• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Really makes you think. If all these people in Hollywood are sexual predators, then what about the average Joe? Scary to think about. We live in a world of deviants.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
From the few times I saw him on stuff with RedLetterMedia he gave me very strong asexual vibes. Don't know why though.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Guess it's being corroborated with news outlets at the moment? Would love to hear her story.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
This is the same guy who helped stoke the Rey is a Mary Sue complaint two years ago ?

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the least surprising one I've seen thus far.

Well, next to Russell Simmons.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Mentioning the Twilight Zone incident is tasteless.

Not with Max. Just do a search for "Max Landis Helicopter" on Twitter. It's a common thing people use to shut him up when he's doing stupid shit like his Carly Rae Jepsen manifesto or failing to understand the "Will they or won't they" concept that Star Lord was explaining in GotGv2.

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
1. I hope the victims are heard and believed 2. sucks to hear this dude's an alleged creep. 3. I guess my gaydar is faulty. 4. I guess I feel less bad about Dirk Gently getting cancelled now

2th

Oct 27, 2017
I've updated OP, but if you read the thread from that tweet you can see who it is in relation to.

I still see nothing that indicates it is about Landis. Can we seriously stop with the gossip and witch hunting and just post actual facts and direct posts? Is that too much to ask?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I'll wait for the full fact-checked story to come out before I judge, but I'm both shocked and not shocked.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Max Landis is so utterly douchey and weird.

I always figured that behind the scenes he gotta be either one of the biggest dickheads there is, or actually one of the most genuinely wonderful people.

Also, i had no idea he wrote "Bright".

Oct 27, 2017
I still see nothing that indicates it is about Landis. Can we seriously stop with the gossip and witch hunting and just post actual facts and direct posts? Is that too much to ask?
Someone in the replies asks if they need to "chronicle" his misdeeds and she says yup. Then yesterday, after allegations against Landis started being made on Twitter, she posted a follow-up tweet saying she had talked to publications. It's clearly about him.

edit: One of the other people accusing Landis also responded to her tweet saying "Believe you and support you"

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not with Max. Just do a search for "Max Landis Helicopter" on Twitter. It's a common thing people use to shut him up when he's doing stupid shit like his Carly Rae Jepsen manifesto or failing to understand the "Will they or won't they" concept that Star Lord was explaining in GotGv2.

Exploiting a tragedy for internet points instead of using actual arguments against him is stupid and scummy.

Friendly reminder that his dad got 3 people killed due to his negligence and suffered no punishment.

How is that relevant?

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

I always figured that behind the scenes he gotta be either one of the biggest dickheads there is, or actually one of the most genuinely wonderful people.

I was really excited for Bright. Until I found out he wrote it.

I'll watch it in the hopes the sequel gets a better writer.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017

He alleges that Ayer put some heavy rewrites on it, but the only one who really knows is Ayer.

EDIT:
Ayer did rewrites. Both versions are apparently available online. My mistake!

Last edited:

Valkyr1983

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NH, United States
Yes, and he throws his "fame" around because he's the son of a once famous director who's best known for killing two kids and Vic Marrow.

John Landis directed Animal House, Blues Brothers and American Werewolf in London, to name a few. And you think he's best known for directing a part of the twilight zone movie?

If you don't like Max Landis (I don't care about him one way or the other) then that's obv cool.

But your comment seems beyond foolish and ignorant. Not sure how an accident on the set or his movie is what people remember him by. Without googling would you even know the kids names? And vic morrow, really?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Landis being a douche is nothing new so can't say I'm surprised by the news. Still I hope he is properly outed for this so the victims can maybe get some measure of closure knowing that he's been held responsible for his actions.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love how the same people willing to give Max fucking Landis the benefit of a doubt refuse to apply the "innocent until proven guilty" standard to the intentions of the people speaking up.
I absoultely applaud the one person speaking up from that Netflix tweet. Not so sure about the other 3rd party people whispering on twitter as it adds a bunch of noise to the whole thing.