• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I love the Bats but this feels like not enough was shown to garner any real hype. I mean at least give a good look at how long the ears are on the mask

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Is it that the chin belongs to Robert Pattison?

no

edit: Maybe?
robert_pattinson.jpg

lAjHkZT.jpg

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly really like the stitched cowl, gives it a weirdly old-school look. It's bound to also let Robert move his head better, I assume.

Interesting take on his cape, too (at least the material on the shoulders). Not the biggest fan of armoured Batman, but the metal parts look cool, and the symbol being a batarang (or some sort of accesory) is really interesting.

Can't wait.
Honestly fits the noir tone Reeves said they're going for

The neck and mask is like if the Gotham By Gaslight design was modernized, which again would suit the more detective-focused approach

Batman-Gotham-by-Gaslight.jpg

batman-inset-810x610.jpg

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
whew

feels good to be excited about live action bats again

I honestly don't know if I'll ever be excited.

The earth has been scorched even deeper than the period between Batman & Robin and Batman Begins. That's how godawful the Snyderverse was.

I'm at least somewhat optimistic this won't be a train wreck, but I don't know what they could possibly do to get me interested again. I worry it'll be too "safe".

Hey, it's gritty Batman again! But like, not nearly as gritty as BvS Batman! Just sort of Batman Begins quality again, but we did that already so....shrug!

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That cowl sucks ass. But maybe it's just Pattinson's head in it. The shape looks weird (I know we can't see the top of it but from what we can see it looks bad).

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Looks okay I guess. I'm kinda over the armor plated look for batman though and the cowl looks strangely homemade.
Also, will we ever see a really large cape again that closes at the front instead of falling back over his shoulders?

4121187310_e3c522a324_z.jpg

batman-1989_dc-comics_gallery_5c4b899f2cdee.jpg

I don't care if it's impractical, it helps hide his human features and greatly adds to the element of "instilling fear into you enemies" that is a integral part of the character for me.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Need a full bodyshot before I can make a ruling. At first glance it looks really weird. Look aside, I have full faith in Pattinson.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Don't know why some think the gun being reforged to make up his insignia is considered stupid by some.

It'd fit Bruce, seeing as he's obsessed with his trauma and has a theatrical/romantic vibe. He dresses as a bat, after all.
Honestly fits the noir tone Reeves said they're going for

The neck and mask is like if the Gotham By Gaslight design was modernized, which again would suit the more detective-focused approach

Batman-Gotham-by-Gaslight.jpg

batman-inset-810x610.jpg
Yeah, I totally agree. Love it.

The cape sticking out a like that bit gives it a very elegant vibe. It also looks really thick.

They're filming in Glasgow, right? I hope that means Gotham is going to have some nice old-school vibe as well. The cars and everything we've already seen definitely don't look current, which is cool. I can see the timeframe kinda being "stuck" in time as if were, as many people have guessed. It'd fit Gotham.

Beyond some parts in Begins, Nolan's Gotham was just your typical big American city, which is really cool for the stories he told (particularly TDK, what with the heists, terrorist attacks and the way society so easily crumbled), but I missed how thick the atmosphere was in the burrows in the first one.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Looks inspired on the original suit, and I mean the original.

Which means I already dislike the cowl. Oh well. Fits with the timeline.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
If that suit is a prototype then fine but as a 'final' version by Bruce it's pretty awful.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Love the design and I think Pattinson is going to do a fantastic job. Can't wait.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If that suit is a prototype then fine but as a 'final' version by Bruce it's pretty awful.

It has to, right?
Since the first movie will be in the midst of his formative years, he probably won't have his complete and full suit yet.
I'm sure down the line he'll have a proper one.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
What's with the cheesy metal plates and weird stitching in the cowl? Eh. I like Pattinson's face in the mask and I like that it's a leaner Batman. Not terrible.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
im sure its controversial but i adore the use of leather(?) for the cowl
one of the tougher things to deal with in live action regarding batman is the fact that it's so tough for him to move his head in a lot of these costumes. doing it like this removes that little bit of silliness

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I actually like it. Looks like something that could actually be made by an overzealous vigilante, not by a prop department. Not bad.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Eh.... don't really like it, but don't mind it either. Except the stitch lines in the cowl, that looks bad.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
i feel that the full design will look less mechanical than people are thinking, like half stitched up, half armored, so not so much like the arkham games

PizzaKing

May 24, 2019
This is pretty much my ideal batsuit sans the dumb logo. A grey bodysuit could've been cool too but totally happy with this. They were so close!

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
It looks cool the more I see it but man it has some big shoes to fill for the rest of the costume design.
The Snyder Suit is down right excellent
d05aa283ef1b586decc99494fac69b34.jpg

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
I can dig it. Hope the gun thing isn't true. Batman has a lot of costumes. Unless this a one-off (Likely) in its design.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to tell much except that they're going for a functional and realistic design. Use of real world materials, obvious seams and armour plating, what looks like the gun for the symbol (cut up, but not melted down)...

I don't know... It tells me that they're taking it seriously, but maybe in the wrong way. I'm not sure I like it.