• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
"In exchange for the funds being arranged, and upon the release of Mr. Levinson, the team that delivers Mr. Levinson to the President of The United States shall strongly advocate that President Biden issue a Presidential Pardon, or instruct the Department of Justice to terminate any and all investigations involving Congressman Gaetz," said the document Kent reportedly gave Gaetz's father, which bore the heading "Project Homecoming."

The document stated that Rep. Gaetz was "currently under investigation by the FBI for various public corruption and public integrity issues." It goes on to allege that the FBI has learned of images of Gaetz in a "sexual orgy with underage prostitutes."

www.yahoo.com

Matt Gaetz case gets more bizarre as extortion claim involves search for missing ex-FBI agent Robert Levinson

Details surrounding the claim by Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., that he is the victim of an extortion plot involving allegations of a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old now portend to connect it to a search for an FBI agent who went missing in Iran 14 years ago.

This shit gets weirder and weirder.
what in the fuck

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
"In exchange for the funds being arranged, and upon the release of Mr. Levinson, the team that delivers Mr. Levinson to the President of The United States shall strongly advocate that President Biden issue a Presidential Pardon, or instruct the Department of Justice to terminate any and all investigations involving Congressman Gaetz," said the document Kent reportedly gave Gaetz's father, which bore the heading "Project Homecoming."

The document stated that Rep. Gaetz was "currently under investigation by the FBI for various public corruption and public integrity issues." It goes on to allege that the FBI has learned of images of Gaetz in a "sexual orgy with underage prostitutes."

www.yahoo.com

Matt Gaetz case gets more bizarre as extortion claim involves search for missing ex-FBI agent Robert Levinson

Details surrounding the claim by Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., that he is the victim of an extortion plot involving allegations of a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old now portend to connect it to a search for an FBI agent who went missing in Iran 14 years ago.

I don't know were to begin. But lets start with the "easiest" part.....they were selling access to Biden? Am I reading that right

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
According to documents obtained and reported by the Washington Examiner, Gaetz's family was approached by former Air Force intelligence officer Bob Kent, who claimed that he had located former agent Robert Levinson, whose family presumed him to be dead. Kent reportedly sought a $25 million loan to fund an operation to rescue Levinson, and promised to help the congressman with legal woes in return.

According to documents obtained and reported by the Washington Examiner

Oh

Oct 27, 2017

www.yahoo.com

In all seriousness, I wonder how many of the most vocal Trump sycophants have this sort of compromising material on them.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Sure, but DOJ is just a deep state organization leading a witch hunt against a Trump supporter... in the eyes of those who consume conservative media i.e. half the country

Gaetz is probably done, but they are potentially angling to make him a martyr

I think him dropping the ball on Tucker's show is huge. Some of the fringe alt-right talking heads trying to get those youtube clicks might take up the cause, but considering it was the Trump DOJ who started this...I dont see him getting the juice he needs to skate.

MAYBE he can make this into a talking head position on fox years down the line

Oct 25, 2017

arrested-development-michael-tobias-phrasing-tape-recorder.gif

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing and just not surprising at all. Like, you can't even really point how their hypocrisy anymore because it's all they do. It's their whole thing.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019

www.yahoo.com

I'm going to go ahead and hope that's not real.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
You would think that as an elected official, the moment someone tried to extort or defraud money from you over something like this, and you knew an investigation was either being done into you or could be started to check into it, that you'd hired a team of expert PR consultants to ready a PR defensive storm for the moment where it would for sure leak or come out in public. The fact that this idiot has decided he can run defense himself for something that everyone would find pretty believable for him to do screams to how stupid he is.

But I'm not surprised by his stupidity, remember this guy brought up someone else's history and issues in the past at a hearing despite it being public record due to him being from florida that he was arrested for drink driving. Then when he had it thrown in his face after he tried to smear someone at the hearing he acted like a bitch.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
WE isn't exactly a libdrool rag.

it is a rag though.

The Washington Examiner is a few steps below the New York Post and maybe like a baby-step ahead of the Washington Times in terms of legit reporting so:

According to documents obtained and reported by the Washington Examiner, Gaetz's family was approached by former Air Force intelligence officer Bob Kent, who claimed that he had located former agent Robert Levinson, whose family presumed him to be dead. Kent reportedly sought a $25 million loan to fund an operation to rescue Levinson, and promised to help the congressman with legal woes in return.

... Kinda reads like a dime store Tom Clancy knockoff....

I don't doubt that the Washington Examiner was handed documents that suggested these things, but I do suspect that the author of these documents was, like, Matt Gaetz' brother, Gary Gaetz.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
The Washington Examiner is a few steps below the New York Post and maybe like a baby-step ahead of the Washington Times in terms of legit reporting so:

... Kinda reads like a dime store Tom Clancy knockoff....

I don't doubt that the Washington Examiner was handed documents that suggested these things, but I do suspect that the author of these documents was, like, Matt Gaetz' brother, Gary Gaetz.

i just hope to god there is no glimmer of truth in any of this. I can't stand this mans shit eating grin.

