• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's modern day. The other set pics show Gotham News Vans with "HDTV" in their logos and extras with smart phones.

In that case I'm not a fan.

There are ways to make it look like a batmobile without it just being a challenger with BEEG ENGINE.

Same how part of his costume looks like he just painted some hockey pads black.

I'm all for it not being like a Nolan tank and stuff but I also correlate batman with having really unique tech and tools. This feels less like Batman and more like Peter Parker trying to be Batman.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In that case I'm not a fan.

There are ways to make it look like a batmobile without it just being a challenger with BEEG ENGINE.

Same how part of his costume looks like he just painted some hockey pads black.

I'm all for it not being like a Nolan tank and stuff but I also correlate batman with having really unique tech and tools. This feels less like Batman and more like Peter Parker trying to be Batman.
It's Batman in the second year of being Batman.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I like what I see but I still think this is the best live action Batman/batmobile "look"
zack_snyder_ben_affleck_as_batman.jpg

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Is... is... is... that supposed to be a V8 that turns a jet turbine instead of a crankshaft?!?

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
If they are going with the idea that Bruce is building all of this stuff on his own to keep his secret then it makes some sense that he got a muscle car and modded it out.

Like, the Nolan trilogy started out that way but then they went away from that when he got the Tumbler. Am I supposed to believe all the designers of that thing didn't recognize their prototype tank they built was on the news in a police pursuit?

Sure, but given his resources even building "on his own" can get him a Batmobile that is way more hi-tech and impressive.

The designers could have easily been paid off to not say a word. Thats the reality when you have billions at your disposal.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think it looks lame. The suit looks ok too. All combined it looks like a Batman that comes from a middle income household. Not a billionaire Bruce Wayne but someone who makes 200k a year.

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
As far as live action batmobiles I would put this only above the Batman and Robin movie.

BvS
89/Returns
Tumbler

Batman Forever
Batman 21

Batman and Robin

Batfleck and Snyder remain Kings.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they're leaning into the unpolished look. With both the Batsuit and the Batmobile it feels like they were built with a form in mind but they stopped at function.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Everyone has to remember, year 2 Batman with no Lucius Fox to help him out.

I hope they evolve the look of all his gear throughout the movies till we get the polished sleeker version by movie 3 or into the team up's and beyond.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I feel ike some y'all would be shocked to see some of the cars that Bats has driven over the years in the comics. Reeves' car look very similar to a few of the Batmobiles from the 70s and 80s. Hell some the early cars straight-up look like Bruce bought them right off the lot and slapped some bat decals on them.

Last edited:

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I'm sure it will do cool things. A jet car that goes like stink.

Public cosplay re-creations don't have to do what the movie car does, it just has to look like the movie car.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
Sure, but given his resources even building "on his own" can get him a Batmobile that is way more hi-tech and impressive.

The designers could have easily been paid off to not say a word. Thats the reality when you have billions at your disposal.

It is high tech and impressive. Easily a 6 figure build, and that isn't including the jet engine that seems to be mounted directly on to the "block". I can't even see the intake or recognize any throttle bodies.

If Bruce Wayne was meant to have built this himself, it's fucking impressive. I'm no expert, but if you show me a V8 mounted into a car I can figure out what is going on and where things are, this is a head scratcher.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Personally I thought the Nolan tank was amazing. Kinda eh on this whole thing but will have to see it on the big screen before I judge

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
Isn't the rumor that all of the weapons and tech Batman uses in this film are repurposed from things he's confiscated from crime scenes? That would track with this design.