• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the El Phantasmo NJPW debut

Match was great and so was he, but his finish is boring. He did this spinning move just before it that looked x1000 better and should really be his finish.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll always be grateful to Cameron for taking the flying arm bar from Asuka's debut like a champ.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Folks good news it's saturday and there's more wrestling, live via the internet

GCW PRESENTS "THE LAST ONES LEFT" LIVE FROM CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

D5vLJioWAAIz0C_.jpg

Last nights show was lots of carnage, people being dropped on their heads and hit hard with unprotected chairshots. Don't worry, it's fake

This show is mostly deathmatch, it's gonna be gross. But we'll have some laughs and feel things along the way

MAIN EVENT: NICK GAGE VS. MANCE WARNER (DEATHMATCH)
-this is gonna be a ridiculously bloody brawl between the two most charasmatic dudes in deathmatch (arguably the US indies as a whole). Could Mance be the one that kills Gage and takes the title from him right before TOS and Japan season? Maybe

JOEY JANELA VS. ORANGE CASSIDY
-this is gonna be a wacky comedy match that will probably turn into a real serious match towards the end. Seems like all of Janela's matches have been getting a lot of time, if they go the distance it could end up being pretty special. I'm just expecting a goofy ~15 min match though

ALEX COLON VS. JIMMY LLOYD (DEATHMATCH)
-this is gonna be brutal. not much else to say. don't be surprised to see scissors again. the different boy wants to die.

MARKO STUNT VS. TONY DEPPEN
-hey this should be great. two in-ring shit heads that will probably have a dope sprint with dives

ORIN VEIDT VS. ERIC RYAN (DEATHMATCH)
-Orin made himself at the last Chicago show in an incredibly bloody match with G-Raver. I'm not too high on Eric Ryan, he just looks like a metalcore drummer and he uses a fork chain that's kinda dumb but this match should be ignorant as hell. ultraviolence

MARKUS CRANE VS. JOHN WAYNE MURDOCH (DEATHMATCH)
-Markus Crane is pretty terrible but he will do pretty much anything. this is going to be ugly, awful violence

JAKE ATLAS VS. SHANE MERCER
-ok so you don't dig deathmatches, fine. this match is gonna fuckin rule. Shane Mercer is Mike Awesome with all of the cheat codes on. Jake Atlas fuckin rules. yeah baby yeahhhh

ALSO ON THE CARD:
Kyle The Beast
Isaias Velazquez
All Ego Ethan Page
AJ Gray
+ more

Those names are likely just the guys in the scramble, and there will probably be one more deathmatch on the card (Shlak vs. Reed Bentley seems likely, and that would be a swell car crash)

Join us (or don't I get it)

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it, I'll watch the GCW shows when I'm caught up with NJPW and I'll watch all them this time. You death match weirdos got me, I hope you're happy

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Folks good news it's saturday and there's more wrestling, live via the internet

GCW PRESENTS "THE LAST ONES LEFT" LIVE FROM CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

D5vLJioWAAIz0C_.jpg

Last nights show was lots of carnage, people being dropped on their heads and hit hard with unprotected chairshots. Don't worry, it's fake

This show is mostly deathmatch, it's gonna be gross. But we'll have some laughs and feel things along the way

MAIN EVENT: NICK GAGE VS. MANCE WARNER (DEATHMATCH)
-this is gonna be a ridiculously bloody brawl between the two most charasmatic dudes in deathmatch (arguably the US indies as a whole). Could Mance be the one that kills Gage and takes the title from him right before TOS and Japan season? Maybe

JOEY JANELA VS. ORANGE CASSIDY
-this is gonna be a wacky comedy match that will probably turn into a real serious match towards the end. Seems like all of Janela's matches have been getting a lot of time, if they go the distance it could end up being pretty special. I'm just expecting a goofy ~15 min match though

ALEX COLON VS. JIMMY LLOYD (DEATHMATCH)
-this is gonna be brutal. not much else to say. don't be surprised to see scissors again. the different boy wants to die.

MARKO STUNT VS. TONY DEPPEN
-hey this should be great. two in-ring shit heads that will probably have a dope sprint with dives

ORIN VEIDT VS. ERIC RYAN (DEATHMATCH)
-Orin made himself at the last Chicago show in an incredibly bloody match with G-Raver. I'm not too high on Eric Ryan, he just looks like a metalcore drummer and he uses a fork chain that's kinda dumb but this match should be ignorant as hell. ultraviolence

MARKUS CRANE VS. JOHN WAYNE MURDOCH (DEATHMATCH)
-Markus Crane is pretty terrible but he will do pretty much anything. this is going to be ugly, awful violence

