• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah they're beginning to ship the 24th, but I wonder if they're gonna ship to everyone that backed it directly or if it's going to come in waves
Their latest video is odd. They're telling you to take a game and set your console to lower than native resolution to get the best results. It sounds like setting your switch to 720p and leaving would be most ideal for mclassic.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Their latest video is odd. They're telling you to take a game and set your console to lower than native resolution to get the best results. It sounds like setting your switch to 720p and leaving would be most ideal for mclassic.
They've been saying that since forever, if the game is not 1080p you should leave it at 720p for the best result, and there's not a lot of games on switch that are native 1080p, on the top of my head there's what... Smash and MK8D? Other than that all of the others are between 720p to 900p. So yeah it seems leaving it at 720p is the better option, and if you want to play something like Smash you can just switch it up pretty fast in the settings

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They've been saying that since forever, if the game is not 1080p you should leave it at 720p for the best result, and there's not a lot of games on switch that are native 1080p, on the top of my head there's what... Smash and MK8D? Other than that all of the others are between 720p to 900p. So yeah it seems leaving it at 720p is the better option, and if you want to play something like Smash you can just switch it up pretty fast in the settings
It just seems odd. But I'll experiment with it.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
My order status finally changed to "awaiting fulfillment" so hopefully it ships out today.

Unfortunately I'm not really playing anything on Switch at the moment since I beat MUA3 and got kinda bored with Fire Emblem but I'll be ready for the next game I get at least :P

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they've begun shipping in the US, but I'm expecting having to wait a few weeks before they ship mine since I've backed recently. Can't wait to get it to be able to see the difference in person

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

New video on Astral Chain and with some explaining on what to do when the game you're playing is inbetween 1080p and 720p. It looks very nice and I'm a bit sad that I didn't get to play through it with the mClassic, ohwell.

Pretty excited though, mine should ship this friday or next monday!

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
All WiiU->Switch ports are 1080p native (BOTW excluded). Donkey Kong Country, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad, etc...

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I'm selling one of mine (I have 2 of the 2017 Gaming MCable versions), since I'm selling the OG Switch and will get a Lite.

I'm in Costa Rica but I'm traveling to NY this weekend in case any of you is interested in a discounted 2017 version with "almost new" status.

Edit: Im playing Astral Chain and the improvements when selecting 720p output are not that amazing (when compared to the results in Xenoblade Chronicles 2). I assume is because of the sheer post-processing and anti-aliasing solution in Astral Chain. Viewing on a C8 Oled.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

New video on Astral Chain and with some explaining on what to do when the game you're playing is inbetween 1080p and 720p. It looks very nice and I'm a bit sad that I didn't get to play through it with the mClassic, ohwell.

Pretty excited though, mine should ship this friday or next monday!

So is the intention here that the MClassic upscales to 1440p and then your display will take it to 4K (assuming you have a 4K display)?

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I did my best trying to see the difference between modes but honestly only Zelda SS looks much better than the original

I mean it's not different from FXAA plus a basic upscaler. It's not the worst thing in the world by any means but I really don't think it does enough for me to think it justifies a purchase. I think it works OK with Zelda because the textures are high-resolution enough that stuff rendered at a distance starts getting actually noisy at low resolution. N64 textures especially are just too simple to benefit much.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is the intention here that the MClassic upscales to 1440p and then your display will take it to 4K (assuming you have a 4K display)?
I'm not really sure, if your TV upscales yeah, but yeah the mClassic upscales to 1440p only if your screen supports the resolution, other than that I can't say

I did my best trying to see the difference between modes but honestly only Zelda SS looks much better than the original
Are you watching it on your phone? Because some of the examples in the video have a pretty drastic difference and obvious imo, especially Paper Mario, it looks waaaay smoother

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
What do you want to know exactly about that res exactly?
Ps4 doesn't output in native 1440p so when used with a 1440p gaming monitor it just sends a 1080p signal and the image looks a bit subpar and blurry. I've read that this dongle upscales that 1080p ps4 signal to 1440p so I was wondering about the results, if it looks somewhat sharp and somewhat comparable to how a native 1440p image should look.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Totally forgot these were getting shipped out. Mine arrived today.

