• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

timrtabor123

Feb 11, 2019
I would definitely buy a Switch verison of Killer Instinct. Don't have an Xbox but I play the game a ton with my cousin who owns it.

Would even buy the SNES/ N64 version if I could.

Was Killer Instinct a success? I was always a bit confused seeing how they handled the game release a bit differently. Had a ton of seasons, figure it must have been.
SNES version is KI Reboot MXT. N64 version is in Rare Replay.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I used to be HUGE into fighters in the 90's and played everything in the arcades and home consoles. I'll admit, I never, ever liked Killer Instinct. Not my jam at all. But this topic has peaked my interest just because I'm feelin' the passion. I'll download it and give it a try again.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Can I use my ps3 arcade controller on the pc version of killer instinct?

You can if you pick it up on Steam, since Steam will support your stick. I don't think the Win Store version supports dinput. If you do pick it up on Win Store, you may want to look into grabbing something like GloSC so you can add it to Steam. Definitely try the free version before buying it.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
This is false. Mira is in fact nuts. You just have to be good with her mechanics.
I was making a joke about her being a vampire and her somewhat punishing play style.
Either way she can arguably be the hardest to learn character whose mechanics were designed for people familiar with the game.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a console for that game and it's the only title I had for it. No shit it was so good with no other games on the console it was enough for me to buy in at the price of hundreds of dollars.
One of the best visually and in sound and especially in how it plays. Nothing else is like it. Completely unique and so much a game that is based on reads. One of the hypest tourney titles ever due to this.

Aria, Eyedol, Thunder, Omen, Hisako....just so many fun moveset filled rosters. So many crazy movesets that sound OD but due to breakers and counter breakers and shadow stuff you can completely let that sorta thing rock because it's only potential damage if you cant get an ender before they make a read and break you.

God damn is this game amazing. If it gets a sequel...day 1 at any price. It's a promise.
Hi Era!

I'm not much for making new threads on here, but figured I'd do my best to try...

FearlessGlamorousBittern-size_restricted.gif

I'm starting an awareness campaign today to let the folks over at Microsoft Studios and Phil Spencer himself know how much we love Killer Instinct, and would like to see it return. From a Switch port of the Definitive Edition, to another KI on the next gen Xbox, us as fans are ready and willing to support. I'll be holding an event tomorrow on Twitch at 7pm PT on my livestream where I'd like to get the player count in-game and the audience numbers as high as possible in celebration of what I think to be one of the greatest fighting games ever.

Fri, July 26th 7pm PT
https://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood

source.gif

Thank you for any support this might bring and apologies if this comes across as a shameless plug or self promo. If anything, please ignore the video link and just hit up @XboxP3 on Twitter and let him know why you love KI so much, and would like to see it return.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He got it to like #4 trending on twitter. Easily the most influential guy in the FGC now. wow.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
#bringBackKI

I really don't know why they wouldn't. Having a diverse set of games that speak to different audiences and can become a part of your identity is what any console manufacturer is after. That's exactly what KI does for Xbox and Fighting games in the same way Halo does for FPS and Forza does for racing.

I'd love to see it with nextGen graphics, as that was a sore spot at launch in particular.

great video Maximilian

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Bring back? It just had a game released this gen. You can't say that for a lot of other franchises.

Yeah but that doesn't mean a follow up is a sure thing. It seems like it was successful but it was successful during a weird time for MS and before MS acquired a boatload of devs. Is the MS of now going to be willing to work with a company they don't own like Iron Galaxy to produce a new KI? Hard to say but if they're not then it seems unlikely that we'll get a new KI unless one of the dev teams MS acquired wants to branch out a bit.

Anyway, I love KI. I was so stoked for KI when it got announced and it did not disappoint. It's a big part of why I think the X1 had a far better launch lineup than the PS4.

Love your videos Max!

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Welp, been thinking about trying this and 9.99 for definitive edition. I just grabbed it.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
I was going through Xbox Game Pass on PC and noticed Killer Instinct was there.
Would've never even considered it a game I'd play but this thread and Max's video made me want to try it out, so the awareness campaign got me at least.

