• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Official Staff Communication
The timeline of events as laid out by the OP and reaffirmed by other members, as well as a determination by another member in the thread that the OP's BAC was too low to break the legal threshold in America, means we do not believe the OP posed a serious threat to other drivers on the road. Furthermore, the OP has agreed that his decisions were reckless. Ultimately, we do not condone driving under the influence; anyone who wants to criticize and/or educate the OP for driving home after having consumed edibles is free to do so. Continued hostility towards the OP will be moderated as such.

It's good to know that OP didn't pose a serious threat to other drivers despite having ingested edibles.

Also it's cool y'all invented a breathalyzer that works over the internet.

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
Nepenthe, even if it was talked about with other mods, fall on your sword now . You know how this is going to turn out.

I'm sure you would agree that was a dumb idea to post that.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
So, whose making the thread about moderation goofing this time? Cuz this ain't a good look staff.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mods all you had to say was "cool it with the overly aggressive attacks" not come up with this BS about how you were able to magically determine they were safe to drive despite being so zonked on edibles and alcohol they thought they were roofied

Definitely this. The insults are unnecessary but OPs actions shouldn't be defended either.

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
The first time you underestimate edibles will be your last. Never think you know better than your current level of intoxication, always err on the side of caution, especially if you feel like you are safe and good to operate a vehicle. You cannot trust your own judgment.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
The timeline of events as laid out by the OP and reaffirmed by other members, as well as a determination by another member in the thread that the OP's BAC was too low to break the legal threshold in America, means we do not believe the OP posed a serious threat to other drivers on the road. Furthermore, the OP has agreed that his decisions were reckless. Ultimately, we do not condone driving under the influence; anyone who wants to criticize and/or educate the OP for driving home after having consumed edibles is free to do so. Continued hostility towards the OP will be moderated as such.
You, and likely every other moderator of this video game forum, are not medical providers.

Posting this is incredibly embarrassing to all staff involved. How could you think this is an intelligent and appropriate thing to post.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would OP have been banned if he was determined guilty in the staff court of law? Is that the point of that part of the staff post?

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
My wife has PTSD from the incident, any time we have to hit the brakes I can hear her gasp and her breathing shorten. Needless to say, the lives of anyone who drives under the influence aren't worth a shit to me anymore.

I'm all for mods working to decrease the level of hostility as long as it's applied across the board. The amount of posters I've seen slide for telling others to fuck off or other pithy shit is galling and really points to which way the wind blows.

Hell, not even GAF condoned that level of hostility until it started circling the toilet drain.

Yup. That's been my biggest gripe. Getting called names cause someone disagrees but only seeing the rule against it selectively enforced
I agree. I don't agree with the OP's decisions at all, but I think with the way things turned out and his own admittance of fault that the level of hostility that begun to brew is unwarranted. But we wanted to make a distinction between those level of attacks and the ability for members to criticize what was obvious stupidity.

We're trying our best here.

Fair points all around.

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tbh I'm more interested in what sort of weed was in those brownies because I've smoked and ingested a lot of weed but no strand has ever made me forget taking it.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is some fucking garbage. Mod team continues to be trash.

Waikipedia

Oct 26, 2017

"They're gonna stop attacking OP if I make a dumb ass post!" Taphead.gif

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
You can call out OPs behaviour without the entirety of your post being "fuck you OP you piece of shit"

He could have killed someone. You can understand how this is a touchy subject given people have lost friends and family to similar decision making.

There is also a difference between saying 'cool it's and 'weve determined he was ok to drive based on his own drug influenced judgement.'

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
People can say insults are unnecessary but of course people feel strongly about things that frequently get people killed.

Let me emphasize that.

The life of people, driving on a road, are suddenly ended due to no fault of their own because someone was not in the state of mind to be there, and THEY lose their life for it.

Of FUCKING COURSE people get personal on a topic like that.

And the MODS ON RESETERA DOT COM somehow know if he was okay to drive and that hostility is unwarranted?

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He could have killed someone. You can understand how this is a touchy subject given people have lost friends and family to similar decision making.

There is also a difference between saying 'cool it's and 'weve determined he was ok to drive based on his own drug influenced judgement.'

I can understand why people would be upset but if calling OP a piece of shit and adding nothing else to the thread is the only way you can voice your disapproval then you should just abstain from posting in the thread.

And I agree with the second part of your post. I'm not defending the mod post.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
What is hilarious is that they could have simply said that op fucked up but we are not going to allow people to just go straight to the fuck yous. Fair enough. But to condone what the OP did and justify it is so moronic I don't even know what to think.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Very bad staff post. Should be unstickied and amended tbh. One, you cannot judge someone's BAC over the internet. Two, OP said they drove half an hour after taking the second edible. They were clearly fucked up from the OP they made. This is extremely irresponsible on OP's part and while it doesn't warrant some of the hostility, they could have killed someone and driving under the influence of drugs is also illegal. The line that staff walks might be right, but this is nowhere near it.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Calling the guy a piece of shit? Yeah, I suppose I could understand the argument that that's too harsh. But one guy just said "single digit IQ" and I'm shocked that that is the level of hostility worth banning over.

