• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Because if they are serious about making a sequel for the Scarlett, then I would rather they spent resources into making it the best game they can, rather than having to spend time retro fitting into a console that will not do it justice.
I believe he was referring to Killer Instinct on Switch, not the potential sequel.

MattXIII

Oct 28, 2017
Killer Instinct 2013 - A very special game. Like many, the only reason I bought an Xbox One
(Bought an OG Xbox One in the US and brought it back to my country where the console wasn't released yet - just to play KI!)

Love the game to bits and always make a point to share it with those interested in fighting games.
Even though I feel the quality started to dip in Season 3 I'm very much onboard for a new entry provided Microsoft Studios gives it a decent budget.

And yes, I will def buy the next Xbox as soon as there is a new KI

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I did buy the Definitive Version last night and played as Mira online. Was pretty fun. Managed win only one but got a bunch of really- really close matches.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The dojo in KI was fantastic. While I didn't stick with it, kept telling myself I'd come back when character specific dojos were added, that mode did a great job in finally making me understand some 2D fighter fundamentals. Game was very fun to watch because of that knowledge as well.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to Woolie reusing this tweet format for whatever a new KI would be called.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
4AE4KG9.gif

Damn Benny just mashing out combos!

Loved KI and I really need to play more of it. I'd love a sequel.

Toshirou

May 9, 2018
Seeing all the KI love makes me really happy, it really deserves it.
I only got into it when the Steam version came out, the low number of players and the fact that there's no ranked crossplay really soured that version.

I'm going to buy the MS store version tonight and play some more matches with that god tier soundtrack.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I will say it over and over again. KI is the best fighting game Ive ever played. Its such a special game for so many reason, and I miss the community, and devs who were just fantastic. I think a KI sequel makes perfect sense for Xbox Scarlett.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
So I did buy the Definitive Version last night and played as Mira online. Was pretty fun. Managed win only one but got a bunch of really- really close matches.
Is this the Win10 version?

It's a complete mess on my end right now. All characters still locked was one thing, but now I'm stuck on a "Syncing to Ultratech Servers - Checking downloadable content and syncing shadows" screen. The disheartening thing is that both these issues seem to have been happening for years now, based on what I'm finding online.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
KI was the best XBO launch game. And it received great support until they added the freemium feeling shadow wars aspect. I fucking hate consumables to offset CPU difficulty.

Bring back the normal single player stuff.

Multiplayer was fine. Music was amazing.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I went nuts when KI was announced, I loved the originals so much back when I was a kid. KI on Xbox is amazing and I poured hours into it. Haven't played it in a while but might jump back in. I would love a new KI at launch for Scarlett.

Happy to see the love the game is getting on here, well deserved.

GTSweet

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, GA
My favorite launch game for Xbox One and favorite fighting game of this gen. It deserves a sequel on the next gen and PC!

Well done Maximilian!

Ultra Combo!

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
Ill be on tonight to support this. I wasn't really int fighting games before KI (outside of a superficial level), but damn did KI get me interested and while other fighting games have been interesting nothing has quite scratched the itch in the same way KI did/does.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Anywhere to see the player count for this? Interested to see if Game Pass boosts it.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
I recently reinstalled KI thanks to the Definitive Edition entering Game Pass. What a wonderful game. Arguably, alongside DB FighterZ, my favorite fighting game of the generation. It still looks and plays great.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering that the next KI is probably gonna be Scarlett/XB1, I wouldn't be surprised if down-porting the game to the Switch would be a herculean task (though I suppose that depends on if the next KI game, if any, targets Scarlett hardware & downscales to XB1 or targets XB1 & upscales to Scarlett).
People are referring to the current KI being ported to Switch, not the potential next gen sequel on Scarlet/PC.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Get Winstead, Kiets, Heart and ol' Klobbs on board and you have my sword. I'd love to to see a sequel or an upgraded expansion on the next Xbox, but more so I feel like they need real support behind it from MS. Also, yeah as a Switch fan I'd love to see that happen too. Crossplay would be a must.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
I loved KI on XOne.
Loved it.
I felt it got a little too diluted by season 3 though with some of the Microsoft characters like the Arbiter and Raam though.

