• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Few things to keep in mind here.

1) Halo: Reach seems pretty far along with 343 already playing it, will probably get that soon with a date revealed this Sunday
2) Halo 1 & 2 are both based off their PC versions, port job on that shouldn't be the worst. (Yes CEA and H2A are based off the PC versions, not OG Xbox ones)
3) After Halo 3 is finished, ODST shouldn't take long at all
4) Halo 4 might take a bit

With all of that I personally fully expect all of MCC PC to be out by September. So basically a game a month as long as testing goes well.

Last edited:

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd say up to Jan 2020. 1 and 2 are upgraded versions, which should take a bit longer to acclimatize. 3 is a whole new ballgame, but ODST should be easy work. 4 is the same as 3.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Halo 1 & 2 are as simple as you say, they will be the anniversary editions not the old PC ports

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
A single year tbh. I can see Halo 3,ODST,4 would be easy ports as Halo Online did a lot of that work for them before they needed it.

I'm just waiting for the ElDewrito team to get their hands on it.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I'm thinking Reach will be ready in April with maybe Halo 1 before E3 and then Halo 2 at E3, then Halo 3 on the 11th of July, then Halo 4 could be around September.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
I really hope it's a month tops,but something tells me it's gonna be 3 months in between,meaning 1 and a half year lol.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think this'll take easily a few months per game... I highly doubt all of them will be out by September. But obviously I'd love to be surprised

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
I hope they don't stretch it out of a year or two. I wouldn't mind them doing 1 game a month or something.

I also wonder if Halo 5 would come to this at some point maybe as extra DLC like Reach (and MP free)?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta have time to release halo 5 before Infinite too so probably not that long.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
If they give Infinite a release date at E3 we'll have a pretty good idea when they'll finish the rollout, but I have to imagine they want to be done by the end of the year, and then release Halo 5 in 2020 a couple months before Infinite.

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
3 months minimum is my guess. Wouldn't be surprised if the release schedule is gonna end just a bit before Halo Infinite comes out.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not very optimistic so I'll say mid next year. I don't expect Reach until E3. It's an ambitious project and if MS is gonna do it right, it's gonna take time.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
I think they plan on releasing of 6 games before Halo Infinite which people are guessing will be out late 2020

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Reach at E3
Halo 1 ~ September
Halo 2 ~ November
Halo 3 + ODST ~ March 2020
Halo 4 ~ E3 2020 (Halo 5 also announced as coming to MCC)
Halo 5 ~ Fall 2020
Halo Infinite ~ Holiday 2020

People expecting a game a month are... on another planet.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Reach at E3
Halo 1 ~ September
Halo 2 ~ November
Halo 3 + ODST ~ March 2020
Halo 4 ~ E3 2020 (Halo 5 also announced as coming to MCC)
Halo 5 ~ Fall 2020
Halo Infinite ~ Holiday 2020

People expecting a game a month are... on another planet.
Really it all depends how far along it already is, we know Reach is playable right now, but have no info on the others. That and we have 2 studios + 343 on this

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Wait 2 is based on Halo 2 Vista and not the remake that was on XB1?

To clarify: The MCC version of Halo 2 on Xbox One is a port of Halo 2 Vista to begin with.

Which is actually an issue because the spawns on H2 Vista are different than the original Xbox version. And by different I mean worse, a LOT worse. The original announcement still cracks me up: "Play Halo 2 exactly how you remember it". Yeah, ok.

Deleted member 26900

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My hope is that the entire collection is in the hands of the players by the end of the year 2019. Longer if you throw a delay or two to some of the games. Another hope is that Reach is out by the beginning of E3 or at the end of Microsoft's E3 Presser.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
To clarify: The MCC version of Halo 2 on Xbox One is a port of Halo 2 Vista to begin with.

Which is actually an issue because the spawns on H2 Vista are different than the original Xbox version. And by different I mean worse, a LOT worse. The original announcement still cracks me up: "Play Halo 2 exactly how you remember it". Yeah, ok.
Luckily they've been fixing this

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I imagine it will take a while. At least a year just to get all the ports, but then probably another year after that until all the games are in their 95% final state with no major bugs or anything.

I don't particularly mind, though. I'm mostly only in it for Halo 1.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Im thinking the ports are mostly done and the staggered release is not for developping the ports but to smoothly fix any server side issues as games are added. So im expecting a week or two between games so a full roll out 1.5/2 month after release

Waaghals

Oct 27, 2017
I think they are going to spend the time necessary to avoid any perception of launch issues.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
The original two are based on the PC versions in the current MCC, but I'm assuming they're going to be using the XBone MCC's versions of the game as a base, not remaking every game from the ground up. So hopefully two months or so between launches.

The thing is, haven't they been working on this for years? I want to think a lot of the work for the whole collection is done by now, that they aren't finishing one game and then starting work on the next. I'm thinking each game is in or near the "second 90%" phase where things are getting polished.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
The original two are based on the PC versions in the current MCC, but I'm assuming they're going to be using the XBone MCC's versions of the game as a base, not remaking every game from the ground up. So hopefully two months or so between launches.

The thing is, haven't they been working on this for years? I want to think a lot of the work for the whole collection is done by now, that they aren't finishing one game and then starting work on the next. I'm thinking each game is in or near the "second 90%" phase where things are getting polished.
Actually I'm going to ask Brad and see if he might know more about that almost done part