• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
TheGreatDirector
Oct 26, 2017
OP could've murdered someone, what the fuck.
Don't fucking drive after drinking AND consuming fucking edibles you piece of shit.
I don't drink and drive. I hadn't drunk in 2 hours by the time I drove. I obviously won't drive on an edible again. That was reckless and stupid, I agree.

I didn't assume it would take an hour for it to kick in. And again, I didn't even eat half of one.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so I got home and have been recovering, not sure now what exactly happened.

Went to a party, had two Mike's and two pieces of an edible brownie which I hadn't had before. Had less than other people. Waited a half hour from the second piece and felt good enough to drive home. Like an hour later I feel immensely weird.and for a good hour I'm just out of it. Low inhibitions, time moving slowly, etc.

Luckily I fell asleep, but whatever high it was has been in my system and I've been trying to flush it out since.

I'm like 3/4 back to normal but yeah, shit's been embarrassing and weird.
it was most likely the edible

16bits

Apr 26, 2019

Went to a party, had two Mike's and two pieces of an edible brownie which I hadn't had before. Had less than other people. Waited a half hour from the second piece and felt good enough to drive home. Like an hour later I feel immensely weird.and for a good hour I'm just out of it. Low inhibitions, time moving slowly, etc.

Luckily I fell asleep, but whatever high it was has been in my system and I've been trying to flush it out since.

felt good enough to drive home?

ffs

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
You can rationalize it all you want, it is still a dumbass move.
I wouldn't endorse it and never have and agree with you, I'm just saying driving a short distance right after an edible is a huge difference than driving drunk or driving after smoking.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It completely depends on OPs body regarding how long edibles take to kick in. I've known people who never smoked with bloodshot eyes within 30 minutes. Be glad you didn't run into anybody OP.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Went to a party, had two Mike's and two pieces of an edible brownie which I hadn't had before(the time between my last drink and driving home was 2 hours)Had less than other people. Waited a half hour from the second piece and felt good enough to drive home. Like an hour later I feel immensely weird.and for a good hour I'm just out of it. Low inhibitions, time moving slowly, etc.

You drank, took an edible and then drove. Great stuff man, you got knocked on your ass and didn't have the faculties (read: decency or common sense) to order an Uber. Glad you weren't roofied but Jesus fucking Christ, you could have gotten yourself or someone else killed. Be better.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Went to a party, had two Mike's and two pieces of an edible brownie which I hadn't had before(the time between my last drink and driving home was 2 hours)Had less than other people. Waited a half hour from the second piece and felt good enough to drive home. Like an hour later I feel immensely weird.and for a good hour I'm just out of it. Low inhibitions, time moving slowly, etc.

So uh..you've been high as fuck on edibles, most likely. Especially if you never had them before. They take quite some time to kick in, especially if you already had something to eat before that. Also varies on your weight and other things.

Don't ever drive again when taking edibles. That's just irresponsible as fuck.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't drink and drive. I hadn't drunk in 2 hours by the time I drove. I obviously won't drive on an edible again. That was reckless and stupid, I agree.

I didn't assume it would take an hour for it to kick in. And again, I didn't even eat half of one.
Let me get this straight. Depending on what you drink, 2 hours isn't even close to enough time to be able to drive again. What kind of fucked up logic is this. "Oh yeah I drank 4 shots but it was 2 hours ago so now I'm fine". Like..what.
It also doesn't matter how much of an edible you eat when you don't even know how much is in each brownie.

Nov 2, 2017
Edibles are a whole different game than smoking for sure. I learned that first hand myself. Glad to hear you're okay though.

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL

When you eat marijuana, it takes longer to affect you than it would if you smoked it and often can make you very tired. Thank you for updating this, as I was quite worried for you when you started this thread last night.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I'm misunderstanding, OP was sober when they drove home and wasn't aware of how long it would take for an edible to have an effect.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edibles sometimes take 2 hours to kick in, if it was a short drive home it's probably safe because you can quickly tell when the high hits and pull over.

Still yes, driving home after doing edibles for the first time ever is moronic.
No it's not safe.

