• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
I want to clarify where I stand here. If you take an edible, you should not be driving under any circumstances. My contention was only with the amount of alcohol consumed in a vacuum absent any other drug.

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
It isn't measured by BAC?
Yeah. I calculated the BAC that two Mike's would result in, two hours after consumption.

The US law is definitely too lax but it seems like the Sweden law is a bit too strict if 2 hours after drinking two Mike's hards for a normal weight person is enough to get a DUI.
I mean, the legal limit in the U.S. puts drivers at a 2.5 times higher risk of being involved serious traffic accidents compared to driving sober. So I'd say it's definitely too lax. The Swedish limit kicks in before any increase in traffic risk. Which I'm personally more comfortable with.

Oct 29, 2017
People getting banned for "hostility" when the person to whom they're being "hostile" drove home under the influence. Don't wanna hurt his feelings, I guess.

Ghostmate

Dec 11, 2017
People getting banned for "hostility" when the person to whom they're being "hostile" drove home under the influence. Don't wanna hurt his feelings, I guess.

I also don't understand this. Calling someone out (if a bit harshly) over something as provenly dangerous as driving under the influence of some type of substance and you're really gonna catch a ban. Ok.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That person made a joke about getting roofied and raped. They deserved it.
No, people got banned for these posts:

OP could've murdered someone, what the fuck.
Don't fucking drive after drinking AND consuming fucking edibles you piece of shit.
Fuck you for driving high, OP. You're a piece of shit.
Muppet.

Freaking out from edibles then driving home.

Fuckwit.
- takes drugs
- drives home
- thinks they've been drugged

single digit IQ here, folks.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Doing drugs with strangers without prior experience is nuts to me.

I have to agree with this one. Doubly so for trying something new for the first time.

Also, don't do drugs and drive. This is basic stuff and you should know better by now. People die all the time because folks under the influence think "It could never happen to me."

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017

tumblr_pvhcvtxmfo1urkgnk85.png

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
I went to the moon on a combination of edibles and vapeibles last night. Got scared that someone removed my dinner from my stomach, so I ate more and marathoned some Bob's Burgers.

Was I roofied also?

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
Hope you get your driver's license suspended. People die because of people like you who thinks they're fine to drive.

netprints

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't drink and drive. Don't do drugs and drive. Be smart, there are plenty of ways to get from point a to point b without risking lives. Op use them next time.

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like the drugs let you sober up faster, because being sober 2 hours after the last drink is definetly very fast. Good Job OP.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I don't understand this either.
Are we gonna be supporting people doing reckless stuff? Wtf Era? The implications are really bad here...

You'll notice that the thread is filled with people calling out OP for their decisions and behaviour but most are unbanned. There's a clear difference between "OP that was a dumb decision, don't do it again" and "fuck you OP you piece of shit". Especially after OP has already acknowledged that what they did was wrong. It's completely unnecessary.

Like, what does insulting OP like that actually achieve?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
What a roller coaster of a thread....don't ever do drugs and drive ever again. You could easily kill yourself or a lot of other people.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Err on the side of caution when trying any new drug the first time. And strong or not, don't get behind the wheel after taking them.
And don't assume that it takes 1-2 hours to kick in like some have in this thread. Depends on the person, the strength, the style of edible etc.

I've had ones that took 90 minutes and I've had ones that take 10-15min.

Responding To The OP

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
The timeline of events as laid out by the OP and reaffirmed by other members, as well as a determination by another member in the thread that the OP's BAC was too low to break the legal threshold in America, means we do not believe the OP posed a serious threat to other drivers on the road. Furthermore, the OP has agreed that his decisions were reckless. Ultimately, we do not condone driving under the influence; anyone who wants to criticize and/or educate the OP for driving home after having consumed edibles is free to do so. Continued hostility towards the OP will be moderated as such.

