• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
j26xtTT.gif

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I honestly really like the stitched cowl, gives it a weirdly old-school look. It's bound to also let Robert move his head better, I assume.

Interesting take on his cape, too (at least the material on the shoulders). Not the biggest fan of armoured Batman, but the metal parts look cool, and the symbol being a batarang (or some sort of accesory) is really interesting.

Can't wait.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everything from the neck up looks hilarious. Looks like a teenager trying to scowl.

Still, Matt Reeves hasn't made a movie I haven't liked yet.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lighting makes it impossible to tell the color of the suit. I'm really hoping this is our first blue batsuit in live action.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember how everyone hated how the Joker looked on his reveal shot for The Dark Knight and then everyone loved him after. So reserving judgment.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I love the shoulder armor look, but that bat symbol just looks dumb.

looking forward to seeig the full suit!

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
...that screentest is just reusing the Batman Forever suit. Are you saying the final movie will have a completely different suit?
No I'm saying that the appearance in a screen test is not representative of the final look, which should be obvious considering the word test, but here we are.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Which is exactly what he's saying.

Christian Bale screen test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vqlHNAsfDM
This Batman suit won't change because this screen test is also a reveal for the suit. It's the same situation with the Joker and Geralt from the Witcher, the latter only changed because the general consensus was that it looked bad. It would have not changed without Twitter dunking all over it.

The Christian Bale clip is an actual screen test where the whole purpose isn't to post it on Twitter for marketing purposes, it's only used is internal.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's something about that cowl that's off. I need to see the ears to be sure

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
This Batman suit won't change because this screen test is also a reveal for the suit. It's the same situation with the Joker and Geralt from the Witcher, the latter only changed because the general consensus was that it looked bad. It would have not changed without Twitter dunking all over it.

The Christian Bale clip is an actual screen test where the whole purpose isn't to post it on Twitter for marketing purposes, it's only used is internal.
This is all completely obvious. I'm not saying the entire suit is going to be changed, but aspects of it certainly can. Paint for example, a big part of why they probably shot this test in the first place is to test how it reacts to dramatic light so that they can touch up the color and materials as needed for specific scenes.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of Cillian Murphy's look in the Batman Begins screen test (34 seconds in)

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
This is all completely obvious. I'm not saying the entire suit is going to be changed, but aspects of it certainly can. Paint for example, a big part of why they probably shot this test in the first place is to test how it reacts to dramatic light so that they can touch up the color and materials as needed for specific scenes.
Then posting the screen test where they have 3 actors playing Batman makes no sense in a discussion about "screen tests" that are only there to show the general audience the look of an actor or suit. They're two completely different things that aren't part of the same discussion, so if it's completely obvious then I'm missing the point of brining it up.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Something about the mask is making his head look bigger but besides that it's pretty cool. Getting Arkham Origins vibes.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Then posting the screen test where they have 3 actors playing Batman makes no sense in a discussion about "screen tests" that are only there to show the general audience the look of an actor or suit. They're two completely different things that aren't part of the same discussion, so if it's completely obvious then I'm missing the point of brining it up.
The same reason it was also just brought up completely separately probably, because it's interesting? Do I really need to explain how another screen test from a batman movie is relevant to the topic at hand?
Here's another interesting one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pv69cUM2fw

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
There are things I like (or willing to accept) and others I'll wait to see more to say more. I'll say this though, it didn't fill me with as much excitement as that legendary first pic of Afflecks suit.