• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 20, 2018
The Clash at the Castle prices seem... insane. There's a whole bunch of options including hotels, superstar meet and greets, a fan event and tickets, and the most expensive is £4500 per person, for front row seats, a hotel, meet and greet and the fan event, but even the cheapest which includes a ticket for pitch level seats and the fan event is £700. Unless the fan event is about 75% of that ticket price, I don't think I'll be going.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
So basically, Sasha (and Naomi) were told they had nothing for them at WM... the person who just main evented night 1 the year before and one of the most popular stars they have in Sasha was told nar you're not in the plans for anything important - here form a random tag team with a random person a few weeks before the event and we'll give you the loltagtitles if that shuts you up.

So Sasha and Naomi say well if we're given this shit let's try and make it work and be a good tag team!

*they become pretty popular with the fans*

Then WWE come to them and say ok we're gonna use you guys in singles stories, you aren't gonna win anything we just need people.

They say what about the tag belts? Can't we feud with newly formed Edinburgh Combat Club instead? Something that makes sense?

WWE tell them LOLWOMENSTAGBELTS. Good joke, no those are just props shut up and go help enhance the other people's singles feud.

They get angry about it then WWE instead of just trying to keep it quiet decides to rush out and lie shout about how unprofessional they are in an attempt throw them under the bus as far as the fans know hoping to get the drones to shit on them.

WTF is this company. >_>

Imagine if it was the talent that had done that instead.

"Edinburgh Combat Club" 😆 love that team name for Nikki & Doudrop. On a side note Fuck Vince and Johnny Ace.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
it's surprising that performers don't do this shit more often considering their creative process is fucking terrible and all over the place. i know you put up with a lot if the paycheck is good but at a certain point it's professional pride at stake and that still matters. i can definitely see their point of view if they've been haphazardly jerked around for months. and they aren't the only ones too!

simply sounds like a depressingly awful place to work.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
You just watch. Sasha & Naomi will be on Smackdown with the titles fighting Shayna/Natalya, and it will be as if Monday Night RAW never happened...

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
All this sasha and naomi talk, and no one mentioned that Lacey did a promo. I didnt understand her rambling, but heard people saying that it sounded like a turning point usa promo, and that somehow would be a face promo in red states and heel in blue ones?

Also, heard liv did some posing with AJ and Finn, love the Bul Liv Club name someone came it

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
You just watch. Sasha & Naomi will be on Smackdown with the titles fighting Shayna/Natalya, and it will be as if Monday Night RAW never happened...

And we will see people saying they're traitors and giving them shit for working in a company they hate, or something like that.

Anyway, I rather wait until we can know Sasha and Naomi's version of the story before anything else. This story stinks to many things.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
And we will see people saying they're traitors and giving them shit for working in a company they hate, or something like that.

Anyway, I rather wait until we can know Sasha and Naomi's version of the story before anything else. This story stinks to many things.
Exactly. Based on what you hear about WWE, I am more inclined to believe anything that Sasha and Naomi have to say on the matter compared to WWE immediately spitting out their side of the story.

At this point, Sasha doesn't need WWE. WWE needs Sasha. Naomi is a big name as well, and she could easily line up with another company.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Bank's commitment to trying to make the women's tag belts mean something multiple times, in the face of WWE's not giving a shit, has her jumping up my faves.

I get more passion from her "unprofessional" walk outs, than 99% of the product.
She's nearly done all she can in WWE's womens division, she could coast, she could go do a star wars, she could just roll over and let the bad booking run wild, she could just go anywhere else.
Which makes this all the more impressive to me.

Waiting on the next Booker T take
"Let me tell ya about the booking, sometimes you know, it doesn't add up, but you do your job, it's about making money. Even when I was being booked as legitimate criminal and racially abused, I was grateful to just have the job, you know what I'm saying? Sasha should be grateful for being spotlighted with the titles, you didn't see Harlem Heat flying out of WCW with the belts like the flyin' wallindas just because you might have a bad week..."

I'm honestly shocked Naomi went with her. I thought Bayley was Sasha's only ride or die friend in that place after FTR left.
I wish Bayley was there to walk as well.

Naomi going with her makes them feel more like a legit tag team than any of the WWE booking has, the solidarity in the face of meaningless booking.

Shit, from what I read, the 24/7 title has more consistent booking and storytelling, no matter how arse it is.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly shocked Naomi went with her. I thought Bayley was Sasha's only ride or die friend in that place after FTR left.

