• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Also i'm all for more Guest Characters showing up. That aspect was handled really well in KI and seeing more like Joana Dark and such would be great. Give those abandoned X-Box characters some new life.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't play it on X1 but I loved the fact that they brought it back and as a launch title no less. I generally struggle with traditional fighters (command inputs, etc), but I admired the heart that went into the new KI. The characters had, well, character, and the environments were oozing with atmosphere. And the action itself is just super-exciting to watch.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure Phil and the people at the studios know people want a new KI.

It just depends on their roadmap , budgets, etc and whoever ultimately makes those calls.

I would certainly hope that they have had a plan for quite some time now. If an organized Twitter campaign now is what's going to kick them into start thinking about this, someone's been asleep at the wheel for a few years.

I will be disappointed if KI2 is not a next gen Xbox launch title (and announced next E3) with Xbox's focus on exclusives.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If there's a new KI in development, I hope they bring back Mick Gordon, his songs are fucking insane

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm pretty sure Phil and the people at the studios know people want a new KI.

It just depends on their roadmap , budgets, etc and whoever ultimately makes those calls.

I would certainly hope that they have had a plan for quite some time now. If an organized Twitter campaign now is what's going to kick them into start thinking about this, someone's been asleep at the wheel for a few years.

I will be disappointed if KI2 is not a next gen Xbox launch title (and announced next E3) with Xbox's focus on exclusives.

I think this Twitter campaign will be good to get people talking again. But I do think that KI2 is already in the pipeline.
While it's not that major, the twitter is still pretty active for a game people consider "dead" and MS is pretty quick to ditch on social media for things they aren't doing anything with.

Man I get why that rule is there but come on.

At least let him repost that post in here.

That was such a cool and wholesome thread. :/

I too am downloading KI for Win10 atm.

He's allowed to, he just hasn't done so yet (Can even get thread-marked).
Maximilian

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
I LITERALLY was just listening to the KI soundtrack during work.

God Tier soundtrack. Just port it all over for the sequel. Yes, I'll even take the Celldweller and Atlas Plug stuff from season 3.

Also, IG did a great job adding new characters to the KI legacy. Hope to see characters like Hisako and Kan-Ra return.

Oct 25, 2017
With the amount of new studios and ips they can bring a lot of new character.

Joule ( Recore ):
Joule_cosplay-960x540.png

Kait ( Gears ):
dju3vlbkv8311.jpg

Joanna Dark ( Perfect Dark ):
latest

Bleeding Edge Characters:
Bleeding-Edge.jpg

Senua ( Hellblade )
hellblade2-1000x600.jpg

Eddie Riggs ( Brutal Legends ):
latest

And the most important of all... Commander Jaxon:
crackdown-3-terry-crews.jpg

giphy.gif

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Joule ( Recore ):
Joule_cosplay-960x540.png

Kait ( Gears ):
dju3vlbkv8311.jpg

Joanna Dark ( Perfect Dark ):
latest

Bleeding Edge Characters:
Bleeding-Edge.jpg

Senua ( Hellblade )
hellblade2-1000x600.jpg

Eddie Riggs ( Brutal Legends ):
latest

And the most important of all... Commander Jaxon:
crackdown-3-terry-crews.jpg

giphy.gif
Woah at Eddie Riggs from Brutal Legend. Good call.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
A new Killer Instinct to kick-off the next gen would be excellent.

If they can get Mick Gordon back (nothing against Celldweller/Atlas Plug, it's difficult to live up to Gordon) that would just be the icing on top.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
With the next KI, I hope they lean less on horror tropes for new characters. That was certainly present in the OG games (Sabrewulf, Spinal, Eyedol), but I feel like they drew from a wider range of pop-culture archetypes.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Official Staff Communication
The threads are now merged, so all of the relevant info and conversation is in one place now!

Kalentan's thread actually came first so it works out.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
KI 2013 is my favorite story of this gen. I loved following the development of it and was happy to buy every ultimate season. I hope MS brings it back.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I could not give a single care about Killer instinct as an MS franchise, but its a cause Max is passionate about so i'll support it any way possible

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Killer Instinct is the game that got me into fighting games and showed that GAAS could work. One of my favourite games of this generation. It deserves a sequel for next gen.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Max your videos got me into KI and it remains one of my favorite games. Hell yeah #bringbackKI

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

There are a couple Bleeding Edge characters that could be really cool.
The weird zombie dude with the snake would fit.

Never thought about Eddie Riggs from Brutal Legend, but now that they have Double Fine, that feels like a natural fit with how metal KI is

However, if they're going to have a guest character named Eddie, then get the real Eddie from Iron Maiden as a guest that the character name references. Give him a themed stage and put one of their tracks as that stage's music. It would fit so well in KI, more so than any other fighter.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
No joke, the new KI is my favourite 2D fighter ever. I love it. Better than any Street Fighter, better than any King of Fighters, but than any other 1v1 2D fighter ever made in my opinion.

Top 5 fighting games ever I think.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the thread from Max himself got locked for self-promotion?
Seems like it got deleted too, google cache or wayback machine can't even see it. I wanted to at least see the original reactions and discussion that was had. Bummer.

Loved the original KI, never played too much of the PC version of KI it took up way too much space to keep around for 2 fighters that I didn't really like as a "see if I like it" try, and I already had SF5 to get into. A new KI is surely coming, and the next time I hope the download isn't so huge (though I should check the size of the Steam version to see if it's just a MS Store thing).

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Best fighter this gen. 100% down for a sequel on the new box and fingers crossed it gets a bigger budget. The franchise deserves a proper single player with decent writing instead of the cheese we got with this one.

With the next KI, I hope they lean less on horror tropes for new characters. That was certainly present in the OG games (Sabrewulf, Spinal, Eyedol), but I feel like they drew from a wider range of pop-culture archetypes.

It felt like that when iron galaxy took over. The tone of the game in general changed into something more goofy.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Another KI with that excellent netcode please, if you haven't had a chance to play KI yet you should the netcode is F N great, i can't remember if i have ever had a laggy match...

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Does the game have PC-Xboxx crossplay?

Win10 ver is fully compatible vs Xbox console users.

Steam version is crossplay too but not in ranked. And you can't do invites with Xbox/win10 peeps. But yeah, you'll have access to exhibition and lobbies. You can make a lobby and name it something specific and then search for that lobby to somewhat get around the no invite thing.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes! You have all my support Max, we need a new big budget KI!

It's probably safe to guess that one is in development tho

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
One of my favourite fighting games of all time, all the more surprising because I wasn't particularly into the series despite playing the games back when they came out.

I'm really hoping we get a e3 2020 announcement to go with the new console launch. Hopefully they manage to keep all the good aspects that made KI special while fixing a lot of the clunky issues that came from having dual-developers/short dev time/in-house engine.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ya the game was sooo good. It definitely needs to come back again with a bigger roster from the start. Best fighting game this gen for me easily. Amazing to watch too.