Not even gonna touch the "we've determined he was good to drive" nonsense.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
*makes cryptic roofie thread and disappears all night*

"just had 2 drinks and edibles"

"we have determined his bac and he was not a danger on the road"

*op admitts this morning he is only 3/4 recovered*

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Half hour in: Meh, this is nothing.
Hour in: Just a little buzz. Was expecting something more.
Hour and a half to two hours in: HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT.

Never underestimate edibles. Weed in itself isn't particularly dangerous but people strolling into eddie world without prior education on their potency can be a safety risk.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Driving high isn't cool and this is coming from a huge pothead. Don't do it again, OP. You put yourself and others on the road at risk when you do that.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
To anyone who drives under the influence, make a post before you get in the car and then you can use that as proof of your sobriety.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, apologizes for the oversight. We've added this as an addendum to the previous staff post.
Addendum: It has been pointed out that driving while under the influence of weed can still lead to a DUI and is still dangerous. This is a fair point and we apologize for the oversight -- this wasn't okay. The OP has acknowledged wrongdoing so please keep the discussion constructive to help him and others avoid this mistake.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
What a joke of a mod response.

They were so high they didn't even know what was going on but you have determined they were good to drive?

Cool cool cool

*was writing the post before the addendum was added. still a dumb response in the first place

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I get what Nepenthe was trying to do. The mods are trying to make a point to no only stomp out more hostility, but also to communicate more in general. I think he was trying to come up with a detailed message he could post so that it felt as though the bannings were fully communicated in their justification.

That being said, there's definitely such thing as too much communication. I agree that it should have just been a post to say stop the overt hostility, ect. And leave it at that.

The mods are obviously trying to lead new paths, which I think is a good thing. It's a learning experience though and there may be slip ups. While I understand people's frustration and just general weirded-out feelings about the staff post, just keep that stuff in mind.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Wait, so an official stance of "you aren't impaired enough not to drive if you have consumed drugs just as long as you aren't drunk" is being pushed?

That certainly is something.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Mods all you had to say was "cool it with the overly aggressive attacks" not come up with this BS about how you were able to magically determine they were safe to drive despite being so zonked on edibles and alcohol they thought they were roofied

100%. The weird BAC evaluation was completely unnecessary. You can ban the people being needlessly hostile without making some mental leaps to try and defend the OP, who had already acknowledged that what they did was horrible.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why for the love of God are the mods obsessed with whether or not you'd get a DUI?

IT WAS DANGEROUS FUCKING DRIVING.

DO NOT DRINK AND FUCKING DRIVE

DO NOT TAKE DRUGS AND FUCKING DRIVE

DON'T BE DICKS

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I think I get what Nepenthe was trying to do. The mods are trying to make a point to stomp out more hostility, but also to communicate more in general. I think he was trying to come up with a detailed message he could post so that it felt as though the bannings were fully communicated in their justification.

That being said, there's definitely such thing as too much communication. I agree that it should have just been a post to say stop the overt hostility, ect. And leave it at that.

The mods are obviously trying to lead new paths, which I think is a good thing. It's a learning experience though and there may be slip ups. While I understand people's frustration and just general weirded-out feelings about the staff post, just keep that stuff in mind.
It's a touchy subject so just say "cool it with the insults" and give warnings to the offending posts and don't make a stupid post.

It's real fucking simple.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, apologizes for the oversight. We've added this as an addendum to the previous staff post.
Addendum: It has been pointed out that driving while under the influence of weed can still lead to a DUI and is still dangerous. This is a fair point and we apologize for the oversight -- this wasn't okay. The OP has acknowledged wrongdoing so please keep the discussion constructive to help him and others avoid this mistake.
I appreciate that you are at least acknowledging this so even though I think y'all still downplaying driving while on etoh and weed too much i'll drop it here

Anyways this is why it's so important to drink or use drugs RESPONSIBLY, that means knowing beforehand if you will be needing to call that uber or hitch a ride with a friend, not deciding after you're already 2 drinks and a brownie in that you got roofied and need to drive home by yourself.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
It's also worth pointing out that, as far as I understand the laws of my state, even having a BAC under the legal limit does not prevent you from getting a DUI. It doesn't matter if you blow a .07 instead of a .08, what matters is if your ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired. Just plugging in the OP's number of drinks into a calculator is useless, even disregarding the edibles.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
the worst thing about edibles is people treating them like candy without knowing how long it takes to kick in and what kind of high they may have

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

Thanks for clarifying this.

Pragmatist

May 30, 2019
Yeah, a weird and completely incorrect statement. I hope whoever gave articulation to that statement isn't a criminal court judge.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate that you are at least acknowledging this so even though I think y'all still downplaying driving while on etoh and weed too much i'll drop it here

Anyways this is why it's so important to drink or use drugs RESPONSIBLY, that means knowing beforehand if you will be needing to call that uber or hitch a ride with a friend, not deciding after you're already 2 drinks and a brownie in that you got roofied and need to drive home by yourself.
Yeah, apologies again, it wasn't our intention to do that. Driving after eating edibles is definitely something that people should *not* do.

Status
Not open for further replies.