Addendum: It has been pointed out that driving while under the influence of weed can still lead to a DUI and is still dangerous. This is a fair point and we apologize for the oversight -- this wasn't okay. The OP has acknowledged wrongdoing so please keep the discussion constructive to help him and others avoid this mistake.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I've been roofied. Let me navigate to resetera a create a post and type "self explanatory", instead of texting 911 "HELP". But wait, it's edibles, I ate it and I'm just high as fuck. Disregard me lolz, don't send cops pls.

Hope you're better now, OP. ♥

Last edited:

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Make him think about the consequences of his actions, perhaps? Placid, half-assed criticisms only do so much to inspire genuine change.

But again, OP already knows that what he did was wrong.

And what are you saying, that insulting someone is the only way for your criticism to get through? That's nonsense. There's absolutely no need to pop into a thread and just drop a "you're a piece of shit OP" post.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
And don't assume that it takes 1-2 hours to kick in like some have in this thread. Depends on the person, the strength, the style of edible etc.

I've had ones that took 90 minutes and I've had ones that take 10-15min.

Word. Hence folks should be prepared to take an Uber if they're going to indulge in that stuff. Especially for the first time.

The timeline of events as laid out by the OP and reaffirmed by other members, as well as a determination by another member in the thread that the OP's BAC was too low to break the legal threshold in America, means we do not believe the OP posed a serious threat to other drivers on the road. Furthermore, the OP has agreed that his decisions were reckless. Ultimately, we do not condone driving under the influence; anyone who wants to criticize and/or educate the OP for driving home after having consumed edibles is free to do so. Continued hostility towards the OP will be moderated as such.

Driving while high/during a drug session does pose a serious threat to other drivers on the road. OP got lucky.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
But again, OP already knows that what he did was wrong.

And what are you saying, that insulting someone is the only way for your criticism to get through? That's nonsense. There's absolutely no need to pop into a thread and just drop a "you're a piece of shit OP" post.

Not the only way for criticism to hit home, no. I believe that the level of vitriol should be appropriate to the level of the offense. Consuming edibles and driving home, to me, should earn a good slap in the face by reality. "Don't do that again, OP," doesn't really cut it for me. My wife and I got sideswiped a couple of Thanksgivings by a fucking drunk, so I really, truly hope his friends and family were more critical than making frowny faces and suggesting he not drive drunk again.

I ain't calling OP a piece of shit, but I don't blame others who do.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

this is bizarre to me to say the least.

You say that you don't believe the OP posed a serious threat to other road users yet the first post of the thread doesn't portray a logical and fully functioning mindset sober enough to be behind the wheel of a few tonnes of metal!

They were clearly freaking out and not thinking straight, that's a huge threat to other people on the road

Oct 29, 2017
this is bizarre to me to say the least.

You say that you don't believe the OP posed a serious threat to other road users yet the first post of the thread doesn't portray a logical and fully functioning mindset sober enough to be behind the wheel of a few tonnes of metal!

They were clearly freaking out and not thinking straight, that's a huge threat to other people on the road

It's one of the more troubling staff posts I have seen on this website.

Deleted member 41178

Banned
Mar 18, 2018

Come on, you can't honestly believe driving after eating edibles doesn't constitute being a risk on the road a pretty serious one at that.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Not the only way for criticism to hit home, no. I believe that the level of vitriol should be appropriate to the level of the offense. Consuming edibles and driving home, to me, should earn a good slap in the face by reality. "Don't do that again, OP," doesn't really cut it for me. My wife and I got sideswiped a couple of Thanksgivings by a fucking drunk, so I really, truly hope his friends and family were more critical than making frowny faces and suggesting he not drive drunk again.

I ain't calling OP a piece of shit, but I don't blame others who do.

Sidebar: Problem is that mentality turns the forum into a cesspool cause everyone feels justified in insulting other posters over every perceived slight. And trust me I know what you mean about drunk drivers. My mom never did heal right after being slammed by one and she still has painful days. It sucks.

That being said the mod team's renewed focus on toning down the hostility on this forum Is a good thing. It was ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.