But my God, every fighting game should be be as easy to pick up as Killer Instinct and yet just as deep. The tutorial has yet to be topped and just the ease of comboing really made picking up any character easy. My one complainint about Street Fighter is that you can't just pick up a character due to not knowing what combos into what...

THAT SAID...
That said...

I don't want Microsoft doing another Killer Instinct if that means Street Fighter VI is going to be locked to Sony's platform.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
KI was the reason I bought an Xbox One on launch day, and since then the game evolved dramatically. Character roster, the visuals, the amazing soundtrack. This probably will end up being my most played game of this gen when it is all said and done. I get the feeling that MS is already working on a new one for next generation given how well it did, even on a limited budget compared to other fighting games. I'm crossing my fingers that it is a launch title with a lot more resources poured into it than last time. It absolutely deserves it.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely going to do my part and RT this as well as post my own tweets at Phil and the Xbox crew. KI is very special and should be held in the same regard as Gears and Halo for Xbox.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For all the people assuming MS has already been working on a sequel, I don't think Max would be doing this if they were. After all he says he still talks to people from Iron Galaxy.

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Really hope we get a sequel on Xbox Scarlett!! Loved KI ever since i walked into an arcade when i was a kid and was mesmerised by its graphics. Been playing all day on Xbox and probably will be into the night.

vixlar

Dec 5, 2017
I bought this game when it was published on Steam. What a nice surprise this game is! At first I found a little dumb that now you can do combos with any button, and combo breakers are only pressing two buttons... but actually those two changes made the game better!!!! The new counter breaker and the combo breaker to Shadow moves is something fantastic!!! The first characters are a little meh, but as they were adding more characters, they were getting more interesting. I thought it was another "do your longest combo to win" but actually it has a lot of strategy.

My only gripe is that it doesn't allow playstation controllers on PC. There was a trick, you changed the controller type on the steam big screen options, but after a patch, it doesn't allow it anymore, even with the trick. Or at least it doesn't work for me.

Deleted member 52823

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2019
A new Killer Instinct would be a good title for Scarlet especially if Sony still has a deal with Capcom for Street Fighter.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Platform Warring
Honestly there is no point of another Killer Instinct if MS will be a joke platform for fighting games next gen as well.

From the best version for evo during the X360 days with all fighting games on it to...

720p Tekken 7 on the most powerful console and many Japanese fighting games skipping it.

Might as well sell Killer Instinct to Sony.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly there is no point of another Killer Instinct if MS will be a joke platform for fighting games next gen as well.

From the best version for evo during the X360 days with all fighting games on it to...

720p Tekken 7 on the most powerful console and many Japanese fighting games skipping it.

lol

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
I said this before, but MS would be foolish not to have KI2 for next gen. I like the idea of Eddie Riggs being in the roster like someone mentioned.

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Reads like a parody.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Jesus...

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
KI soundtrack is undisputably the best of fighting fames this gen.

I havent played KI for about a year, but you have my Sword Max.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea

Gesundheit -_-

Another Killer Instinct should happen. This reasoning makes little sense.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Lawd have mercy..the thought of an all new Killer Instinct being built for Scarlett makes me giddy like a school girl. I can only imagine the visuals possible in KI4 with 10+ Teraflops of performance at the devs disposal. Phil don't let us down!!!!

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Going to be on tonight. Downloaded the game but was never able to put in the time to truly appreciate it (I'm a fighting games noob, I couldn't finish Street Fighter 4 in the easiest difficulty). Always followed the game though and loved watching it at EVO.
Really hoping IG are working on KI2 for next-gen.

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
How's Mira? She looks cool.

She sucks and is one of the hardest/ most punishing characters

lol that's super disingenuous. She's indeed a risk/reward character but she is very, very good. The "hard" part about her is managing her recoverable health.

Anyway, here's a walkthrough of the character I did when we were showing her off at PAX back in 2016. Should give you a very good idea of what the character is like.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
lol that's super disingenuous. She's indeed a risk/reward character but she is very, very good. The "hard" part about her is managing her recoverable health.

Anyway, here's a walkthrough of the character I did when we were showing her off at PAX back in 2016. Should give you a very good idea of what the character is like.

He was a joking. She's a vampire. She sucks.