• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to everyone involved. I just bought mine from BB since it finally went on sale plus I got the GCU discount.

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch is not included in the superhero game comp set.

This is a "is a hot dog a sandwich" kind of question.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Literally just started playing it today.

Controls are very finicky for me so far, but I think I'll get used to them eventually.

Like I hate that you can't remap the dodge button to the same as the Arkham games.
And while swinging around I find it a little confusing at times because the dash forward (X button) is a different button than the lock-on dash (right trigger).

Like I said I'll get used to it after a while, it's just a bit confusing getting started.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations!

You have participated in the Spider-Man niche meme. Your reference to this meme speaks to your keen understanding of internet and gaming culture. We're looking forward to your future contributions to the forum with references to the Spider-Man niche meme and more.

I forgot about that niche meme. fun times that was.

Oct 31, 2017
Sad-Batman-et-le-cafe_width1024.jpg
LMAO!

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Congratulations!

You have participated in the Spider-Man niche meme. Your reference to this meme speaks to your keen understanding of internet and gaming culture. We're looking forward to your future contributions to the forum with references to the Spider-Man niche meme and more.

Lol damn, were you the one to call it niche or something to get so salty ovet those comments?

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations to Spider-Man, well deserved for this game.

Well, the next challenger is already approaching with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. And if Nintendo gets the marketing right, that could definitly beat Spiderman cuz Switch is breaking every record anyway.
I don't think they will beat it but by how cheap looking MAU3 i'm guessing they're gonna get huge profit relative to budget.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
This niche meme needs to die.
One fucking guy said it. It needs to stop because it was great for about a week but now it's just getting tiresome.
Let it go
now that its cool to hate on the niche meme, im gonna counter-counter the niche meme hate by going back to the niche meme

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
This niche meme needs to die.
One fucking guy said it. It needs to stop because it was great for about a week but now it's just getting tiresome.
Let it go
Perhaps only he said niche but he wasn't the only one with that sentiment. Lots of people were saying it wouldn't do well based on previous Spider-Man games never doing anything hot.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
It was actually a lady that called spider man niche. And of course, she probably meant with her initial post that the games for spider man were relatively niche. And in a way she wasn't wrong, the spider man games before this one didn't exactly light the charts on fire. But yeah, whatever.

Oct 26, 2017
You will, my brain and my muscle memory were in Arkham mode for a few hours, but after that everything clicked just fine.
Nice to know I wasn't the only one. Albeit, to be fair, the game is somewhat similar

It was actually a lady that called spider man niche. And of course, she probably meant with her initial post that the games for spider man were relatively niche. And in a way she wasn't wrong, the spider man games before this one didn't exactly light the charts on fire. But yeah, whatever.
That would explain it

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Well deserved. I wasn't too thrilled with the DLC, but the main game was just spectacular. I'm really excited for the sequel.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
Even though open world was pretty ordinary, I haven't had this fun controlling a character in years. I really thought at first no way it'll defeat Super Mario Odyssey in fun factor, but it did for me.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Spiderman games did very well in the early 2000s?

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

Yeah but still, they said Tomb Raider has more mainstream appeal and a wider selection of consoles.

Wrong about the first part, right about the second. Spider-Man's success in sales showed that the latter didn't matter either.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Amazing. I do wonder if this level of success will see a push into more superhero game's with this level of budget. Then again it's hard to replicate spidey's success.

But I thought Batman was the more popular superhero!? Everyone kept saying Batman had the merchandising and the clout!

Who said that? Spider-Man has always been the biggest seller of merchandise. People love attacking bogeymen to make even their incredibly popular products seem like underdogs.

Matesamo

Nov 1, 2017
Rhode Island
I just bought a PS4 for my son just to be able to play Spider-Man with him. I'll also get a chance to play some others I have missed like Uncharted 4 and Shenmue 3 when it comes out but Spider-Man was the driving force behind it.

Ultimate Alliance will be lucky to sell a quarter of what Spider-Man does, let's be real here.

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing. I do wonder if this level of success will see a push into more superhero game's with this level of budget. Then again it's hard to replicate spidey's success.

Who said that? Spider-Man has always been the biggest seller of merchandise. People love attacking bogeymen to make even their incredibly popular products seem like underdogs.

Lol The only reason why I brought it up is because if you actually were in the original thread, there were plenty of people extolling that Spider-Man was no longer as popular of a hero as Batman and Superman and that they had the clout and merchandising over Spidey, especially when talking about the Arkham Knight series. No one is attacking bogeymen over here sir.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Well deserved.......now re-use those New York City assets you've spent years creating and get that next game out as a launch PS5 game and I won't even be mad......I just wanna continue the story,lol.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
But I thought Batman was the more popular superhero!? Everyone kept saying Batman had the merchandising and the clout!
in their defense , spidey had never had a game do this well, people need to know that this game is a super outlier

also i think arkham knight had very mediocre word of mouth , good game but wonky story at times , mid boss battles as well as the damn tank missions , spidey was a good surprise , arkham knight dissapointed fans

Oct 25, 2017
in their defense , spidey had never had a game do this well, people need to know that this game is a super outlier

also i think arkham knight had very mediocre word of mouth , good game but wonky story at times , mid boss battles as well as the damn tank missions , spidey was a good surprise , arkham knight dissapointed fans
In its own right, AK was a good game. In comparison to its predecessors, man. Quite the letdown.

I feel AA is the best one.