• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017

EDIT: Quoting the tweet.

Pursuant to allegations made by pro wrestler Liz Savage on her Twitter account, 6/18/2020, NWA VP David Lagana has resigned his position, effective immediately. As well all production of NWA content is temporarily halted, pending a restructuring of executive management positions.

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
Look, I'm sorry and I really have incredible sympathy for what she went through but if that accusation is true (the photographs) it's an absolute disgrace that she didn't go the police.

I'm a secondary teacher and the thought of that is terrifying.

Taking pictures of schoolgirls in public is the creepiest shit but I don't think the police are going to do much about it.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
I hope stuff about Jerry Lawler come out. Can't believe he lasted this long when him being a huge creep was well known.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Kevin Nash was implying Jim Cornette was into weird sex stuff 20+ years ago

C5IqIOIWMAEFryE

I always thought it was weird when Cornette once said that he took a piece of Shawn Michaels hair and took it home with him. lol

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
That's one way to say something without actually saying anything about the accusations...

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I would have been OK with that response if we had only heard the accusation of Havok being in a toxic relationship where he mentally abused his partner with his own self harm, as that was clearly rooted in some deep personal problems (and his known alcohol problems). Mental abuse is no joke, but the second accusation though went much farther and it is not something that should ever be done, even with his issues.
Havok clearly needs some help and counceling and come clean. Preferably not wrestling for some time to get away from a toxic cycle.

On the other hand, I also kind of appreciate AEW not dumping him if he is in the middle of treatment and counceling as that could lead to him spiraling out of control instead of trying to come clean.

Basically, he needs to be kicked out of AEW and say sorry to the victims and try to do an honest effort to change.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
that AEW press release on Havoc is actually pissing me off as it makes it look like HE'S the victim

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I would have been OK with that response if we had only heard the accusation of Havok being in a toxic relationship where he mentally abused his partner with his own self harm, as that was clearly rooted in some deep personal problems (and his known alcohol problems). Mental abuse is no joke, but the second accusation though went much farther and it is not something that should ever be done, even with his issues.
Havok clearly needs some help and counceling and come clean. Preferably not wrestling for some time to get away from a toxic cycle.

On the other hand, I also kind of appreciate AEW not dumping him if he is in the middle of treatment and counceling as that could lead to him spiraling out of control instead of trying to come clean.

Basically, he needs to be kicked out of AEW and say sorry to the victims and try to do an honest effort to change.
I guess it depends if they had that statement prepared before the rape story was tweeted out. That's the only acceptable reason for the way that statement is worded. If what they said it's intended to cover everything, then fucking yikes.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The @exposewrestling account is gone

Hope it's on police advice and not because they had motives, saw some back and forth hinting it was a UK indie promoter earlier

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is funny how Tony Khan was more worried about Linda Hogan saying dumb shit than punishing one of your wrestlers who has a lot of evidence against him related to sexual abuse

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just got aware of all of this and two inital thoughts:
- These are a lot of names. Does anybody have an easy list to see who accused who and what already happened to them?
- I'm not surprised that this shit is happening in these numbers in this industry. It's already hard enough for me to enjoy
Wrestling, knowing how many and who supports Trump and Co. but this makes it even harder.

The AEW statement regarding Havoc is... oof. They are phrasing it, like he is the victim of his drug abuse.
The I assume initial Progress statement = Weak sauce (Have only seen it after the update, but from what I have gathered online... yikes).
The Cornette stuff is wild and that David Lagana is a Piece of shit, well that has been known for a while

jml

Mar 9, 2018
The @exposewrestling account is gone

Hope it's on police advice and not because they had motives, saw some back and forth hinting it was a UK indie promoter earlier
imo that account's existence was doing more harm than good and it's for the best that it's gone. I have doubts as to how much they were vetting anything that was coming in and they were posting a bunch of vague lists without going into any details about what the guys were accused of. In the end I think that account was just muddying the waters. Maybe whoever made it had good intentions in the beginning but they got in over their heads really quickly.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how many more terrible things that wrestlers and wrestling companies will have to do before fans stop being able to hand wave away their support...
Look at the laundry list of evil things Vince and wwe has done over decades and how they still have a hardcore base that defends them. People will find ways to deflect from the issues and still support.

