• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

I didn't play much of KI but it seemed pretty cool. I would check out another one if it came out. For sure need some more big budget western fighting games. Love NetherRealm but it really does feel like they're the only ones doing that. Though there is plenty of indies.

I'm down. I recently picked it up on PC, and the latest Killer Instinct is such a sturdy fighting game that more players need to check out.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Im totally down for it .... I just hope the art direction would be something closer to my sensibilities. Didnt love how the new one looked

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll post a comment here to give the thread a good ol' bump to 'make up' for anyone I may have unintentionally got under the skin of in the locked one. I'll also give Maximillion a sub for what little it affects lol and well I already have the game downloaded now from GP so I guess I'll be finally giving it a try too!

Edit:Wow beaten quite handily.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Never owned an Xbox or a gaming PC, so I never played KI, but I've always been interested, and it was pretty fun to watch. Release a definitive edition on Switch, and I'll give it a shot (with a free playable demo preferably).

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Max's thread. Downloading the Win10 version now so I can play tomorrow during the stream. Gotta keep the dream alive.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I agree. And the Definitive Edition is on Game Pass so go get it.

Also music

Avoid the Steam version

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Redownloading right now.

maxresdefault.jpg

Salty Hippo

Oct 25, 2017
I've thought about it a lot during E3 time. Microsoft should set up a brand new fighting game studio with select talent from both Double Helix and Iron Galaxy. What is David Verfaillie doing these days? For my money that guy was always the real mind behind the reboot. Get him, James Goddard and Keits together and give them a decent budget and good artists. They could eventually even give some kind of Xbox Smash game a shot.

I, like many others, have discovered Max's channel during E3 2013 as well. Specifically via this video:

Been a subber ever since. Keep up the amazing work.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Remember how absolutely mind blowing it was back when people realized that the OST was dynamic? KI is so great. Microsoft really need to cherish and foster their exclusives as much as they can.

Yeah I agree. And the Definitive Edition is on Game Pass so go get it.

Also music

Avoid the Steam version

OST is so fucking good

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I love Killer Instinct, I played a ton of it on the Xbox One and really liked that there was a lot of meat to the game if you were a achievement hunter.

I think it comes back regardless, but I hope that the SP offerings are a bit better and some of the Achievements are toned down.
Definitely keep the over 1000G and a bunch of little achievements to work towards. But maybe get rid of the more grindy ones. The achievement list was so spread out with long grind trophies that the majority of the achievements are listed as rare lol.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Im totally down for it .... I just hope the art direction would be something closer to my sensibilities. Didnt love how the new one looked
Same here. I will never forget seeing the original KI for the first time in arcades, it blew my mind and was basically the best looking game of all time at that point (at least for me, who had mainly only played on console)
New one had it's own style but wasn't crazy about the character designs.

I hope for KI2 on the next Xbox and I hope it launches complete this time. It was an interesting experiment to make a fighting game so dependant on GAAS but I feel like launching as a complete product is the best way to gain a following if any of the other best selling fighting games this gen are to go by

Oct 27, 2017
I'm down for this. KI is a great fighter, that soundtrack, those particle effects, I love it. Would wholeheartedly support a new one releasing, especially in the era of Game Pass.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Going through my achievement list, the big things I would change are

- 150 fight challenges per character
- 20 Ranked Wins per Character
- 200 matches per character
- Fight 6 other fighters per character

I think it would be better to either combine these so they're for all fighters or to replace them with more interesting tasks.
The ones that are similar to this on the lower spectrum I like though, since they give a reason to try out everyone.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The original KI series is my favorite fighting game series of all time. For some reason, I didn't really vibe with the XB1 revival, though...

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Brother Adam Isgreen we're getting Phantom Dust characters in KI2 right

We getting the boys Cuff Button and Sammah right