You pointed it out yourself - You pull over after the high hits. That means you were driving under the influence.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Had some drinks, took an edible after having drinks and what sounds like the first time and drove home. Yea real good decisions there...

Nothing wrong with drinking or weed or edibles, but the timeline of events wasn't the best idea. At least you are ok and didn't hurt anyone driving home.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
No it's not safe.

You pointed it out yourself - You pull over after the high hits. That means you were driving under the influence.
You're right I messed up my wording.

Again like I don't condone it and I've never done it, I was just trying to defend OP but nah they fucked up lol

Palookah

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Hostility towards another member
Muppet.

Freaking out from edibles then driving home.

Fuckwit.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
My buddy got roofied at a club when I was in college and my drunk buddies and I thought he was dying (he passed out). Called an ambulance and he was fine the next day.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Unless I'm misunderstanding, OP was sober when they drove home and wasn't aware of how long it would take for an edible to have an effect.
"I haven't been drinking for 2 hours when I drove home" isn't being sober. It's bullshit. Is there some magical universe where you're sober after not drinking for 2 hours? Takes at least 4 to be actually sober again.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Muppet.

Freaking out from edibles then driving home.

Fuckwit.
well if the timeline is correct, he first drove home and THEN, later freaked out from edibles when they finally kicked in.
and that's when the thread began.

I think we all assumed he was at a bar at the time of thread.

Jun 6, 2019
well if the timeline is correct, he first drove home and THEN, later freaked out from edibles when they finally kicked in.
and that's when the thread began.

I think we all assumed he was at a bar at the time of thread.

the timeline is this:

ingested drinks, ingested edible, started driving

absolutely irresponsible. OP is trash.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017

You were fucked up enough to think you were roofied but fine to drive?

Sure Jan.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
"I haven't been drinking for 2 hours when I drove home" isn't being sober. It's bullshit. Is there some magical universe where you're sober after not drinking for 2 hours? Takes at least 4 to be actually sober again.
If OP had 2 Mike's, 2 hours before driving, and they're at least 130 lbs, they'd be under the legal limit and safe to drive. Negligible alcohol content.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I hope the lesson you take away from this is to never, ever drive under the influence again. It doesn't matter how sober you *think* you are if you ingested a mind altering substance minutes before. You're lucky you didn't hurt anyone.

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
Of Mike's Hard Lemonade. That's nothing. Far be it from me to minimize the danger involved, but in the moment I don't believe the OP knew it was a bad idea.
After two hours the two Mike's alone (not counting the edibles) would make this person guilty of drunk driving in Sweden.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
You ate two edibles, waited half an hour, and then drove home...good god.

And you think you have some sort of medical emergency and you post here, what is wrong with you?

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two drinks, especially something like Mike's isn't even enough to get someone buzzed, let alone alone make them blow over the legal limit.

Still shouldn't consume edibles and drive though.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Hostility towards another member
- takes drugs
- drives home
- thinks they've been drugged

single digit IQ here, folks.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Always amazed when people just eat an edible sight unseen, not knowing how strong it could be. Especially if they aren't at home.

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
If OP had 2 Mike's, 2 hours before driving, and they're at least 130 lbs, they'd be under the legal limit and safe to drive. Negligible alcohol content.
This is an interesting point, though.

The legal limit in the U.S. is four times higher than in Sweden. So either U.S. legislation is to lax, or Swedish legislation is too strict. Scientifically speaking, they can't both be right. We can statistically determine at which point driving becomes unsafe due to blood alcohol.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This is an interesting point, though.

The legal limit in the U.S. is four times higher than in Sweden. So either U.S. legislation is to lax, or Swedish legislation is too strict. Scientifically speaking, they can't both be right. We can statistically determine at which point driving becomes unsafe due to blood alcohol.
The US law is definitely too lax but it seems like the Sweden law is a bit too strict if 2 hours after drinking two Mike's hards for a normal weight person is enough to get a DUI.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly your friends could've done a better job guiding you through an edible trip if it was your first time. Download Uber / DoorDash for food. If I'm gonna be getting high anywhere else but home I plan on staying planted at their house for the good amount of the day until I probably crash on the couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.