• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

spider

CLANG
On Break
Oct 23, 2017
Australia
Can we have an official "outing" of all the creeps in Hollywood one a specific date.

This slow release of accusations is good damn annoying. Every week someone new is coming out with shit that happened years ago. Stop waiting people! Get this shit out there, now!

It's not even surprising or shocking anymore.

Real people are coming into terms with real damages done to their lives do not come out in a coordinated timing that would suit you so that everything's in "one go".

Please try to have some empathy, here.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Into the trash he goes, I guess. He's normally super active on twitter and he hasn't tweeted anything in a day so something is going on for sure.
He's preparing a statement. Meanwhile, he's going to be an open book to us. The Off-Topic portion of his Twitter will be closing soon, and he'll probably report anyone discussing "politics."

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I've hated Max Landis for years but what is wrong with those 2 tweets?

I don't hate Landis. I'm not even sure if he's actual a rapist or serial abuser, so I'm not even sure if I should hate him now. The rabbit hole that I'm mentioning about is that these women are basically people he seems to have had into abusive relationships with. What I'm saying is, I was digging info (and yeah we should just not, this stuff is weird as fuck) and this girl that seems to hint that Landis ruined her life had once very flirty tweet exchanges. I'm not even sure we have an Weinstein situation here, basically a dude that has been part of abusive relationships, both with friends and people he dated/flirted with. I feel like something truly fucked up happened that triggered Anna, but right now that's all we have to go on with.

He's preparing a statement. Meanwhile, he's going to be an open book to us. The Off-Topic portion of his Twitter will be closing soon, and he'll probably report anyone discussing "politics."

XS5LK.gif

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What do these people even do when their whole career and social life goes down the shitter and they don't have millions to just disappear into obscurity.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate Landis. I'm not even sure if he's actual a rapist or serial abuser, so I'm not even sure if I should hate him now. The rabbit hole that I'm mentioning about is that basically these women are basically people he seems to have had into abusive relationships with. Basically, I was digging and this girl that seems to hint that Landis ruined her life had once very flirty tweet exchanges. I'm not even sure we have an Weinstein situation here, basically a dude that has been part of abusive relationships, both with friends and people he dated/flirted with. I feel like something truly fucked up happened that triggered Anna, but right now that's all we have to go on with.
I dunno, probably best to not go digging around and trying to connect dots when we don't know anything. Seems like this is probably true based on how many people are coming out but linking 5 year old tweets, where one is him telling others to give her follows, and the other is just a dumb picture where that person comments, is not really a weird rabbit hole. It's just two normal ass tweets.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I dunno, probably best to not go digging around and trying to connect dots when we don't know anything. Seems like this is probably true based on how many people are coming out but linking 5 year old tweets, where one is him telling others to give her follows, and the other is just a dumb picture where that person comments, is not really a weird rabbit hole. It's just two normal ass tweets.

Yes, you are right, like I've edited my post earlier. It's just that when you juxtapose that tweet with this:

It sort of paints a bigger picture. You are indeed correct, though.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

Anna Akana and her boyfriend at time and "Max Landis best friend" Greg interviewed him back in 2015. Whatever happened, seems recent and seems like it was nasty.

I was watching an interview with Anna before and she seems to deem her relationship with her ex-boyfriend also abusive. Get this: apparently dude wanted to break up but still date since both were still living together.

Men were a mistake indeed.

Last edited:

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was watching an interview with Anna before and she seems to deem her relationship with her ex-boyfriend also abusive. Get this: apparently dude wanted to break up but still date since both were still living together.

Men were a mistake indeed.

that's a rather strange thing to want and good luck trying to convince someone, but that doesn't sound abusive as such.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised. He comes across as more than a little psychopathic in a lot of his YouTube videos.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guy that many suspected to be an immense piece of shit turns out to be an immense piece of shit.

Like seriously, you must have some goddamn huge blinders on to not see this coming from a hundred miles away.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm sorry, but I'd rather not. She isn't directly involved in this and seems like a friend of his so it's better not go there. But I did... some digging. And all this thing is nuts. From last October:

November last year:

Something happened between then and now and it seems like it happened around the last semester or so. Anna is an actual accomplished actress and youtube personality with 1.9m subscribers, so it's not like she'd have anything to gain from this. And hell, she is talented as fuck. Her youtube content reminds me Landis content actually, but better, more polished and with her own sense of style, if it makes any sense.

This is all very interesting, a fallout definitely happened recently, a big event that sealed Max's fate. And no problem if you don't want to link to this person. Can you at least say the gist of what she said about it? Does she have insider knowledge of this whole affair? Maybe she has a reason to believe in Landis.

Socrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Blaming the victim/downplaying seriousness of allegation based on how reported.
If it is a serious complaint why not go to the police rather than "talking to multiple publications"?

Really don't like these online witch hunts.

Oct 25, 2017
Guy that many suspected to be an immense piece of shit turns out to be an immense piece of shit.

Like seriously, you must have some goddamn huge blinders on to not see this coming from a hundred miles away.

I mean, I've realized for a few years now that Max Landis was very clearly an asshole. I just didn't realize he was this big of an asshole.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

This definitely seems worst than the average "abusive relationship average guy" kind of deal.

Yep, seems like things will really going to come down hard on him. Only hope that the people he affected negatively will have their voices heard properly without having to have people asking them for ''receipts'' or other such nonsense.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what's going to happen to Deeper (which as far as I know is his only other project in the pipeline). That's his other big payday and I think it was going to start filming early next year. Bradley Cooper is attached and IIRC Gal Gadot was in talks to join. Landis not only wrote it but I believe was producing it too.

Remember that story about how Gadot didn't want Bret Ratner producing WW2?

KonradLaw

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What's next for him, to show up in an alt right talk show to give his defence?
He will get a monthly comicbook series that's part of Alt-Hero universe? ;)

Seriously though, for most people they would just enjoy life and live off the wealth they/their family has accumulated. But I think Landis will react extremely badly to not being able to be a screenwriter. Like total meltdown-badly.