• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's apples to oranges but I genuinely wonder if we'll see elections postponed here in the states

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Local elections will be POSTPONED until May next year, Downing Street says. Poor old Rory Stewart.

old election deets said:
Local elections in the United Kingdom are scheduled to be held on Thursday 7 May 2020 in about 118 English local councils, eight directly elected mayors in England and 40 police and crime commissioners in England and Wales.

Breaking just now. Seems contradictory in the face of the UK keeping all schools and offices open.

The Rory Stewart line is a reference to this
www.theguardian.com

#ComeKipWithMe: 2,000 Londoners take up Rory Stewart's offer

Independent candidate for mayor wants to hear about people’s concerns in the capital

Earthstrike

Oct 28, 2017
Nope, complete bullshit. And that shit sets a terrible precendent. If there exists standards by which elections could be delayed, you allow indefinite postponement of elections.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Elections in the States can't be postponed, so don't worry Americans

Oct 26, 2017
Is the rationale here that the voting papers - which are handled by many people - can effectively transmit the virus? I thought it doesn't survive on surfaces for an extended time. I mean if it did then paper money would be banned.
What's the justification for this?

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
We musn't cancel sporting events and large gatherings, that'll inconvenience people's lives too much. Local elections that mean we could risk losing seats and therefore power? Cancel that shit ASAP.