• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Reeves is just thrilled that this is the first semi-decent look that folks are getting at the full Batsuit.

Why WB released that poorly-lit, blurry camera test footage and not one or two high-quality full body shots of Pattinson in the suit ahead of time is beyond me. Because this low quality on-set stuff always leaks.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure Reeves is just thrilled that this is the first semi-decent look that folks are getting at the full Batsuit.

Why WB didn't release one or two high-quality full body shots of Pattinson in the suit ahead of time is beyond me. Because this low quality on-set stuff always leaks.
He was most likely fully aware this stuff would leak out and that's why they put out the video when they did.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
He was most likely fully aware this stuff would leak out and that's why they put out the video when they did.

It was good to build initial hype, especially for the general audience, but now we have the nerds nitpicking set photos. There should have been a more professional full look at some point before filming the suit outside of a sound stage if they were looking to avoid this.

Which leads me to believe Reeves and/or WB/DC do not give a fuck haha. They just want to get to work and will show what they got when they please.

Oct 25, 2017
yall gonna be missing this real soon:

image-asset.gif

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I never once liked this Batsuit. So no, I really won't be missing it anytime soon.

These set pics do make the new suit look a tad bit goofy, but as others have already pointed out, it's just the stunt version of the costume and those always look wonky in set pictures. I'm into the general direction of the suit so far though and how it takes a lot of inspiration from the Origins and Zero Year suits.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yall gonna be missing this real soon:

image-asset.gif

He looked much worse in the actual film though.

I think it's a mix of the stubble, chubby face, double chin, butt-chin and Affleck's lack of acting ability with his eyes compared to Keaton or Bale that hurts it.

Stubby ears suck too.

Also was not a fan of the over textured looking fabric, same for Superman's suit in the Snyder films, they looked too busy.

hTk2jJD.jpg

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Lighting's going to make a huge difference in the perception of the suit.

I remember pre-Batman Begins WB putting out promo shots of Bale awkwardly posing in an all white room and it making the Batsuit look a million times worse than it needed to.

(That said, outside of the weird gloves, I think the suit stills holds up nicely in the leak shots.)

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like one of Batman's prototypes. Don't understand why people are up in arms.....then again if he's met cat woman already you'd think he has his shit together.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
what the fuck is with the ears? it looks a stretched out piece of bubblicious.

battfleck was wasted, but he at least looked like the roided up version of batman people would actually fear

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
As is usual the case with Snyder, it looks amazing in moments, GIFs, and trailer snippets. Wasnt anything particularly memorable in the actual movie

Bingo. The suit looked good at first glance-but Affleck just looked out of place in it. His face didn't go well with the cowl. He just looked awkward to be there.
"Hey guys-it's me Batman. I know, I know-sorry. I know."

Oct 25, 2017
Bingo. The suit looked good at first glance-but Affleck just looked out of place in it. His face didn't go well with the cowl. He just looked awkward to be there.
"Hey guys-it's me Batman. I know, I know-sorry. I know."

It also just looked too bloated a lot of the time with the extra rubber muscle padding not blending well with Affleck's own mass. The suit looked a fair bit better in Justice League IMO when they tweaked the cowl and seemed to slim the suit down a bit.

Still, I personally prefer the general idea that Reeves is going here with Pattinson's Batsuit. Feels like this version of Bruce deliberately opted to buy and customize a ton of relatively affordable tactical gear/body armor from various stores and handmade the suit that any middle/upper middle class Gotham citizen could buy in order to throw the cops off his track.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Why do people say it's going to look different in the movie? Apart from touched up lighting and some tightening here and there on the suit, the design is not going to suddenly look drastically different. Look at the stuntman shots for so many older batman movies. The batsuit in suicide squad stunt shots looked the same, captain marvels green suit looked the same in the movie, they only played around with the colors and lighting to make it look better.

In conclusion, the cowl looks unfortunate.

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people say it's going to look different in the movie? Apart from touched up lighting and some tightening here and there on the suit, the design is not going to suddenly look drastically different. Look at the stuntman shots for so many older batman movies. The batsuit in suicide squad stunt shots looked the same, captain marvels green suit looked the same in the movie, they only played around with the colors and lighting to make it look better.

In conclusion, the cowl looks unfortunate.

For one, it's a stunt variant of the costume being worn by a stuntman who looks very different from Pattinson. I'd personally wait to at least see him in the cowl first, since the costume was designed for him, not the stuntman in these photos.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I like the concept of comic-accurate Batman in a fabric suit, but in practice this looked pudgy and awkward.

Begins suit had the best silhouette.

the-_batman-begins_-batsuit-photo-u1

Yup nothing has stopped the Nolan Batman look for me. The cowl, Bales look in it, and the cape all worked so well. Perfect look.

Didn't like the Affleck look at all.

I'm extremely confident the Reeves/Pattison Batman will look good in the movie but from these shots not liking the ears.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
holy crap i just found out this is being filmed like 10 minutes away from me. i pass the necropolis all the time.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
HQ shot of the gadgets on his arm from today. Looks like he has a watch-like device along with darts.

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
So they really did go muscle car route, interesting. Love that it still has the jet engine exhaust for the flame, lol.