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
i'm starting to think professional wrestling isn't a good thing.

It isn't at all when it comes to issues like these and many others. Fans love it despite the deep seated, endemic and very problematic issues that ruin large parts of it.

Partly, the reason why AEW got so big so quickly was just how much of a break it took from the usual, conservative, ass backwards norms of a wrestling company. Indeed the people who run it and thought of it are far more attuned to the modern millennial market then any of its competitors.

It's an exception to the rule.

Oct 25, 2017
Partly, the reason why AEW got so big so quickly was just how much of a break it took from the usual, conservative, ass backwards norms of a wrestling company. Indeed the people who run it and thought of it are far more attuned to the modern millennial market then any of its competitors.

They got big because it was "Not WWE" and it had some big name people attached it. They're not some progressive company in terms of how they're handling things. It's more or less the same shit but with fresher faces attached to it.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Re-posting this from the AEW thread.

Apparently there is a Florida law that says if you've entered yourself into rehab your employer can't fire you. Saw it mentioned, looked into it and found this.

January 10, 2019
Addiction can ruin or take a life. Rehab is often the only way toward a cure. Deciding whether to go to rehab for addiction treatment can be lifesaving and can be a benefit to finances and quality of life down the line. However, it is a difficult decision to make.
One of the top reasons individuals who know they are suffering from addiction do not check into rehab is that they are concerned they will lose their jobs. Rehab can be a considerable expense, and the fear of not having a job to return to compounds the stress. This is even worse if the addict has a family depending on him or her.
Fortunately, in some scenarios a person can attend rehab while keeping his or her job. If you're seeking legal advice for your specific case, contact our office today to speak with a Tampa employment lawyer. Our attorneys can guide you towards your best legal options.

fgbolaw.com

Florin Gray

Addiction can ruin or take a life. Rehab is often the only way toward a cure. Deciding whether to go to rehab for addiction treatment can be lifesaving and can be a benefit to finances and quality of life down the line. However, it is a...

Don't get caught up in the corporate minutia too much. It sounds like Jimmy is done.

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
They got big because it was "Not WWE" and it had some big name people attached it. They're not some progressive company in terms of how they're handling things. It's more or less the same shit but with fresher faces attached to it.

Which is why I said partly? As in one part of a larger piece of the puzzle as to why they got so big so quickly, and signed a seven figure deal within 6 months of coming to tv.

Oh and I'll call them not wwe or whatever that shit means when they start actively demonising the minority based wrestlers they have and use them as props and tools so they can try to get the whole of the world to laugh at them or put them down almost all the time due to the skin colour or sexuality. Must've missed the memo when they put a black and Native American, transgender person as the champion over at wwe whilst booking her strongly and featuring her prominently on media.Then put her as the face of the division.

I've already acknowledged the whole progressive angle and how it's dangerous to apply it to this company, on this very forum. At best AEW is a very liberal company, at worst it's centric or indifferent.

Oct 25, 2017
Which is why I said partly? As in one part of a larger piece of the puzzle as to why they got so big so quickly, and signed a seven figure deal within 6 months of coming to tv.

Oh and I'll call them not wwe or whatever that shit means when they start actively demonising the minority based wrestlers they have and use them as props and tools so they can try to get the whole of the world to laugh at them or put them down almost all the time due to the skin colour or sexuality. Must've missed the memo when they put a black and Native American, transgender person as the champion over at wwe whilst booking her strongly and featuring her prominently on media.Then put her as the face of the division.

I've already acknowledged the whole progressive angle and how it's dangerous to apply it to this company, on this very forum. At best AEW is a very liberal company, at worst it's centric or indifferent.

My "not wwe" comment was about how they were able to grow quickly. AS in "another competitor to WWE with big financial backing a good tv deal".

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Is funny how Tony Khan was more worried about Linda Hogan saying dumb shit than punishing one of your wrestlers who has a lot of evidence against him related to sexual abuse
That was always a faux-woke thing to say, there would never ever be any reason for Linda Hogan of all people to appear on Dynamite or any AEW show at all. It is equivalent to Khan banning Kid Rock or Ben Shapiro And yes it's incredibly bad and poorly thought out when you have a guy like Hager and his BS and the others that have been accused.