• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

EouqUZOWMAIDPqP

Looks incredible.

Last edited:

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
That looks awesome and that is a very important film.

Most Americans have no idea how Palestinians actually live or what is going on over there. Hopefully a lot of Americans can see this.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Looks great! Are any of the streaming services picking this up? Need to know how I can watch in the UK.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Great trailer, practically a film in and of itself.

Also interesting to see Abigail Disney in the production credits. I actually didn't realize she was involved with these sort of films. Turns out she has quite a career.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I think that might just be the best trailer I've seen all year for a film. I'll watch it as soon as I can.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
available online here in toronto through hot docs.

boxoffice.hotdocs.ca

Mayor

All mayors face challenges when it comes to making sure their cities and citizens feel taken care of. But for Musa Hadid, the Christian mayor of the Palestinian capital of Ramallah, it’s not just sidewalks and sewage—he’s running one of the most hotly contested areas in modern history. Balancing...

watching it now. it's really good so far. quite saddening/sobering in parts but a good look at the shit a mayor has to deal with. especially one in such a seemingly dire situation. completely worth it.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
this looks great and will finally bring to light the situation in Palestine for whoever views it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Some reviews from RT

Easily one of the best documentaries of the year, Mayor straddles political commentary, verite reportage, poetry and absurdism with considerable aplomb.
After more than an hour of modest documentary observation, the film suddenly becomes a thriller, with Osit, Hadid, and others holed up in the mayor's office as Israeli soldiers occupy the city center.
As Osit shows Hadid working to make Ramallah a place its people can take pride in, the mayor becomes an extraordinary documentary subject and we want to thank Osit for introducing us to Hadid and taking us inside his city.
[An] astutely potent and structurally dynamic doc.
Director David Osit embeds himself with a city mayor whose profile will hopefully rise monumentally after his documentary is released. Hadid is a wonderful subject, a humble, humorous, hard-working family man dedicated to his city and his people.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer sold me. This is an incredibly important story to tell. Hopefully it makes a big splash.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Isn't it tragic how Israel invokes the horrors of the Holocaust as a way to justify their own violence (Palestinian ethnic cleansing). I wish nations and people would only invoke the Holocaust in a "positive way", towards peace and reconciliation (in short, to prevent another holocaust from occurring) not as a means to justify further violence and genocide.
It degrades the legacy of the people murdered in the Holocaust because it transforms their tragic experiences into a cheap political justification for state violence.

Last edited:

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wont be available in South Africa is pretty sad but the trailer looked good

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Just finished up, and damn that was really fucking good. Definitely a must-watch. And quite frankly completely infuriating, for various reasons you can imagine.

Don't want to spoil anything. So all I'll say is that Mayor Hadid can play a mean keyboard.