• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gadwin

Nov 1, 2017
Two games I would never buy but would love to try If I can find some time. A rare and great month for me.

Kadab

Oct 25, 2017
may2020psplus4qkos.gif

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
This is incredible. Best month for me in ages. Two perfect games for isolation to go along with Animal Crossing lol

Pyke Presco

Dec 3, 2017
I mean, I don't care about either of those games and am not excited about it at all. As is the case for probably many people on an enthusiast board like this, they arent really my cup of tea and I would ahve gladly taken Generic Shooter 15 or Fantasy RPG 8 over these titles.

That being said, my girlfriend will be super pumped; she's been crushing Farming Simulator 17 on GamePass for months, and I assume this has some expanded gameplay systems for her to mess around with compared to that version. I would not be surprised at all if Farming Simulator 17 has the most playtime on my xbox out of any gamepass game, since most of the stuff I play like Halo or Gears I just run through the campaign once and it's over in like 10 hours. She has also wanted to try out Cities Skylines because she loved sim city and this seemed like a modernish take on it.

Edit: Just told her about it, and apparently there is horse riding in FS 19, whereas 17 only had breeding of cows, pigs, sheep and chickens. So she gets a new animal to breed and can ride them so shes excited. Success Sony!

Last edited:

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
This is great, it really highlights how there's no way to win with PS+ free games.
Good games: Nearly everyone already has them apparently
Bad games: They're bad games
Niche games: They're niche because there's not a lot of interest
Hidden indie gems: Works great until people learn to stop buying any good looking indie game.

About the only way it does work is when the platform isn't dominating the market, so like on PS3 Sony could just give away all the best games and no one was really affected because the devs were making most of their money on Xbox. It still worked well in the beginning of the PS4 era, giving Sony a chance to highlight games that deserved more attention.

It actually looks like Sony's trying to cobble together an approximation of Animal Crossing, lol. Oh well, works for me, I've been curious about both of these games for years. If only they could've thrown in a good train simulator too. :)

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol this might be the worst month ever. i rather they give me a harvest moon game than farming simulator.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Sony really pulling no punches with PS Plus this month. /s

There's probably about 5 games on current gen hardware that I would find less enjoyable the Farming Simulator.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Wow.

I mean, Cities Skylines is great, I own it on Steam. But that is a bad month.

I can see one of these games as a backup game, but both in the same month? Ouch.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Like, I'm sure these are good games in their genres, but they're neich genres.

Playing a city building games with a controller sounds grim, but can work OK.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, hyped for Farming Sim, always wanted to try it out but not buy it. Cities on console is a mess tho apparently.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly these are both games I was curious to try and I don't own, probably the ideal month for me as if I want a game I get it on release.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
One of the best months in a long time, since I have neither of these and always wanted to try both of them.

Oct 28, 2017
Germany must be celebrating.

City Skylines is a good game though. I have the pretty crappy Switch version but it's still good enough that this stays another month I don't resubscribe.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to trying FarmSim. Cities is pretty barebones without the dlc, but still a nice freebie. Works way better on console than I expected, too.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
The worse month this year for both PS+ and GWG.

Anyway, how's Farming Simulator on console?

(btw Cities: Skylines is awesome, but I like these games on PC)

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Both great games, but absolutely awful value for money when you compare to gamepass or even psnow. May just ditch peplums and start a psnow sub instead.

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! Two games I've always wanted but never bought for some reason

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
Cities is great on PC, but I'm not going to touch either of these on console. The real surprise for me is that people actually thought the Dark Souls Remaster and Dying Light offering was legit.