• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
There's no reason to assume he didn't pour a bunch of money into other systems we can't see. It's not an unobtianium powered transformer, but it's no less sophisticated than the '89 version.

You don't have to spend billions to achieve the same results. It's a car, with gadgets and a jet engine.

Batman has a car for potential car chases or any vehicular combat and that thing looks like it can be taken out easily. It may have some cool features and gadgets we have yet to see, but it looks nowhere near as sophisticated as any Batmobile before it. I get that it might be a prototype, blah blah *insert origin story reasoning*, but it looks like it didn't go far enough to be a serious vehicle for Batman. And that is just hard to excuse given how rich Bruce Wayne is.

People will probably think "Oh Bruce is just young and reckless in this film", but Alfred always has involvement so I doubt that the design is what a real Bruce Wayne and Alfred would come up with lol. It is purely in that style to fit the atmosphere the film is going for and thats about it. But the problem remains that it is not a convincing Batmobile given the money Bruce Wayne has to spend.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
5OxlyAz.png

God he looks so dorky here. Really into the cast and the director but this picture is a big underwhelming dud between batman and the batmobile.

If it sounds loud as fuck tho in theaters then ill be less down on it but i just find the shift from the prior designs to something so...grounded and practical a bit jarring right now

Canklestank

Oct 26, 2017
Not what I expected, so I didn't like it at first. After some time, I can dig it, but I hate the exposed engine. It's fine if it's a modified car, but why modify a car to make it less protective than just a black Challenger?

It's kind of in this awkward in-between place where it would be better either scaled up or scaled down. The aesthetics are nice though, and it's a movie, so sometimes aesthetics are more important than in universe logic.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
Batman has a car for potential car chases or any vehicular combat and that thing looks like it can be taken out easily. It may have some cool features and gadgets we have yet to see, but it looks nowhere near as sophisticated as any Batmobile before it. I get that it might be a prototype, blah blah *insert origin story reasoning*, but it looks like it didn't go far enough to be a serious vehicle for Batman. And that is just hard to excuse given how rich Bruce Wayne is.

People will probably think "Oh Bruce is just young and reckless in this film", but Alfred always has involvement so I doubt that the design is what a real Bruce Wayne and Alfred would come up with lol. It is purely in that style to fit the atmosphere the film is going for and thats about it. But the problem remains that it is not a convincing Batmobile given the money Bruce Wayne has to spend.

I don't understand why the Batmobile can't just look cool and that be enough. Why does it have to make sense in a real world scenario; this is a work of fiction. Like the Batmobile in the Batman 89 was so long that it would've had a ridiculous turning radius, hell there is a scene where it shoots out a grappling hook to make a tight turn.

I much prefer this over the Tumbler, it looks like a muscle car and that's pretty sweet. Also even though it would stick out on the road, it looks nowhere near as ridiculous as the tumbler did.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Batman should probably drive an electric vehicle.

No way he's sneaking into a crime scene with a huge V8 just exposed on the back.

Ab4dd0n

Oct 25, 2017
Now i want The Batman and The Furious.

batman.furiousbej62.jpg

Picture this!
Toretto and Batman joining forces because some villains escape Arkham using special vehicles.
Joker in a Purple Lambo, Freeze in a Ice Truck and Bane in a Tank Truck full of Venom.

Directed by: Joel Schumacher

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
You need a larger than life car to match the style. A conventional looking car will give you shots like this

PV8ktG2.jpg

That car doesn't put me in mind of some mythical figure with backing and forces you can barely comprehend, it puts me in mind of some bozo tooling around in a shed.

Jul 18, 2018
God he looks so dorky here. Really into the cast and the director but this picture is a big underwhelming dud between batman and the batmobile.

If it sounds loud as fuck tho in theaters then ill be less down on it but i just find the shift from the prior designs to something so...grounded and practical a bit jarring right now
Basing the final movie's looks just from production shots. Nice.

blazenumb1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's alright, will hold off any judgement until I see the film.

Maybe it's the pictures but I feel like the cowl looks off compared to the rest of the suit(which is also seems too bulky). Either way, excited for the movie, Reeves made one of the best trilogies out of Planet of the Apes, cant wait to see what he can do with Batman(despite my minor worries about the suit).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read he will have two different suits so this could be an early design and gets a new look later in the movie.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's alright, will hold off any judgement until I see the film.

Maybe it's the pictures but I feel like the cowl looks off compared to the rest of the suit(which is also seems too bulky). Either way, excited for the movie, Reeves made one of the best trilogies out of Planet of the Apes, cant wait to see what he can do with Batman(despite my minor worries about the suit).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read he will have two different suits so this could be an early design and gets a new look later in the movie.

