• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope no one can super bounce into the roof in Zanzibar. Halo 2 multiplayer will always hold a special place in my heart.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
be me
download full mcc on pc gamepass to play halo2
game downloads, click play be excited
game anticheat closes the game because of lightingservice.exe
open task manager kill process
xbox client downloads the last 10GB again
fml

Update the Lighting Service and done... That was my problem some months ago because the EAC cross the process as harmful. I encounter with the same problem on the Asus forums and their solution was update Aura to the lastest version. Updated and since then MCC works like a charm with Lightingservice.exe running along...

I really hope no one can super bounce into the roof in Zanzibar. Halo 2 multiplayer will always hold a special place in my heart.

Seems like super bouncing is way more difficult to execute on MCC/Vista... Tried yesterday to superbounce on Ascension in the old Xbox spots and it was in vain... :(...

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I've already lost interest with H2A MP. I can't find any matches if it's not default 4v4 slayer.
I tried to find FFA match for 30 mins without any luck, soon as I switch back to 4v4, it finds match almost instantly. Playerbase is fucking dead or the matchmaking is broken.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Update the Lighting Service and done... That was my problem some months ago because the EAC cross the process as harmful. I encounter with the same problem on the Asus forums and their solution was update Aura to the lastest version. Updated and since then MCC works like a charm with Lightingservice.exe running along...

Seems like super bouncing is way more difficult to execute on MCC/Vista... Tried yesterday to superbounce on Ascension in the old Xbox spots and it was in vain... :(...
IIRC superbouncing is one of the bugs specifically tied to resolution and a couple other factors, so while it wasn't fixed, the very nature of conditions not being identical to OG Xbox means it doesn't work the same.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Jeeeeezus, the last half of the campaign just constantly bombard you with a fuckton of enemies, so much so, that I'm just starting to speedrun right by them just to get to the next area.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Hitches on loading into a new area, hitches when switching between new and old graphics, spotty performance in places, borked audio levels on H2 Classic... not impressed.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Having H2A installed, having that reflected on the in-game install menu, and the Win10 installation menu, and also letting it choose that campaign, only to be told "it's not installed" is annoying. Is that a known issue, or just a result of their goofy placeholder "pre-load" telling all those interfaces that the actual game is installed?

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
Having H2A installed, having that reflected on the in-game install menu, and the Win10 installation menu, and also letting it choose that campaign, only to be told "it's not installed" is annoying. Is that a known issue that they've commented on a timetable for?
I had that on first launch after the update finsihed. Simply restarted the game and it cleared up though.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I've already lost interest with H2A MP. I can't find any matches if it's not default 4v4 slayer.
I tried to find FFA match for 30 mins without any luck, soon as I switch back to 4v4, it finds match almost instantly. Playerbase is fucking dead or the matchmaking is broken.

It's been hovering around 30k players for the last couple of days apparently, so something's definitely up with the matchmaking. My current "playlist" setting is 4v4, H2A, objective and action sack modes only (so no Slayer, Swat or Snipers) and most of the time I find a game within a minute.

Still wish we'd just gotten regular playlists, though. I hate this system.

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, so now when I want to start Halo 2 on Gamepass it just opens the Microsoft Store page of "Gaming Services", which is up to date. Cannot boot the game anymore. Anyone having the same issue?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jeeeeezus, the last half of the campaign just constantly bombard you with a fuckton of enemies, so much so, that I'm just starting to speedrun right by them just to get to the next area.

The rocket launcher flood always get you, you see them, you see the rocket coming.....nooooo.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Here's hoping someone can mod a better looking Cortana into the Halo 2 Anniversary campaign

I'd even take the original. That shit is abysmal. Have to wonder whether they just ran out of time or hired a 14 year old highschool student to make her

Vort

Nov 9, 2017
144fps doesn't feel that great somehow in this game. Is it my imagination or does someone else feel the same? Feels like 60.

That's because the animations are capped at 60fps. The whole uncapped framerate just doesn't work like it's supposed to. This vid shows it pretty well.
Only way to consistently play it on a 144hz is to cap it at 60fps which for me is also not smooth at all.