Shempts

Apr 29, 2018
I would lose my shit if they announced a sequel next E3. The reboot is just a complete package when all the seasons were done with its diverse roster, great soundtrack (I still listen to it frequently!), and the number of stages. There hasn't been another fighting game this gen that has gripped me as much as KI did.

Edit: I just remembered I did a high school stats project with my friend about who was better in KI. We had a great time playing matches for it lol

Last edited:

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Killer Instinct '13 is criminally underrated. It's a deceptively deep fighting game, and the teams did a remarkable job of reimagining the series aesthetic roots while updating it to a modern presentation. They did a fantastic job of retaining the essence of the original characters, and the new additions were brilliantly creative and generally on-point for the series style.

Would love to see it continue.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm with you Max. Having Killer Instinct available at launch was a huge reason why I picked up an Xbox One day one. It was the first game I downloaded and launched on my Day One edition and I still play it.

I still think it's one of the finest fighting games of this gen and that's no easy task. This generation has been good for fighting fans.

Oct 25, 2017
I would bet on KI2 actually being in development right now. KI was one of the few really succesful releases of MS this gen, cant see them not continuing it.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox One was my first system of choice going into this gen all because of KI. I loved this game because as a kid doing multi-hit combos was mind blowing to onlookers in the arcade

100% support them and this "awareness drive", the lack of characters at the start kind of sucked, but look how many unique/distinct characters there are now! Loved playing with the Double Helix devs at Evo the first year it was there. Will turn on Xbox/Twitch to KI before we go out to dinner lol

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
I will be out of town tomorrow night but all my best for you all and Max! If I would be home I would be pkaying KI with you all. Best fighting game this gen!!!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I only bought the xbox one for KI, and it was very well worth it. I must've played the thing for like 800 hours. Nowadays my x1's only use is for Netflix

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
KI (on Xbox One) is one of the best fighters of all time. I'm constantly telling anyone I know that enjoys fighters to give it a try. This is awesome.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Always up for more Killer Instinct. I bought an Xbox One just so I could play the newest one.

Let's hope we can keep the series alive.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
KI (on Xbox One) is one of the best fighters of all time. I'm constantly telling anyone I know that enjoys fighters to give it a try. This is awesome.

It's like... yeah... there was some issues with the game like the single player stuff and the classic skins ... but the fighting aspect is top tier and in my mind it's one of the best tourney fighters ever made... if not the best.

Most balanced game out there and that's with a super unique roster... that is super impressive on it's own.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I thought port begging is usually banned.. ?

Anyway, i'm very fond of KI and i would love to play a sequel for next gen

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
i took my first steps towards learning how to play a fighting game in KI's training mode... and then kind of fell off due to how hard it was to get my brain used to it. If a new one came out id play the fuck out of it since im gonna be on da box and pc this next gen

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Hi Era!

I'm not much for making new threads on here, but figured I'd do my best to try...

FearlessGlamorousBittern-size_restricted.gif

I'm starting an awareness campaign today to let the folks over at Microsoft Studios and Phil Spencer himself know how much we love Killer Instinct, and would like to see it return. From a Switch port of the Definitive Edition, to another KI on the next gen Xbox, us as fans are ready and willing to support. I'll be holding an event tomorrow on Twitch at 7pm PT on my livestream where I'd like to get the player count in-game and the audience numbers as high as possible in celebration of what I think to be one of the greatest fighting games ever.

Fri, July 26th 7pm PT
https://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood

source.gif

Thank you for any support this might bring and apologies if this comes across as a shameless plug or self promo. If anything, please ignore the video link and just hit up @XboxP3 on Twitter and let him know why you love KI so much, and would like to see it return.

Amazing game. Man if this went to Switch I would lose my shit (and money).

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a huge fighter fan but the KI reboot was definitely one of the strongest fighting games of the generation, so a sequel would be a no-brainer.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
if my laptop was able to run it i would for sure give it a shot

hoping everything goes well during the event, KI seems dope after all of the updates

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the definitive edition was supposed to have all the characters? Everyone is greyed out except Rash.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This is one of the few games that makes me wish I had a Xbox. Of course it would have a much wider audience if it weren't exclusive, but I appreciate that MS brought it back from the dead.