• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Neal Adams batmobile vibes:
jokers_five_way_revenge.jpg

Or this Chris Warner 1940's look:
batman_408_tires_stolen.jpg
Between the cowl and the car, definitely seems to be drawing from OG Batman

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
Why an internal combustion engine? Its loud and arguably slower.

Slower than what? I can tell you that a twin-turbo V8 is faster than a turbine variant. An electric might be quicker in 60 feet but not faster overall.

If you are going for speed, a V8 is the most logical and practical solution.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so fucking ready for this.

So far absolutely everything they've shown or leaked looks right up my alley, I wouldnt change a thing.

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
Slower than what? I can tell you that a twin-turbo V8 is faster than a turbine variant. An electric might be quicker in 60 feet but not faster overall.

If you are going for speed, a V8 is the most logical and practical solution.
Some sort of fictional hybrid Batman variant? Hard to sneak around with a V8 chugging along.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I love how it's the body of a normal car but with a crazy ass engine stuck in the back.

I'm all for this unique take on live action Batman.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I'm a fan of anything that's been released so far, officially or unofficially. At least the casting is inspired.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
It is high tech and impressive. Easily a 6 figure build, and that isn't including the jet engine that seems to be mounted directly on to the "block". I can't even see the intake or recognize any throttle bodies.

If Bruce Wayne was meant to have built this himself, it's fucking impressive. I'm no expert, but if you show me a V8 mounted into a car I can figure out what is going on and where things are, this is a head scratcher.

With the amount of money Bruce Wayne has and compared to the Batmobiles before it, it looks like it was made with some money he found in his sock drawer. I mean, its impressive if you are the average Joe, but most this is the Batmobile...

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
why does it have the long ass hood when the engine's in the back?

Weight distribution.

It's hard to tell, but the engine seems to be mounted almost over the rear axle. I think it is probably still mostly in front of it, making it mid engine instead of rear engine, but even then if Bruce wants to avoid being perpetually on two wheels, the front needs a lot of weight.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I don't hate it, but my favorite batmobiles are usually the long nosed ones like the original Burton movie and the BvS car that was a lot like it. This just doesn't have the same iconic silhouette

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like it. It looks very cool, but it doesn't look like the Batmobile to me.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
With the amount of money Bruce Wayne has and compared to the Batmobiles before it, it looks like it was made with some money he found in his sock drawer. I mean, its impressive if you are the average Joe, but most this is the Batmobile...

There's no reason to assume he didn't pour a bunch of money into other systems we can't see. It's not an unobtianium powered transformer, but it's no less sophisticated than the '89 version.

You don't have to spend billions to achieve the same results. It's a car, with gadgets and a jet engine.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone has to remember, year 2 Batman with no Lucius Fox to help him out.

I hope they evolve the look of all his gear throughout the movies till we get the polished sleeker version by movie 3 or into the team up's and beyond.
Year Two and doing it all on his own.

It's almost like people are being willfully ignorant about this or something or they only want the same batman in the same batman time frame with the same stories and same, been there/done that looks.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Eh. As a Bat-Tank sure but as a Batmobile? Then again Nolen also gave us an ugly Batplane.

latest
batman-the-dark-knight-rises-revoltech-series-5-inch-the-bat-50_image.gif

I actually really liked the Arkham Batmobile. Looked like a beefy sports car that was a mix of various other Batmobiles. Looked sleek but also looked like a tank at times.

batmobile.jpg
Yeah the arkhamobile wasn't too shabby although personally I was a big fan of the Tumbler.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Is anyone else a little dissapointed that we are gettin a "serious" batman again after nolans trilogy?a mix between arkham and nolan batman would be ideal,that car screams "rich guy tuning a car to go fast" in a bad way

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
It's almost like people are being willfully ignorant about this or something or they only want the same batman in the same batman time frame with the same stories and same, been there/done that looks.

"It's year two" isn't a catchall description. As far as we know it's not an adaption of the "Year Two" mini series but was described as being the second year of his career as Batman... and that doesn't inherently mean he has no tech. It's kind of a needlessly rude way to dismiss that people don't like the design.

That doesn't mean they're right or even that their desires are justified. Just that it's a reductive way to take shots at them.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
I would have gone with a more Ford GT inspired look than a muscle car.

I just feel like the muscle car(a car that drives best in straight lines) doesn't match Batman's character or fit his needs. He'd a car that steers exceptionally well; muscles cars aren't known for that.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I would have gone with a more Ford GT inspired look than a muscle car.

I just feel like the muscle car(a car that drives best in straight lines) doesn't match Batman's character or fit his needs. He'd a car that steers exceptionally well; muscles cars aren't known for that.

The ironic thing is a number of the previous Batmobiles were only good at driving in straight lines, especially the beloved Burtonmobile - which had a gigantic turn radius. So much so that when he needed to pull a quick 90 degree turn in the film, Bats had to rely on latching to a street light using a grappling hook in order to hurl his car around the corner. Beyond that the movie cleverly edits around any other tight turns he needs to make.

Soybean

Nov 12, 2017
It really should be electric. Batman doesn't live in the past (I mean, besides reliving that one horrible night over and over of course).

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Adam West vibes, first years of comic batman vibes, and better than the shity tumbler.
Still love Burton and TAS batmobiles more, but this is quite good.

Also fuck the tumbler.