I think Pattinson just has a really large noggin and going from simple head design to lots of bits and pieces is charring, doubt we will notice in film.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Looks like something ripped straight out of Fast and Furious. Not a fan to be honest. Much prefer the tank Batmobiles. It makes so much more sense than a stylized car.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda crazy how Snyder's Batman is like...the aesthetic peak of (movie) Batman and batmobile designs. It's kind of a shame that everything is just going to be downhill from here. we couldn't even get one decent movie with the best bat designs.

still excited for this, just looks lame af

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
it's fuckin' sick looking.

Gadgetry has be under the hood since the engine is in the back. It lacks the imagination of my favorite one, the george clooney one, but sometimes minimalism speaks volumes and again, it's fuckin' sick.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
He looks like he arrived early for a car show. I feel like having an exposed engine in a vehicle that is highly likely to be shot at is unwise.

adelante

Oct 27, 2017
This is pretty rad. I won't be surprised if this is a more of a "hands on" version on Bruce Wayne we're gonna see, one who likes to get his hands dirty and build stuff, despite having billions of dollars. Just cos he's loaded in cash doesnt mean his car has to look fancy. I'm all for subverting expectations this way

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
Ehm.... don't know what to think about this. They are going full millenials. It's a car with a "BAT engine design", same as the bike. It's like if Matt Reeves is trying to make an hybrid Batman with real and fantasy specs. What's the point on the suit also?

I think that's what I loved from Nolan's batman, almost every item had it's purpose.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Ehm.... don't know what to think about this. They are going full millenials. It's a car with a "BAT engine design", same as the bike. It's like if Matt Reeves is trying to make an hybrid Batman with real and fantasy specs. What's the point on the suit also?

I think that's what I loved from Nolan's batman, almost every item had it's purpose.

Well, let's wait until the movie comes out before we start comparing it to Nolan's joint.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I don't understand why the Batmobile can't just look cool and that be enough. Why does it have to make sense in a real world scenario; this is a work of fiction. Like the Batmobile in the Batman 89 was so long that it would've had a ridiculous turning radius, hell there is a scene where it shoots out a grappling hook to make a tight turn.

I much prefer this over the Tumbler, it looks like a muscle car and that's pretty sweet. Also even though it would stick out on the road, it looks nowhere near as ridiculous as the tumbler did.

Batman 89 felt more cartoony in a lot of ways so this isn't a valid comparison. We have long moved towards grounded, gritty Batman films that make the superhero and the world feel more life like. The muscle car Batmobile for Bruce Wayne just doesn't fit any way people try to spin it.

And if that car was used to trail the Joker in The Dark Knight and he aimed it at the muscle car Batmobile, it would be bye bye Battinson. So yes, the Tumbler is way better lol. And who cares if it sticks out or doesn't? Any speeding vehicle, especially causing havoc as every high speed chase in any action film does, is going to attract negative attention and have the cops after it.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks straight out of Fast and Furious.

Really love the design but I'm not going to lie and say that I like it as a batmobile.

Maybe with actual context I'll understand why they went this way.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally waiting for a scene where Batman pulls up next to another muscle car or something along those lines, rolls down his window and meets the other drivers eye and then revs his engine.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018

Yeah he looks kind of dumb there TBH

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017

his proportions look so weird. The tiny, angular chest, the pants that look like they're from a different costume and start at the wrong point, the neck shield that looks more like a neck brace, and those whack gauntlets...
It looks better in some pictures but it's def not the direction I was hoping they would take the suit in. Maybe I'll like it more in motion.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
his proportions look so weird. The tiny, angular chest, the pants that look like they're from a different costume and start at the wrong point, the neck shield that looks more like a neck brace, and those whack gauntlets...
It looks better in some pictures but it's def not the direction I was hoping they would take the suit in. Maybe I'll like it more in motion.

I think it looks weird mostly due to the pose they gave him. He's just standing up straight stiff looking out into nowhere like he's zoned out.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Meh. Looks lame, but I also remember thinking a long ass time ago that the Tumbler looked pretty wack too, until I saw the movie and was won over instantly. I'm sure Reeves will make a killer Batman film.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
I like the concept of a muscle batmobile because it reminds me of the story of the Ghost Camaro. It was an armor-plated, nitro-boosted Camaro driven by an ex-Danish Special Forces guy that delivered aid and supplies during the war in Bosnia when the aid trucks stopped coming due to them being slow, easy targets.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely love it, I've wanted something like this for a long time. It'll be nice to see a batmobile that could actually feasibly outrun the cops. Always bothered me in TDK and TDKR that you can visibly tell that the batpod is only going something like 30 mph and the cops for whatever reason can't catch him.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

"Full millennials," what the hell?