Once I ordered it I stopped playing all switch games really looking forward to how FE and MUA3 will look.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Totally forgot these were getting shipped out. Mine arrived today.

Once I ordered it I stopped playing all switch games really looking forward to how FE and MUA3 will look.
If you can post some FE screen comparison that would be awesome, it's probably my most wanted game to play with the mClassic, with DQXI

When did everyone order?

I ordered August 21
I've ordered the double pack September 19th, and they said that they should ship mine this friday or monday at the latest, I hope that it's not false hopes

Oct 25, 2017
If you can post some FE screen comparison that would be awesome, it's probably my most wanted game to play with the mClassic, with DQXI

I've ordered the double pack September 19th, and they said that they should ship mine this friday or monday at the latest, I hope that it's not false hopes

What the fuck!? Wheres my order then

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck!? Wheres my order then
I think the single order and dual pack are different shipments, since at first they said their shipment fullfilment partner failed to fulfill the shipments for dual packs and only shipped the single orders. So since there's probably a lot less dual pack contributions then it's gonna get shipped sooner than some single ones? I'm not sure tbh and it needs to be seen if they really will ship mine by Monday

Oct 25, 2017
I think the single order and dual pack are different shipments, since at first they said their shipment fullfilment partner failed to fulfill the shipments for dual packs and only shipped the single orders. So since there's probably a lot less dual pack contributions then it's gonna get shipped sooner than some single ones? I'm not sure tbh and it needs to be seen if they really will ship mine by Monday

Less of a line. Makes sense. Still hoping I get mine this week but no email yet

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Got mine today for use primarily on my Switch, but on PS4 Pro too. Both displaying on a 1080p monitor, BenQ XL2411. Pretty solid improvement for FETH, decent improvement for Astral Chain too. Has some significant effects on the image beyond reducing aliasing though. Everything is noticeably darker, even the system menu. FETH is significantly darker and has somewhat richer colors for example. It's removing this kind of hazy brightness layer the game seems to have. I kind of like it, the game doesn't look as washed out. But some elements are definitely darker than they were meant to be. Game still runs like ass obviously. Major effect on BotW too. Which also seems to lose that kind of hazy brightness filter it had similar to FETH. Hollow Knight I think looks quite good, nothing dramatic, but you can it's noticeable enough. XBC2 is better I guess, resolution in that game is so shit it's no longer jaggy but still blurry as fuck all the same. Now it looks like it got healthy dose of vaseline over it.

It does have a negative affect on things like text though as well. You can definitely notice the smoothing effect on it. It's not major or anything, but it's certainly off looking.

Overall I'm pleased with the results, but closest thing I can compare the image quality wise is to those smoothing filters on emulators like Super Eagle or 2xSal type stuff. It's not as drastic by any means, but that's the kind of effect that pops into my head.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ps4 doesn't output in native 1440p so when used with a 1440p gaming monitor it just sends a 1080p signal and the image looks a bit subpar and blurry. I've read that this dongle upscales that 1080p ps4 signal to 1440p so I was wondering about the results, if it looks somewhat sharp and somewhat comparable to how a native 1440p image should look.
gotcha will try to check

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
UK orders are shipping out today, should have mine tomorrow. Looking forward to playing around with it this weekend. I've held off on a number of Switch games at this point because of it.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
UK orders are shipping out today, should have mine tomorrow. Looking forward to playing around with it this weekend. I've held off on a number of Switch games at this point because of it.
Yeah, got the email from Royal Mail too. Was confused at first because I didn't know what it was lol. Looking forward to trying it on my 1440p monitor.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This isnt the case. They're shipping simultaneously.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This isnt the case. They're shipping simultaneously.
470ca5180e.png

Make of that what you will

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Right. I'm not trying to argue.
I think while they must have had some kind of glitch, At least a few got out the door.
Yeah, I just hope I don't have to wait too long for mine, I really would've liked to get it for the release of DQXI, and there's not enough screens getting posted online to help manage my impatience haha