• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Okay. I'm going to post my quick impressions.

I've messed around in link's awakening and ultimate alliance 3.
I initially set my switch to 1080p and flipped it back and forth, and had a hard time seeing much of a difference. It does make the colors pop, however.

Then I changed my switch to 720p and actually noticed a significant change in the aliasing of the image. It definitely works, but I'm still initially disappointed. The improvements are rather modest so far.

swsp

Oct 27, 2017
I got mine today. Tried it with Breath of the Wild and so far I'm content with the purchase.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
For those like me who havent gotten a shipping confirmation can you post your generic contribution ID level and general location?

5000, East Coast US.

Trying to understand shipping order

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Turned the processing on and off while I had a game at a still spot where I can see noticeable jagged edges. It certainly does help. It's not some miracle cure for aliasing but I do see some difference between on and off.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay. I'm going to post my quick impressions.

I've messed around in link's awakening and ultimate alliance 3.
I initially set my switch to 1080p and flipped it back and forth, and had a hard time seeing much of a difference. It does make the colors pop, however.

Then I changed my switch to 720p and actually noticed a significant change in the aliasing of the image. It definitely works, but I'm still initially disappointed. The improvements are rather modest so far.
Yeah it depends on the games, some are decent and some can be quite a lot, some that comes to mind from the video I've seen are Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Fire Emblem

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
Has anyone tried it with a PS4 OG/Pro in 1080p or less and upscale to 1440p? Been looking into this product and other upscalers so I don't have to get rid of my adaptive sync 1440p monitor.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
what game did you test it with?
I was using it with my Switch hooked up to my 1440p monitor. I tried it on the game I was currently playing, AI: The Somnium Files. Characters would have noticeable aliasing with no processing. Turning it on cleaned it up a little. There's still aliasing but it does seem a bit better. Not sure how much I should credit that to the upscaling or the AA.

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
OK so I just hooked mine up and played my N64 and Gamecube (both using HDMI adapters) and HOLY SHIT its a huge night and day difference! This thing is amazing, and its called the mCLASSIC for a reason: it really works best with older early 3d consoles. All the jaggies are completely gone and the image is sharp and smooth with excellent anti-aliasing. Ill never go back after this. Differences are way less noticeable on my xbox one but I guess it looks a little better.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
So 1st impressions are really good for me, to me this looks better than the HDMI Mcable. I tested it out on the original xbox, with Burnout 3, and Soulcalibur II. Both games showed good improvements, the resolution upscale is more convincing this time around. The picture isn't overly sharpened, and you dont see the halo artifacts like you did on the mcable. So Soulcalibur II is already a 720p game on xbox, and it looks pretty decent, but with the classic it looks native 1080p with minimal aliasing. I'm using an LG C9, and its giving me a 1080p picture, so I'm not sure why the 1440p mode isn't working, maybe that only works on monitors, I dont know.

Oct 25, 2017
OK so I just hooked mine up and played my N64 and Gamecube (both using HDMI adapters) and HOLY SHIT its a huge night and day difference! This thing is amazing, and its called the mCLASSIC for a reason: it really works best with older early 3d consoles. All the jaggies are completely gone and the image is sharp and smooth with excellent anti-aliasing. Ill never go back after this. Differences are way less noticeable on my xbox one but I guess it looks a little better.

How's Metroid Prime if you have it?

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So 1st impressions are really good for me, to me this looks better than the HDMI Mcable. I tested it out on the original xbox, with Burnout 3, and Soulcalibur II. Both games showed good improvements, the resolution upscale is more convincing this time around. The picture isn't overly sharpened, and you dont see the halo artifacts like you did on the mcable. So Soulcalibur II is already a 720p game on xbox, and it looks pretty decent, but with the classic it looks native 1080p with minimal aliasing. I'm using an LG C9, and its giving me a 1080p picture, so I'm not sure why the 1440p mode isn't working, maybe that only works on monitors, I dont know.
Same I am a fan of the mcable and have tested a couple of the other brands but the difference with this versus them even on the same games is noticable

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
I already had the Gaming Edition cable so im used to the improvements this makes.

