• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
2 is still a great movie IMO and 3 whilst definitely the worst one is still pretty good. Not sure how they'll continue the story but fuck it I'll be there either way.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
We have tea, cookies and glitching cats!

Oh, it's been a while since I last watched them. Maybe I'll do the same, and I'll see how it goes then!

This weekend! Let's get a watch-along thread going. I am worried about Revolutions though, Zion (and that annoying Kid) wasn't the most fun place to visit. Love the mechs though.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
If the wachowski's are involved my interest is tepid at best based on 2 and 3.

So yeah new Matrix=cool. Wachowski involvement=back to non excitement.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Question: who's gonna do the soundtrack? Will Don Davis return? Can we get the Han the ZimZam to step in if Don's not available?

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
I'll read the spoilers and then figure out if it's still worth trying to watch the film. No outstanding interest as of this moment.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I rewatched all three films a while ago. They have not aged well, and are def. products of their time.

These are lies. Lies and tomfoolery.

The Matrix is a timeless action masterpiece, which by the by looks better than essentially every single modern blockbuster not titled Fury Road.

gK1lr92.gif

7WoAnWK.gif

1b0Sdeo.gif

eF2dzcx.gif

nFc8v4C.gif

xEpPCXO.gif

Vj15pfL.gif

cxftnGc.gif

The staging and composition in The Matrix is out of this world. Nearly every shot is an iconic piece of sci-fi imagery. And that's the fucking tea, as the kids say.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
This is totally blowing my mind.
This could be really really really fucking good, or jupiter ascending levels of bad.

Interesting how this will work from a story perspective.

I'm trying to imagine Keanu without a beard and short hair. It's been so long I feel it'll look weird without the wick look LOL

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
I love the OG trilogy, even the sequels

not sure what a fourth movie could add, esp if they're seemingly retconning the story to bring back neo and trinity??

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
These are lies. Lies and tomfoolery.

The Matrix is a timeless action masterpiece, which by the by looks better than essentially every single modern blockbuster not titled Fury Road.

gK1lr92.gif

7WoAnWK.gif

1b0Sdeo.gif

eF2dzcx.gif

nFc8v4C.gif

xEpPCXO.gif

Vj15pfL.gif

cxftnGc.gif

The staging and composition in The Matrix is out of this world. Nearly every shot is an iconic piece of sci-fi imagery. And that's the fucking tea, as the kids say.

wow .. this movie aged like fine wine

even the action sequences today are *chef kiss*

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
This will be fucking awful but I cant wait to watch it.

Matrix 2 and 3 are wonderful car crashes

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Retcon everything by revealing that the "real world" in the previous films was simply another Matrix. It was a simulation within a simulation!

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
David Mitchell being involved has my eyebrows raised, his latest books have been a far cry from his early work.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they can do something good but I have a feeling its going to be garbage, considering 2/3'ds of the Matrix movies (excluding animated/games) is not very good and pretty much everything the Wachowski's have done in the past decade has been bad.

Seeing the first Matrix in Dolby theater Aug 30th so that should be fun too

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take it. I don't care how bad those sequels were, The Matrix is one of the seminal films of my life and I'll always want more of that world.

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Excited however will reserve judgement. The Wachowskis have been mediocre at best since the Matrix.

With today's tech however this could be a spectacle. Bring it on.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the first one recently and it's amazing how well it's held up-it's perfect.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just want more fights like the dojo and Trinity's cop fight scene, please no CG agents flying everywhere like in Matrix Reloaded.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Washowskis set to revive a franchise with ideas collected over 20 years: "YAYYYY new Matrix FINALLY!"

Roland Emmerich: "Good luck with that..."