• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I can't get enough of this fight

Everything built up to this moment when he finally stops running ahhhhh

source.gif

It was a perfect culmination. A realisation. A great climax that summed up many of the movies musings, that there IS NO SPOON. That you don't need to do fancy kung-fu. A movie that ended on a perfect spring board of what could have gone anywhere...

...And it was pissed away with 5 minutes of Reloaded with just the word 'upgrades'

Bravo guys. *Slow claps*

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I really love Reloaded.

It's biggest problem is that it's not really the middle chapter of a trilogy, it's more the first act of the final chapter, and the story doesn't flow as good as it should. But everything that happens inside Matrix is fantastic, and except the super long Zion sequence at the beginning, I like the outside stuff as well!

Fuck Revolutions, though. I like the Morpheus/Trinity/Seraph disco raid at the beginning, but that's about it.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
It was a perfect culmination. A realisation. A great climax that summed up many of the movies musings, that there IS NO SPOON. That you don't need to do fancy kung-fu. A movie that ended on a perfect spring board of what could have gone anywhere...

...And it was pissed away with 5 minutes of Reloaded with just the word 'upgrades'

Bravo guys. *Slow claps*
Looking between the stairs and Smith, then turning to fight, is probably my favorite "hero accepting his destiny" moment in cinema

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
Should've added to this thread the other day, but it looks like they're using the former temporary bus terminal lot to house the vehicles as well as working garage for their mechanics.

I was walking by the other day during my commute - I had seen cars start to be parked there in recent days but didn't put it together till I saw seat vans and a car with its top chopped off lol

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keanu will rock that look in all his films it seems. I don't like it really - dos not fit Neo.
Is it really so hard to believe? The clothes are different. The plugs in his arms and head are gone. His hair has changed. His appearance now what is called residual self image. It is the mental projection of his digital self.

Fit Neo? What is Neo? How do you define Neo? If you're talking about what you felt, what you saw in the previous Matrix movies. Then Neo is just electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Is it really so hard to believe? The clothes are different. The plugs in his arms and head are gone. His hair has changed. His appearance now what is called residual self image. It is the mental projection of his digital self.

Fit Neo? What is Neo? How do you define Neo? If you're talking about what you felt, what you saw in the previous Matrix movies. Then Neo is just electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
Hmm. Nah. Neo for me is not John Wick or Johnny Silverhand.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
His hobo beard kinda fits the whole Jesus thing at least.

He was somehow convinced to shave for Bill and Ted 3 tho

btftm_20190708_pp_0173.jpg

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Whoa, he has grey hair too. A beard grows back faster than hair obviously so no big deal there.

I don't mind his look. Jesus or not, he looks cool.

So, what are the theories? Why are these two alive? Matrix within a Matrix?
In The Matrix Online, Neo and Trinity were special because and had minds that could run as digital code. Copies of their minds could survive after physical death. Trinity was repurposed as a unique kind of Agent. I thought the Wachowskis had some plot input into TMO. The movie could be mining it for ideas.

Or it could be something entirely different.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
In The Matrix Online, Neo and Trinity were special because and had minds that could run as digital code. Copies of their minds could survive after physical death. Trinity was repurposed as a unique kind of Agent. I thought the Wachowskis had some plot input into TMO. The movie could be mining it for ideas.

Or it could be something entirely different.

Hmm, what? Is there some link for this and all the other important story beats present in that one? Also, is it canon?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty hyped. I think I'm going to do a rewatch in the next few days. The first movie is an all time favorite. Second is definitely amazing. Third was good.

Same. I was in high school during The Matrix craze, this is bringing back so many damn memories.

The Year of The Matrix!

20030512_400.jpg

We even got SARS back!
I was so big on The Matrix in high school too. I remember getting way into the ps2 games, and I read a philosophy of the matrix book for a class. My history teacher and I exchanged a ton of theories after the 2nd movie.

Jan 10, 2018

Neo never died. He sacrificied himself Jesus style on a cross of light, do the math on the rest. And the Oracle flatout said she believes he will return.

Trinity had some code leftovers in Matrix. But she made a sacrifice which should have ended her for real, but you know, they can ignore that. TMO is canon, but its not like anyone will mind. Also humans are created and the nature of the Matrix world itself allows a return from anyone.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Guessing that they were reborn somehow when the Matrix was rebooted/updated at the end of revolutions. I would think this Neo is basically a different character (thus the appearance) who will once again learn the ropes of manipulating reality in the Matrix.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy that they've already started filming and we didn't get any story leaks. If this were a Terminator film or a Star Wars film we would already know everything down to the ending lol

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Seeing these vids like Keanu and Carrie on the bike and that crazy ass wire stunt it's kinda surreal that this movie is happening.

Like hell, even with the somewhat tepid reaction of the last two movies, which I personally liked, it's going to be intriguing to delve into this world again and I'm hoping Lana is able to knock it out of the park.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Neo's very modern day Keanu look almost has me convinced that Lana is attempting a sort of Wes Craven's New Nightmare angle with The Matrix 4 and that it's not Neo, it's... well... Keanu! Imagine that: the original trilogy gets to live in its own context as movies that exist and this new movie could be an in-continuity reboot!

Actually, on second thoughts, that might be too ridiculous even for this franchise. I'll lay off the crack.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm thinking Neo physically returns to Zion (his body was taken away, no indication he was dead) either on his own or after some people plug into the Matrix to get him back.

Trinity existing in the Matrix is probably what draws him/his interest in returning.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
My opinion of the last two movies improved substantially since seeing them about two months ago. I'm hype for more of this wirework too.

May 26, 2018
man this movie is gonna be fucking crazy

like almost david lynch levels of nuttiness but it's gonna be super gay and energetic on top of that

Who knows if it'll be any good but fuck it if I won't be there to see Paul Thomas Anderson Wick talking some mad game about who even fucking knows

FPS murderer

Oct 27, 2017
SLC, UT
I hope the hole other previous ones mythos is further explored. I mean, Neo was unique but was the 6th iteration. I get the feeling this is about the 7th one, and maybe Keanu is helping him. I mean, come on, Keanu is already 50ish, the body can only take that much beating...

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the trucks on Hyde and Market today and saw some crews yesterday. Biggest fucking production I have ever seen on a street