I mean Naomi is probably in the same level of frustration along with Sasha. She always wants to have TV time and do something instead of sitting in the back because when she is featured, the crowd reacts great for her every time. It's been like this for years where WWE pushes her slightly only to cut her off almost instantenously.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Dave Meltzer's video was the most nothing speculation yet. This forum shouldn't be the place with more concrete info on Sasha's situation yet here we are. I was silently begging them to talk about the tag team situation.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Dave Meltzer's video was the most nothing speculation yet. This forum shouldn't be the place with more concrete info on Sasha's situation yet here we are. I was silently begging them to talk about the tag team situation.
Listening to these talk shows are so frustrating because it feels like they did no research at all

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I mean Naomi is probably in the same level of frustration along with Sasha. She always wants to have TV time and do something instead of sitting in the back because when she is featured, the crowd reacts great for her every time. It's been like this for years where WWE pushes her slightly only to cut her off almost instantenously.

When she had the belt with the LED lights on it was about as over as any woman has ever been in WWE and then... nothing.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I know NJPW has had a rough year but why is night 2 of BOSJ just 3 tag matches with all of A block as the pre-show.

Like, these dudes are all going to be fighting each other for 2 weeks straight as-is. Night 1 at least had some star power in the pre-show.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I know NJPW has had a rough year but why is night 2 of BOSJ just 3 tag matches with all of A block as the pre-show.

Like, these dudes are all going to be fighting each other for 2 weeks straight as-is. Night 1 at least had some star power in the pre-show.

Night 1 was the same but with B Block as the multi-man pre-show matches. Pretty much everyone who took part across both nights were largely the same.

EDIT: Just checked both cards, and the only difference participant wise was that Shingo wasn't there for night 2. The only others were Akira (who was ringside for TJP) and the young lion Yuto Nakashima.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Night 1 was the same but with B Block as the multi-man pre-show matches. Pretty much everyone who took part across both nights were largely the same.

Gotcha - I thought I saw Shingo in a match. I mean, I just fast forward till the actual block matches anyway.
Bushi as ever looks amazing.

Oh nevermind, its Fantasmo with dumb light-up gear.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to these talk shows are so frustrating because it feels like they did no research at all

But I thought Dave Meltzer is a grade A journalist who went to school and knows the fine art of the profession.

I'll leave this here:

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I fucking love Dave, and I love that he is an idiot and I love that Alvarez has to put up with him.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Dave Meltzer has always been a hack and I still can't believe there are people who take his word as gospel.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
We knew more facts about the Sasha/Naomi situation in the immediate aftermath of Raw than Dave in that clip.

We control the rating system now.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot stand Bischoff's podcast, but his rant on Meltzer reporting that Mabel was the third man is legendary.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Dave_Meltzer_mullet.jpg

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
No one should take people like Meltzer, Alvarez, SRS, or Wade Keller at face value. All their sources have agenda's and they let themselves get worked all the time. If you approach their "reporting" from that perspective, it can be fun to listen to. No one should take anything they say as gospel when it comes to backstage rumors.

Now, I realize that a lot of wrestling fans do not do this, which is when it can become a problem.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

This is a return to normal for New Japan tournaments. The opening tags on block nights usually feature the opposite block participants going up against future opponents, plus occasional appearances by young lions, the old guard, Tiger Mask, and stablemates where it makes sense. IIRC a couple years back Naito was there nearly every night for... I think it was BUSHI and Shingo, when Hiromu was out? But yeah like you unless I'm watching live, I skip the tags.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Dave is lame but I thought his take on the Naomi/Sasha stuff was really tame and careful. Like uncharacteristically careful lol

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Meltzer is a good stress test for media literacy in wrestling, because while he absolutely has his flaws, is a bit of an idiot and has some awful takes, he is also, inarguably , an accomplished journalist and historian, and both these things can be true. Be skeptical of the dude, but there's a reason known liars and carnies have consistently ran right-wing style "fake news" campaigns against him.

Last edited:

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I'd love Sasha to leave that crappy company, but I feel like we've been through this before and then everything eventually just ended up back to hugs and smiles like there was never a problem.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I can't figure out what point Cardona was trying to make outside of making himself look like a geek.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Cardona's tweet seemed more self deprecating to me tbh, not sure how it elicited such a strong reaction lol