EDIT: This digital foundry vid also explains it really well. It's Reach but the same applies for the H2:A since it's the same engine: https://youtu.be/c5kCLcu8hdk?t=1258

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
That's because the animations are capped at 60fps. The whole uncapped framerate just doesn't work like it's supposed to. This vid shows it pretty well.
Only way to consistently play it on a 144hz is to cap it at 60fps which for me is also not smooth at all.

EDIT: This digital foundry vid also explains it really well. It's Reach but the same applies for the H2:A since it's the same engine: https://youtu.be/c5kCLcu8hdk?t=1258
Well, that explains it, thank you.

bobeth

Oct 28, 2017
I've had a few instances of the enemies not triggering awake during my playthrough, I don't remember this ever happening in previous versions..

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of ridiculous that you take a reputation hit if you leave after half or more of your team has already left. What the hell is the point of continuing an objective based mode when it's 2v4?

Also jesus, some people are ridiculous with the BR.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's nice to see Anniversary multiplayer get some love. Didn't seem to really be appreciated on Xbox at release

Easily the best pvp 343i has made in a Halo game, IMO.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Being a big Halo fan i purchased the entire collection December 3rd, should have waited..too many bugs..

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Being a big Halo fan i purchased the entire collection December 3rd, should have waited..too many bugs..

The bugs are the only reason I haven't bought it yet. I really want to revisit these games but not subpar version of them.

Given how 343 just dropped the Xbox One version and left it broken for years, I'm not risking buying the PC version until they've sorted out the problems.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
I'll stick to Anniversay then, that H2 glitch is the sloppiest thing since Gears 2 where you could melee through walls.

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a problem I hope someone can help with. After installing Halo 2 PC I was unable to start the game. I would select Play and nothing would happen. I ended up uninstalling Halo so I could reinstall it, hoping that would fix the problem. When I uninstalled it the icon didn't disappear from the gamepass game menu, but it gives me an option to install, so I figured its probably uninstalled. Now when I click install it asks me to verify the install location, and I click Install and then nothing. It continues to show the Install button, but clicking it only takes me through the same thing with the install location and then nothing.

Any ideas? I can't play any Halo games right now.

edit: ok, I finally figured it out. I had to reset the windows store cache so I could completely uninstall Halo. It now lets me download the game

Last edited:

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
It's really dumb and a spoiler like all the pre-level loading splash screens.

I thought the new opening and outro actually made H2 feel more like a full narrative, as opposed to a lead-in to H3. The intro definitely sets the tone well for the parallel events between Chief and Arbiter.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Man Halo 2 Classic feels just as good as I remember. Played a couple matches of H2C Team Hardcore. Dropped a few 40 bombs. Felt absolutely amazing to play again especially on PC. Refuse to play H2A. Plays nothing like H2 Classic. In fact, it plays more like Reach which I hated in regards to its MP.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a reason why only MCC downloads slow as hell from MS? 10Mb/s, meanwhile Forza horizon 4 just finished updating at 400Mb/s...

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
It's a bit of a shame it took them so long to get H2A out on PC (and the whole MCC as a whole). I feel by the time the whole thing is out, multiplayer interest is going to be next to non-existent, especially with infinite around the corner.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit of a shame it took them so long to get H2A out on PC (and the whole MCC as a whole). I feel by the time the whole thing is out, multiplayer interest is going to be next to non-existent, especially with infinite around the corner.

Nah, Halo 33333333333333

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Just the general gun feel. It feels completely off compared to classic H2 and feels more like Reach, particularly sniping. That's just my opinion though and now I'll leave because I feel like I'm about to get a bunch of passive aggressive replies because I said that.
I'll go to bat for you a little bit. My first impression of H2 Anniversary was that it feels much closer to 3 and subsequent Bungie Halos than it does Halo 1. I'm not THAT intimately familiar with the series to say what it is, exactly, but the gameplay feels very modern in comparison to what playing Halo 1 felt like just a month ago.