wrong game.

Oct 28, 2017
The evidence does not match the contention. The CDC issued its first warning on Jan 8. Trump held rallies on Jan 9, Jan 14, Jan 28, Jan 30, Feb 10, Feb 19, Feb 20, Feb 21 & Feb 28. He also golfed Jan 18, Jan 19, Feb 1, Feb 15, Mar 7 & Mar 8. The first time he admitted coronavirus might be a problem was Mar 13

It's odd that Impeachment didn't get in the way of rallies or golf. It just got in the way of addressing a pandemic and the welfare of a nation. Their inaction and incompetence have cost American lives.

I hope that when Mitch's end comes that he is surrounded by all the people that love him and he's begging them to kill him because the pain is so unbearable.

Last edited:

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow both things are true:

- Trump has had a perfect response to the Coronavirus threat
- Impeachment distracted Trump from the Coronavirus threat

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
These people aren't trolls. They are evil. The word "troll" masks their evil and I've raised this in other posts, but I hate it being bandied around on the internet as a word to conceal antisocial/sociopathic actions.

You're right.

The evidence does not match the contention. The CDC issued its first warning on Jan 8. Trump held rallies on Jan 9, Jan 14, Jan 28, Jan 30, Feb 10, Feb 19, Feb 20, Feb 21 & Feb 28. He also golfed Jan 18, Jan 19, Feb 1, Feb 15, Mar 7 & Mar 8. The first time he admitted coronavirus might be a problem was Mar 13

It's odd that Impeachment didn't get in the way of rallies or golf. It just got in the way of addressing a pandemic and the welfare of a nation. Their inaction and incompetence have cost Americans lives.

I hope that when Mitch's end comes that he is surrounded by all the people that love him and he's begging them to kill him because the pain is so unbearable.

Is the media so afraid of losing access that they refuse to call them out on blatant lies? Is that not part of the job, or am I mistaken??

Oct 28, 2017
You're right.

Is the media so afraid of losing access that they refuse to call them out on blatant lies? Is that not part of the job, or am I mistaken??
Watch Yamiche Alcindor. She sure is trying, but the White House staff cut her mic before she gets to hold the POTUS to account for his lies. It is infuriating.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
McConnell is the most cynical politician it constantly astounds me how low he goes.

Wish we had a system that didn't rewards evil men like him

taro

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I just audibly gave a "fuck you" while laughing. The truly lowest lifeform running the Senate.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
If Rand Paul doesn't die from covid-19, fucked up lung and all, then there's no karma and no god.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Max Kennerly on Twitter

“Here's the May 2018 Warren & Murray letter: https://t.co/e8zvksWTf2 Here's the Feb 2020 letter: https://t.co/pkGUMWjzM8 For nearly 2 years @ewarren & @PattyMurray have been trying to hold Trump accountable for lax pandemic preparation. @SenateGOP has been running interference.”

Impeachment...caused the GOP to run interference?

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
McConnell continues to be one of the most garbage people in government. He has spouted out almost every bad take about this pandemic you can make. I hope one day he has to own all the crap he has spouted and be held accountable.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Well one positive thing to take from this is that the republicans know they fucked up since they're trying to blame some one else.