But I finally got around to connecting this new mClassic. I'm just testing it out on my 4K monitor before swapping out the Gaming Edition cable on my TV/Receiver. Anywho it's fun to really easily compare original and processed image now with a button, instead of swapping cables like before.

Like the previous cable, the results vary based on game.

I only use this with the Switch set to 1080p (same way I used the gaming edition cable, too lazy to swap resolutions on a game by game basis) and the results are very similar to the previous cable at first glance. Though it's hard to do a direct comparison cause I'm testing it with a monitor right now and not on my TV.

But for you first timers with anything like this, you're in for a treat! It's a BIG difference in a game like Fire Emblem Three Houses. Man is that game super pixelated originally, but after processing it's way smoother and cleaned up. It's not 100% jaggy free mind you, but an instant noticeable improvement. Especially on character faces. I had never seen this game without processing cause I always used my Switch with their previous cable, but now that I'm able to easily see unedited image quality for this game...yikes! I'm so glad I had that cable, and now this mClassic.

On Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, it's a much smaller improvement. It's smoothed out a bit, but the end result isn't as drastic as it is with Fire Emblem.

T.I (uh oh)

Oct 29, 2017

What kind of HDMI adapter do you have for your Gamecube?

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the $150 gaming cable and returned it the next day. It doesn't make enough of a difference at all.

Waikipedia

Oct 26, 2017
ID 6900ish. Got a shipping notification... with an incorrect address. Seems like a lot of people having the same issue on Indiegogo's comments.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
As someone who runs their systems through a switcher through elgato will this still work? Since i play on my monitor i like to get sound through my PC but since switch has a headphone jack i guess i can run it without it. 20% off if very tempting and after seeing how fire emblem and DQXI S looks i need it. I don't want to wait for long shipping times to start DQ but i can hold off on FE.

OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I never received an email that it's on its way, yet I definitely have they money out of my account.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Live in France ,still no news about the shipment , my order is 2xxx.
On the indiegogo website , my contribution is locked.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
That AA. Looks good. I have one of the 1st gen cables I got for cheap. May pick one of these up.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never received an email that it's on its way, yet I definitely have they money out of my account.
Yeah Indiegogo charges you immediately as soon as you contribute to a campaign if I remember correctly

ID 6900ish. Got a shipping notification... with an incorrect address. Seems like a lot of people having the same issue on Indiegogo's comments.
Oof I saw some of these comments too, I thought they were just people fucking up their info
Should we be using a HDMI 2.0 cable with this?
Any HDMI cable that came with your consoles should be fine, it scales to 1440p 60hz, any cable since 1.3 that released in 2006 is capable of that.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Mine has arrived and I've been messing around with it. When using it in upscale mode my TV never says its in 1440p (samsung nu8000) just 1080p. I know my TV can do 1440p, is that normal?

Also that being siad there is a noticeable improvement to Switch games but my fucking god the difference with Wii and Gamecube games is stunning.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Just tried Burnout 3 on PS2 with it set to 480p, and the difference the classic makes it amazing. You get a clean smooth picture that doesn't look very off from native 1080p. I will test PS3 and Switch tomorrow, hopefully the results are just as good
Mine has arrived and I've been messing around with it. When using it in upscale mode my TV never says its in 1440p (samsung nu8000) just 1080p. I know my TV can do 1440p, is that normal?

Also that being siad there is a noticeable improvement to Switch games but my fucking god the difference with Wii and Gamecube games is stunning.
I can't get it to output 1440p either, I'm on a LGC9.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I hope this sells well enough they can do research and development into a post processing cable for 4k content. Even with their older cables a minor benefit could be noticed by reviewers but those cables simply weren't designed to handle that resolution.

If such a new cable could do the equivalent of 2X AA at 4k and 4X AA at 1440p while maintaining imperceptible input lag then we have a winner.

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
I hope Digital Foundary does an in-depth video on this, more people should know about it. Many dont know this exists, or think its a gimmick.