Imagine if there really is a "deep state" plot.

I feel sick. Hold me.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
i just hope to god there is no glimmer of truth in any of this. I can't stand this mans shit eating grin.

I feel sick. Hold me.

Dude, even if any of it is true. There are DOJ investigations into Matt Gaetz. The two mystery men were offering to pardon/have the DOJ terminate those investigations in return for money.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017

www.yahoo.com

Underage Prostitutes.....so....children? Hopefully justice is served.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Have a feeling there will be a LOT of stories coming out about this Max Payne Bobblehead motherfucker in the coming weeks. Let him burn.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

www.yahoo.com

Gaetz is completely fucked, and maybe some people in his circle as well. They're probably back peddling away from him so fast they could win the Tour de France.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017

I feel sick. Hold me.
Wouldn't an extortion plot mean hard evidence likely exists? Kind of a waste of time to try an extort someone for a serious crime like this when you have no evidence to use as leverage.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that. Its just going to be annoying to see that trying to deflect from the crime.

It's not going to work, hell for all we know the whole extortion plot twist may well have been created by Gaetz to try to deflect from the underlying crime of him being a pedo. He probably tipped off the ex doj lawyer along with his dad and had him "extort" him to muddy the waters. This guy is that dumb and desperate.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
www.thedailybeast.com

Republicans Have Been Waiting for a Matt Gaetz Scandal to Break

The Florida congressman’s less-than-sterling reputation among his colleagues has many Republicans questioning the wisdom of jumping to his defense.

This article smartly points out that almost noone except the wackiest of the GOP are coming to Gaetz defense. Margeri Taylor Green and Jim Jordan, the maga-est of maga.
Holy smokes

After Rep. Matt Gaetz accused a Florida lawyer of a $25 million extortion scheme to make sex trafficking allegations disappear, Republicans on and off Capitol Hill on Wednesday largely kept their mouths shut.

Gaetz—the Trump-loving, Fox News-grinning, 38-year-old Florida Republican—has a less-than-sterling reputation among his congressional colleagues. More than a half-dozen lawmakers have spoken to these reporters about his love of alcohol and illegal drugs, as well as his proclivity for younger women

One former GOP staffer said Wednesday that their office had an informal rule to not allow their member to appear next to Gaetz during TV hits, fearful of the inevitable scandal that would come out one day.

Yeah, he's boned

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that. Its just going to be annoying to see that trying to deflect from the crime.

That story is so unbelievable that it doesn't pass muster, or at least, the details are so bizarre it stinks of like some Project Veritas-esque reverse sting. Like, Gaetz is wrapped up in this child sex trafficking investigation from the DoJ, either as a john, a coconspirator, or perhaps as something relatively benign (like maybe he was just interested for questioning because he knew their subject), and then this ... other ... aspect of it conveniently appears where someone is trying to blackmail him ... to find a missing government contractor ... in Afghanistan ... and then appeal for a pardon from Biden ... That whole aspect is like bad fanfic.

Of course some of the truest of true believers are still convinced that Trump is secretly the president and that Joe Biden is a hologram or performing in front of a green screen, and so they'll find anything and let it convince them that their reality is the true one. But those people are hopeless.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I guess I don't follow your original comment then. Seems like you were downplaying how much right wing bias there was, but maybe I misunderstood

I was saying it didn't seem too liberal...

seems like if your fascist buds wouldn't make up a smear against you.

That story is so unbelievable that it doesn't pass muster, or at least, the details are so bizarre it stinks of like some Project Veritas-esque reverse sting. Like, Gaetz is wrapped up in this child sex trafficking investigation from the DoJ, either as a john, a coconspirator, or perhaps as something relatively benign (like maybe he was just interested for questioning because he knew their subject), and then this ... other ... aspect of it conveniently appears where someone is trying to blackmail him ... to find a missing government contractor ... in Afghanistan ... and then appeal for a pardon from Biden ... That whole aspect is like bad fanfic.

Of course some of the truest of true believers are still convinced that Trump is secretly the president and that Joe Biden is a hologram or performing in front of a green screen, and so they'll find anything and let it convince them that their reality is the true one. But those people are hopeless.

Trumpers are stupid though and shitty mafia-wannabes shaking folks down. I would have totally agreed with you 4 years ago.. like i said, i just hope none of it has any deep statetry involved. "sure he was having relations with a 17 year old, but, the deep state has no end! Am I right?" Much like the trump GA tapes. The bigger story was that rathensburger LEAKED the illegal shit trump was talking about. They hem'd and haw'd over that for weeks.

I just want a clean strike, with no "yeah but..." a hand in the cookie jar moment. His friends ghosting him makes me hopeful.

The story is bonkers as fuck.

Last edited:

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
looks like things are just about wrapping up for maga frat-bro #834 who somehow managed to weasel his way into a federal congressional seat. dude's done