JAKE ATLAS VS. SHANE MERCER
-ok so you don't dig deathmatches, fine. this match is gonna fuckin rule. Shane Mercer is Mike Awesome with all of the cheat codes on. Jake Atlas fuckin rules. yeah baby yeahhhh

ALSO ON THE CARD:
Kyle The Beast
Isaias Velazquez
All Ego Ethan Page
AJ Gray
+ more

Those names are likely just the guys in the scramble, and there will probably be one more deathmatch on the card (Shlak vs. Reed Bentley seems likely, and that would be a swell car crash)

Join us (or don't I get it)
As long as it doesn't get derailed by BS Homicide/Corino like last night shit it should be great. Thank god they're not on this card.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Who is drawing more

NJPW in Dallas or AAA in MSG

Place your bets

AAA is in an interesting position. They are doing the show on the day of the biggest holiday of Mexico, independence day (September 16). In the USA both 5 de mayo and Mexican Independence day are huge nights for boxing. You usually get a big match featuring a Mexican boxer in Las Vegas. AAA is trying to draw that type of crowd. Who knows if they will manage a sell out without AEW, but it will be interesting to see if that date could also become huge for lucha, not just boxing.

Honestly, Orin vs Raver is in my MotYC list.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
GCW doesn't do promos anymore apparently so watch this and pretend it's for tonight, same shit

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Ali vs Andrade and Bayley, Ember, Carmella vs Charlotte, Mandy, Sonya annoounced for Smackdown

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Best FMV intro for a wrestling video game:

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I should probably go to this event, they are also doing Hijo del Vikingo and Laredo Kid vs LAX.

Also, Avsipa Dorada is impressing in CMLL womens division. If only CMLL would care about the division and give it a real chance:

Finally, was Gresham injured on last night GCW event or is he dropping his The Crash date to do another event with GCW?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Okada vs Jericho is going to be hype as fuck. Wow.

Outside of that absolute dream match, lots of rematches scheduled for Dominion, which is par for the course if you look at the last couple of years. Thing is, New Japan does a great job making you want to see rematches so it doesn't feel stale.

That said, I think two things are hurting the heavyweight roster depth atm. First, Kenny is gone and obviously you can't just fill that void overnight. Second, the fucking BOSJ seems to be in the way of Ospreay and Shingo making their real debut in the heavyweight division. Those two in BOSJ at this point just feels weird. Throw those two in the main event mix and I think that really freshens things up and softens Kenny's absence.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I think the issue with Shingo is if you have him move to heavyweight then the junior tag team division falls apart.

oh no whatever will we do

(they should abolish the junior tag team division too. the heavyweight tag division isn't doing too hot either. it's fucking tag team wrestling, there should not be weight classes.)

Oct 25, 2017
A worthy sacrifice friend.

Actually now that I think about it, they might put Ishimori with El P for a bit. Which could fill that void.

oh no whatever will we do

(they should abolish the junior tag team division too. the heavyweight tag division isn't doing too hot either. it's fucking tag team wrestling, there should not be weight classes.)

The junior tag team are doing better then the heavyweight tag teams to be honest. And I agree, but if they still insist on keeping the fucking trios belts, I can't see them scraping the junior tag belts. Like at least there's some kind of division there.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just finished Dragón Lee vs Tajiri Ishimori. Amazing match. Kushida getting signed to the WWE was such a blessing for the Jr. division. For the first time in many years, the IWGP Jr. division feels like it could have a huge resurgence. With a base of Dragón Lee, Tajiri Ishimori and Hiromu Takahashi (when he returns), we could have some amazing, death defying, high speed matches. Add wrestlers like Bandido (save him for RoH), bring Titan more often, push Eagles and El Phantasmo, the IWGP Jr. Division might become one of the top divisions.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Dragón Lee vs Tajiri Ishimori. Amazing match. Kushida getting signed to the WWE was such a blessing for the Jr. division. For the first time in many years, the IWGP Jr. division feels like it could have a huge resurgence. With a base of Dragón Lee, Tajiri Ishimori and Hiromu Takahashi (when he returns), we could have some amazing, death defying, high speed matches. Add wrestlers like Bandido (save him for RoH), bring Titan more often, push Eagles and El Phantasmo, the IWGP Jr. Division might become one of the top divisions.
BOSJ is in a weird spot with the more obvious "strong" contenders but i do hope it's a nice showing of what's to come

If it sucks I think that'll probably be what pushes me to finally cancel my sub

Oct 25, 2017
So I need to get at least a 24 on one of my finals, and at least a 0 on another and I graduate college, so that's pretty cool I guess

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Meltzer says Roddy vs. Riddle is likely for Takeover

That should be amazing

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
"Mike Awesome with all the cheat codes on" is perfect

I don't even have time to finish last night's show today, gonna have a lot of catching up tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.