• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing the mental gymnastics some users engage in.

Sorry I have a life and sometimes I don't have time for ResetERA, point stands dude is a racist.

Face the facts, man. You said something ignorant, you were called out on it, it hurt your feelings, so you doubled down because you don't like when people call you out on your shit.

Max isn't an angel, even if I think that he is probably a good dude all-around. I think there are some genuine gripes people can have with him. Racism, however, is not one of them. He used the N-word in the same way a baby muttering gibberish may say a something that sounds like a slur. His reaction to it was immediate. He was very obviously not intentionally saying it. If you think that is a reason to brand him as a racist then you are genuinely delusional or you quite simply struggle to understand the most basic form of nuance (a level of nuance that a six year old should be able to grasp).

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's from a plague of gripes(NSFW artist) comic where it makes fun of RE4's ending where he sums it up as Ashley is Dtf(amongst other things) and leon says "no way fag" basically not wanting sex. I get liking the derpy face but twitch emotes generally are used in the worst way.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It's from a plague of gripes(NSFW artist) comic where it makes fun of RE4's ending where he sums it up as Ashley is Dtf(amongst other things) and leon says "no way fag" basically not wanting sex. I get liking the derpy face but twitch emotes generally are used in the worst way.

Ah, never heard about this before. I've seen him supportive of SonicFox but guessing it's one of those cognitive dissonance things or whatever it's called.

Laconik

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
User Banned (2 Days): Disingenuous Arguments, Bumping a Thread to Troll
Look it's ok. Sometimes our "heroes" fail us.

I liked his views in fighting games but as society has shown, we can't abide racists and their apologists. There is a reason the N word is an instant ban here, rightfully so.

-Fin

Fred

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I liked his views in fighting games but as society has shown, we can't abide racists and their apologists. There is a reason the N word is an instant ban here, rightfully so.

-Fin

Fred
So the fact that it was an accident, he apologized, and has shown no indication to have said that word before or since from my understanding means nothing to you?

Just you fuck up once and your officially marked for life no continues?

Bit extreme if you ask me. Yeah the Leon thing is a bad look and yeah I can understand people stopping support for him if there uncomfortable with that.

But your obsession with this one particular moment is just weird.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

-Fin

Fred

Leon thing aside you seem to have some sort of weird grudge.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
So the fact that it was an accident, he apologized, and has shown no indication to have said that word before or since from my understanding means nothing to you?

Just you fuck up once and your officly marked for life no continues?

Bit extreme if you ask me. Yeah the Leon thing is a bad look and if he doesn't apologize for that then yeah I can understand people stopping support for him.

But your obsession with this one particular moment is just weird.

If there were more instances of it happening (which hasn't been seen or proven), I'd get the hate. But the one time, that's been apologized profusely, doesn't get a pass from some random guy on the internet. Guess that's his view and I'll respect it. I just don't agree with it.

Now about that Leon thing...any other context about it?

Edit: Is it the doodLeon emote we're talking about

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there were more instances of it happening (which hasn't been seen or proven), I'd get the hate. But the one time, that's been apologized profusely, doesn't get a pass from some random guy on the internet. Guess that's his view and I'll respect it. I just don't agree with it.

Now about that Leon thing...any other context about it?
There's a popular meme picture where Ashley basically asks if he wants to bang and Leon goes "no way f(offensive word for gay people here)

I don't do Twitch much but I'm guessing he's apparently using the goofy face Leon makes in the picture as a Twitch emote?

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017

-Fin

Fred

I don't think you can accidently type the n word on a forum chief. It's like someone else said, you're painting things black and white(ironic) and removing all nuance from the situation. Also it's very obvious you are trying so desperately to troll here.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't do Twitch much but I'm guessing he's apparently using the goofy face Leon makes in the picture as a Twitch emote?
Bingo.

I personally don't see this as being particularly damning or anything. He didn't say it and the emote doesn't have it. Is it unfortunate that the original picture has this language? Of course. But in my opinion there's difference between referencing a portion of something with offensive material (and leaving that material out) and making the offensive material in the first place.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
its an altered version of the plageofgripes leon face

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

It is sad that you can't just own up to saying something stupid... Honestly, I hope this is just you being prideful, otherwise you are genuinely unstable. You do you, man. I guess... Have fun with your witch hunts.

Just you fuck up once and your officially marked for life no continues?

I have a hard time calling stumbling on your words a fuck up. Once again, if people have a problem with some of what Max jokes about, I totally get it. Personally, I don't care for his content. However, the use of the N-word was a total non-issue that wasn't even close to intentional. It just isn't a real thing to criticize.

Last edited:

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Don't forget that people still love to make and use memes of Pepe despite it's alt right links and that the guy in the "Change my mind" meme is Steven Crowder, right winger with the kind of problematic views you'd expect from a right winger. Once Max starts going into "anime avatar wearing maga hat" territory memes then you can start worrying.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Official Staff Communication
This thread seems to have run its course and is no longer about the original topic of the thread. If a new development with Max And his career is made, feel free to make a thread on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.