• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno if the red works with batman, I always associate batman with more nightish colours like Blacks and Blues (and maybe very dark gray) but the poster looks good. Hopefully this'll be good. Apes was Good. I hope I enjoy it, the only major DC Projects I've liked recently were Shazam and the new Harley Quinn show.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Damn that looks fucking gorgeous. Gotta love Jim Lee.

Also - they did go with those blowdart thingies on his bracers in the end.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
32b22ef2f0dc2d238ece01b7fd44c5dc.gif

I'm so excited for Pattinson, he's so goddamn talented and I think he's gonna nail it. Also, stellar cast and director.

Also, I guess that could be our first look to Gotham? I like it (I know they were shooting in Glasgow and London, but now with Covid I think they're leaving those places).

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I loved the planet of the apes movies. Looking forward to Matt Reeves take on Batman!

Did they finish filming, by chance?

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Pattinson is an amazing actor. Been saying it since Remember Me. I laugh every time someone makes fun of him. They obviously haven't watched anything with him in it in over a decade lmao

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Are those darts on his gauntlets?

I dunno if the red works with batman, I always associate batman with more nightish colours like Blacks and Blues (and maybe very dark gray) but the poster looks good. Hopefully this'll be good. Apes was Good. I hope I enjoy it, the only major DC Projects I've liked recently were Shazam and the new Harley Quinn show.

the Gotham sky in BTAS was always red, so red works for me on that level.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I loved the planet of the apes movies. Looking forward to Matt Reeves take on Batman!

Did they finish filming, by chance?
Three more months of filming at least, actually:
The comic book adventure was roughly seven weeks into production when filming had to be halted in March due to the coronavirus pandemic. "The Batman," which is said to be a grittier and more realistic take on the Dark Knight mythos, has approximately three months of material left to shoot.
variety.com

Robert Pattinson’s ‘The Batman’ Resuming Production in September

'The Batman' with Robert Pattinson is eyeing an early September re-start on production.

However, seven weeks of filming should give us enough footage for a short trailer or teaser, especially if they focus on a scene or a couple of scenes. I also assume that, during this break, the VFX team might have done some work on whatever they had available to work on, at least for trailer shots.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I think RPats is gonna actually kill this. I'm particularly interested in his best smarmy rich kid Bruce Wayne impression.

Also - I pray that the action in this is the proper levels of raw. Early bats should hip tossing people into dumpsters and shit. Can't wait

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It always amuses me when people think certified, great actors might not be able to pull off a role in a fucking comic book movie. Pattinson can probably play Bruce Wayne/Batman in his sleep.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Still not crazy how visually busy the design for his suit and logo are.
Damn that looks fucking gorgeous. Gotta love Jim Lee.

Also - they did go with those blowdart thingies on his bracers in the end.

There was a rumor earlier in the year when they began filming that this suit is only Bruce's first or second attempt at the Batsuit, and it gets destroyed at some point in the film in favor of some sort of upgraded look that we haven't seen yet.

Who knows if its true, but it would certainly be far from the first Batman film to swap out the Batsuit midway through the film.

It always amuses me when people think certified, great actors might not be able to pull off a role in a fucking comic book movie. Pattinson can probably play Bruce Wayne/Batman in his sleep.

No kidding. Here's what it takes to play Batman/Bruce Wayne:

- Be a competent actor
- Have a good jawline/chin

Pattinson has both of those in spades.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I thought the first few posts were merely doubting his size for the role. He's obviously not going to fill out like the poster but I think he'll look good

OP
OP
Spinky

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Reminder that our best official look at Pattinson in the suit is probably still this image.

MV5BMjIyNzhmODMtNDEzYS00ZjRhLWJjYmYtZTRjODJhOGM2MTQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc0NzQzNTM@._V1_.jpg

There was a rumor earlier in the year when they began filming that this suit is only Bruce's first or second attempt at the Batsuit, and it gets destroyed at some point in the film in favor of some sort of upgraded look that we haven't seen yet.
I feel like this rumour always comes out when people aren't unanimously happy with a live-action superhero costume.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Is Pattinson signed on for one movie only? If this works I wonder if he's gonna be THE Batman for DC films for a while. Wonder if he would even want that.

Not sure I should even ask at this point but is this supposed to be DCEU cannon?

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is Pattinson signed on for one movie only? If this works I wonder if he's gonna be THE Batman for DC films for a while. Wonder if he would even want that.

Not sure I should even ask at this point but is this supposed to be DCEU cannon?
The main cast members are signed on for multiple films. Deadline reported a trilogy is planned.

It's a fresh start so it's separate from the DCEU. If they have any sense, they'll leave Reeves alone to do what he wants.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
The main cast members are signed on for multiple films. Deadline reported a trilogy is planned.

It's a fresh start so it's separate from the DCEU.

Nice, I'll have to see how I like the first installment of course but the idea of a fresh series of potentially good Batman films that aren't weighed down by any existing baggage is exciting to me.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
That poster is fucking awesome. It's too bad that all the pics of Pattinson don't look even half as good.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
i mean its jim lee, its baseline is awesome, i worry that the stills we've seen so far wont look anything like that

Oct 25, 2017
Literally only one person in this thread doubting Pattinson and dozens jumping to his defense. I think the state of Pattinson's reputation here is fine

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
Putting money on Pattinson as the new Keaton

Before the movie: "He'll never work as Batman!"

After the movie: "He's the perfect Batman"

I remember the fall-out on the old place when Ledger was announced as Joker. People accusing Nolan of shunning the real fans to appeal to the teen girl demographic.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i hope gotham is going to look really stylized and almost art deco. i want gargoyles, i want gcpd blimps, i love the nolan movies but it was kinda sad how gotham was just real life chicago.