• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
**Please remember these are just allegations at this point**

A reply by Anna Akana to Netflix's twitter feed promoting Bright, their latest Netflix original movie, has seen the movie's writer Max Landis accused of assault and sexual abuse.Anna Akana worked with Landis on 'Wrestling isn't Wrestling'.

This thread from Dave Bixenspan also seems to go in to some details regarding the physical and metal abuse Max Landis had caused to a girl too.

Original Twitter post from Anna Akana: https://twitter.com/AnnaAkana/status/944091631484944384

Allie Goertz posted something back in November alluding to Max Landis too. A follow up to that tweet was recently posted saying she has spoken to publications about what she was alluding to.

While Max Landis isn't named by Allie Goertz, she does reply with 'Yup' to a cryptic tweet asking if we need to chronicle the person's misdeeds. Max Landis wrote 'Chronicle'.

FnUWe8z.png

On the follow up to this tweet, Anna Akana gave her support to Allie Goertz.

A1q5EAM.png

Last edited:

Digital

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Remember that ____ that leaked a few weeks ago? David Bixenspan made the whole thing up!

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, first I'm hearing of it. Usually there's rumors circulating before the name comes out (but in fairness I might have missed it).

Unless we're still in the "first veiled Twitter accusations" stage.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will be hard to make this stick without an actual accuser who is a victim. Half of these people don't even want to say his name for some reason.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a person who thinks that Max Landis gets a lot of unfair vitriol for his writing and on-screen personality during interviews, but uh,

Fuck this dude.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the wrestling part of that tweet, but either way, it's obvious there are a number of people who are accusing him of serious stuff. Goertz also had a follow-up tweet saying she had talked to multiple publications who are looking into it.

Astorgh

Oct 29, 2017
Wow. Anna Akana was a good friend of Landis as far as I knew. She even was the inspiration for his version of Lois Lane in American Alien.

Never liked the guy tbh, but after all the shit he threw at Toby Turner, not a good look Max.

BeastJesus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not the point of the comment. Whether it's "looks like" or "comes off as", the fact remains that it's still a dangerous way of thinking.

Not questioning the validity of these tweets one way or the other. Waiting for something more concrete to drop regarding him, though.

Almost no one is a better person privately than they are publicly. I thought that was common knowledge.

He acts like an ass in public, so people aren't surprised he has some shitty secrets. Don't see why that is a dangerous way to think.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the wrestling part of that tweet, but either way, it's obvious there are a number of people who are accusing him of serious stuff. Goertz also had a follow-up tweet saying she had talked to multiple publications who are looking into it.
Unless I'm reading it wrong, there's one person from the show that's accusing him, and the rest are friend of a friend are saying this and everyone else agreeing?

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
He made a short documentary about why professional wrestling is appealing. It was actually pretty good.

The man himself, however, appears to be horrendous.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
This passive aggressive approach seems less than ideal.
If it's not her direct experience, this may not be her place to reveal who it is, and this opens the door for the victim to decide if they want to speak out on it now.

It's definitely less than ideal, but look at what passive aggressive have gotten done in this past year. While some were more straight forward, many of these started out passive aggressive, and eventually led to people willing to speak out on the matter.

It's not ideal, but for these kinds of actions, there is no such thing as an ideal situation for it to come out, or at least not to me.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
This is the dude that did that really creepy dissection of Carly Rae Jepsen's lyrics, right?

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not the point of the comment. Whether it's "looks like" or "comes off as", the fact remains that it's still a dangerous way of thinking.

Not questioning the validity of these tweets one way or the other. Waiting for something more concrete to drop regarding him, though.
He's been an asshole before though so saying he comes off as a douche isn't far off the mark because...he's an asshole

Now hopefully he isn't a sexual assualter but if he is...bye

Oct 27, 2017
He made a short documentary about why professional wrestling is appealing. It was actually pretty good.

The man himself, however, appears to be horrendous.
Oh yeah, I followed that part, but it's more the stuff after it (WWE consultant, crowd regular, pizza buyer) that lost me. I'm sure it's not a big deal, I was just curious what it meant since I don't know anything about wrestling.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Almost no one is a better person privately than they are publicly. I thought that was common knowledge.

He acts like an ass in public, so people aren't surprised he has some shitty secrets. Don't see why that is a dangerous way to think.

Also a dangerous way to think. You have something to back that up? What if he's the exception to your supposed rule? Common sense things sometimes aren't actually correct, you know. It's entirely possible for someone to be full of bluster in the public eye, but be a reserved person privately. Not to mention that being a douche doesn't actually mean that you sexually assault people, or that you're more prone to do so.

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
Max Landis has said some very questionable things in the past regarding women and his fame, so this wouldn't be that much of a surprise.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the Cards Against Humanity creator right? I remember he had all kinds of accusations against him awhile back before this entire #metoo revolution picked up steam.

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised. I thought he was gay. Though even if he were, he seems like the type that gets off on tormenting anyone he feels is deserving of his rich nerd wrath.