• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majin Boo

Oct 26, 2017
I was one of the people who thought that Putin acts rational and logical, after this speech I am ready to change my opinion. This is crazy and won't end well.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It's a bluff until he attempts to take over all of Ukraine. A speech doesn't really mean much from a strongman without the actions.

If he does go off the deep end with actions then hoping someone in his government pushes him aside to stop him, if anything acting like this and going all the way likely makes him look unhinged and weak to his opponents in Russia.
That's like saying I was bluffing when I said I was going to punch you while I am kicking the crap out of you. Yes I haven't technically punched you yet, but I have made my intentions pretty clear.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
The whole speech was just about Russian imperialism and Russian right to own all the former Soviet republics plus maybe Finland and parts of Poland.

Nothing about NATO, nothings about the separatists.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
I am not able to follow whatever cringe bullshit come out of this senile fool's mouth…
My brain is melting

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Another cracker for the "IT'S ALL NATO'S FAULT!" brigade to chew over.

Yeah, Putin is at least on coherent ground when this whole thing is an elaborate troll of the the West's logic on national identity behind Kosovo — majority Russian areas should be Russian or at least independent of a non-Russian state — even if he has to make up the genocide this time to make it into more than just a land grab, but then he gives speeches like this where he directly contradicts all of that by revealing his actual beliefs, a total disdain for post-1918 concepts of national identity altogether, a world where borders are entirely a product of relations between imperial powers and the identity of the people there irrelevant.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Putin is deranged. At some point NATO will need to do something, even if the threat of nukes is there. This is insane.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is legitimately terrifying exactly because this is a rambling, deranged historical revisionism rant. This is not a cold, calculating dictator laying out his reasoning, this is Putin living in cloud cuckoo land

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
now he is claiming the Crimean Tartar people are Radical Islamic terrorists who threaten Russia as justification on Crimea.

listerine

Jul 6, 2021
The Russians are 100% invading. It's just a matter of when at this point. Ukrainian president needs to be on a jet to London NOW.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Saying Ukraine is turning back on its own past, is a puppet for foreign militaries...

I really doubt this is ending peacefully

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
So what happens when they take a new part of Ukraine now? How long until they take the whole Ukraine? The salami slicing indeed. Fuck this shit.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
How likely is it that the Russian population will do anything about it? Or is what they want, a possible war with the west?

Insane shit

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is a deranged, insane and scary as fuck speech. He almost immediately transitioned from talking about the specific "independent regions" to saying that all of these nations that left the USSR, particularly Ukraine doesn't deserve to exist as it is and belongs to Russia is just frightening. At this point even if it's all propaganda warmongering some of the things he has said are so damaging and destabilizing that even the best case of no actual immediate military action is insane and horrible.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I think this speech explains also why all the big Russian puppeteers looked so terrified in the stream earlier.

AzureJet

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if this is just trying to look crazy because he's out of options to negotiate.

Status
Not open for further replies.