• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Kinda weird to have too simulation games on the same month, but I can't complain. The last year has been pretty great for PS+ in my eyes.

Oct 25, 2017
This is a poor month for sure, but the last several months have been pretty solid. Eg Uncharted 4, Dirt Rally 2.0, Shadow of the Colossus, Bioshock Collection, Uncharted Collection, Titanfall 2, Sonic Mania, What Remains of Edith Finch, Overcooked, The Witness, Soma, OnRush etc. And that's not including the discounts. I think you easily get your moneys worth.
Yeah, I've never regretted PS+ and I've been subscribed since PS3. It's a good value, especially when you catch 12-month deals for around $35-40

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
I payed for both PS Now and PS+, I should have the right to complain and receive different games. Heck I can't even add the games to my PS+ Library due to having them on PS Now. How is this fair to paying customers?
I sincerely doubt the terms & conditions you agreed to when you paid your subscription included "games may be eligible to change if not to the users' liking" but sure
That said not being able to add it to your catalog because you have them on PS Now is a legit problem

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Stop this terms and conditions bs... it sucks that they offer PS+ games that are on PSNow, people can complain. Otherwise lets gather a bunch of lawyers and let them read all T&C and decide what we can complain about

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Most German month ever :D

The funniest part of this meme is that the Farming Simulator devs (Giants) are based out of Switzerland.

Cities: Skylines (Colossal Order) headquartered in Finland.

Both franchises are popular not only in Germany, but all around the world.

Y'all need to update your scripts.

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
Stop this terms and conditions bs... it sucks that they offer PS+ games that are on PSNow, people can complain. Otherwise lets gather a bunch of lawyers and let them read all T&C and decide what we can complain about
Why should games be subjected to change just because they're featured on a totally different service? What about PS+ users that aren't PSNow subscribers?

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Why should games be subjected to change just because they're featured on a totally different service? What about PS+ users that aren't PSNow subscribers?

Change? We are just complaining that it isnt a good month for us, hopefully at someone at Sony will notice and try to avoid this situation.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
My god two pretty dense simulation games.... who ok'ed that? Might as well have been two fishing games...

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Kinda weird to have too simulation games on the same month, but I can't complain. The last year has been pretty great for PS+ in my eyes.

Makes sense when you consider what's going on globally this month, as well as Animal Crossing's success.

Simulation/slow paced games are by far the best games for isolation, both in terms of passing time and in terms of stress.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Really looking forward to trying the Farming Sim lol.

Cities Skylines i wanted to buy often but never did somehow

so yeah, a really good month in my book ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
Change? We are just complaining that it isnt a good month for us, hopefully at someone at Sony will notice and try to avoid this situation.
I really wanna know what goes on in the minds of PlayStation HQ when they knowingly overlap PS Plus games with PS Now games knowing that users won't be able to add them to their library. Like we pay more and get less that's not fair. It has happend more times than I can count.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
Cities Skylines is fantastic on PC. I don't think this would be the type of game I'd play on console. I'll poke in just to see how they managed the controls.

Farming Simulator sounds hilarious. I wonder if that plays well on the pad.

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
holy shit Cities Skylines is absolutely fantastic.

not sure how it plays on PS4 but I'll at least mess around a bit.

OzBoz

May 29, 2019
I stopped my PS+ account from auto-renewing. I'm disappointed this month, and I've been disappointed with most months being one major game (or not even major, this month) and one joke game (Farming Sim, this month).

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
It's up to consumers to use their voice to let companies know what they want, like that's a really important thing. Imagine if consumers never spoke up about anything.
Spoking up against the selection of—arguably—free games that are part of a subscription before having tried them? There are times where that kind of action makes them but certainly not in this case

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Spoking up against the selection of—arguably—free games that are part of a subscription before having tried them? There are times where that kind of action makes them but certainly not in this case
Why not? It only takes a moment of your time to send a tweet or an email. And it doesn't logically follow that just because something is free, that makes it preferable.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually looking forward to Cities Skylines, has been on my radar for some time now.
The downside is quite the same as the SIms a few months ago: There is so much DLC and expansions, you even have to buy DLC for snow etc, just like the Sims.
Is the base game a robust experience by itself? And how essential is the DLC content, is it good? What are recommended packs?

Last edited:

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
Why not? It only takes a moment of your time to send a tweet or an email. And it doesn't logically follow that just because something is free, that makes it preferable.
"Hello, just to say that I dislike this month's selection even thought I haven't actually tried any of the games in question to form a proper opinion. Thank you" what a brilliant contribution to the service indeed

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
"Hello, just to say that I dislike this month's selection even thought I haven't actually tried any of the games in question to form a proper opinion. Thank you" what a brilliant contribution to the service indeed
I mean, okay. Let's say you don't like soccer and they offer two soccer games. Because you haven't played them you can't have the opinion you don't like soccer games? lol I'm sorry but I can't imagine the mindset of being against consumers voicing an opinion, you're literally arguing against most people's best interests.

TuMekeNZ

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
I can understand the disappointment in some but I'm actually looking forward to these. Sure Darksouls and Dying Light would've been cool but its also nice to get to try something different.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Probably one of the worst months since I've been subscribed to +. And I say that as a German.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I can understand the disappointment in some but I'm actually looking forward to these. Sure Darksouls and Dying Light would've been cool but its also nice to get to try something different.

These two are worth several times more than those too so the value here is undebatable. Not liking the games themselves is another thing but that happens to somebody every month and shouldn't be an issue. Hell it happened to me for the past year or so and this is the first month that's been worth it in ages for me lol, I didn't spend that time screaming though because the games that didn't interest me were still good games that would interest a lot of people

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Those are two fantastic games though. Just doesn't really align with the general taste of ResetEra. =P

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah been waiting to pick up cities skyline since i cant run it on my laptop. those saying its a bad month are speaking for themselves