• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
The woman who started the ball rolling on all this with David Starr also accused Jack Gallagher. That would be his second so far.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Posted about this in the wrasslin thread the other night when the DAvid Starr allegations first came out.

I think very few people are surprised about David Starr, at least, those who have spent any time around him.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
There's a shoot interview with Marty Jannetty from a while back where they talked about The Rockers putting "gimmicks" in women's drinks.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
What the fuck. As someone who is relatively new to the wrestling scene.. I had no idea all of this shit was happening. Just catching up with all of it now.

Burn it down then. Sometimes it takes one or two people to get the ball rolling and others feel more comfortable with sharing their stories/experiences.

They are brave as hell

Wrestling have some of the highest highs, also is drenched with the lowest of lows.

Carny be applied to it isnt derivative, it's a sad reminder of the how modern wrestling came about from the circuses.

I have little faith in AEW doing anything

I have little faith outside of some Indy promotion no one knows about of any company doing anything substantial.

Wrestling isnt a progressive bastion and far, far,far,far from it. At best we have very liberal, liberal or centric promotions like aew go to the biggest of stages, so progress is possible just extremely slow.

Modern wrestling was born out of the deep south of the US, a place drenched in the worst of humanity.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017

And of course jim cornette answering in the most Jim Cornette way possible. Disgusting and infuriating

EDIT: Also, Jim Cornette embarrasing himself not knowing how facebook works:

Last edited:

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

And of course jim cornette answering in the most Jim Cornette way possible. Disgusting and infuriating

He feels comfortable with that because as long as there are no charges his fans won't care. Hell they probably won't care if there are. We still see people pop up on era saying they listen to his podcast after everything we knew before.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
A few weeks ago Jannetty posted a Facebook post about a girl hitting him up and asking others if she looked under 18 before he would smash. Everyone was like wtf Marty?!

Edit: here it is,
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10219673654086207&id=1062725443&sfnsn=mo

wwe-marty-jannettys-daughter.jpg

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
TJP is accusing women of abuse

riddle is saying his accuser is lying and he gad to get a restraining order

messy af

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

It's hard to share this, but Chase Owens is yet another wrestler with a history of sexual misconduct.

After seeing how strong so many people have been in the last 24 hours in opening up about wrestlers that have made inappropriate sexual advances, it makes me feel more comfortable to finally open up about my experiences with Chase Owens, both personal and what I've seen him do and heard him talk about regarding other women. As I am afraid of losing my bookings by coming forward with my name, I will omit certain details that would reveal my identity but try to share as much as I can without doing so. Prior to his move to Japan, Chase and I worked multiple shows together across the southeast of the US in Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, and South Carolina. He would often travel with other wrestlers in the area, such as Ricky Morton or Matt Sigmon. Because he is such a talented worker, he always got a pass with his behavior at shows. He made multiple advances at me, even after multiple attempts to shut him down. Before I started wrestling myself, I was still around in locker rooms so I was around him when I was 16 years old. He asked me how old I was, and I replied "16." He said, "18?", and I said "No, 16." He kept on trying to get me to say that I was 18 so that his behavior would be justified in trying to get me to sleep with him. He also on multiple accounts would tell stories in the locker room about hooking up with "rats" as the boys called them that he knew were "close enough" to 18. I've also seen Chase bully locker room members that had relationships go south to give the number of the girl that person was dating to him because he "had always wanted to fuck them." He also bragged about how he tried to get a married male wrestler to have a threesome with him and another girl he pressured into having sex with him. The married wrestler refused to do so, but he would tell this story like it was a badge of honor that he almost got a married man to cheat on his wife so that they could fuck a fan. Chase is a disgusting human being. He has been protected by the good ol' boys system for far too long simply because he is a good worker. If other women are brave enough to talk about how shitty this industry can be, then I'm going to do the same.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
This is absolutely insane. I'm glad the victims are comfortable coming forward, and hopefully this can help to weed out this bullshit from what otherwise seems like an industry heading toward full inclusiveness.

Not to take away from the women coming forward, but the Cornette stuff is just so bizarre and unsettling, it feels out of left field but then you see things like Janela tweeting about it months ago and it seems like a big ol open secret. Glad someone called his ass out.

It was more or less an open secret on the local wrestling scene that Cornette and his wife were swingers and had "hot tub parties" with talent, but the whole "push for pay" part of it is new.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
God damn this has gone crazy

I really hope the guys running @exposewrestling are doing some fact checking; no doubt a lot of these if not all are true but at the moment anyone could throw a name in and not back it up and not give the accused the right of reply.

Some of the companies have questions to answer; the likes of Progress and ICW have had a lot of this happen under their noses

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
When MeToo was at its height, people said they were shocked that the dam didn't break on all the shit that goes down on professional wrestling. Well, looks like it finally broke.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
It's a major problem everywhere (understatement I know) but I find it interesting that the UK seems to be... maybe not quite an epicenter but there definitely seems to be some shit going on in the UK wrestling scene.

Havoc now accused of rape.

Yeah, Havoc is gone since he is already in trouble.

It still amazes me that Micheals was the one to turn it around.

Yeah Havoc has to go. Dude seems like he has issues which I can sympathize with but that excuses nothing. I could be wrong (this stuff has all come in so hot) but in addition to giving AEW headaches in the past Havoc has the most direct and detailed accusations levied at him of all the AEW people, correct? There's no way he gets through this with his job, right?

So for AEW the current list is: Havoc, Darby, Hager and Bea, correct? The Hager one was an indirect accusation for something terrible from 2013 so he's unfortunately probably going to come through this fine. And what were the specifics for the Darby & Bea situations? I know the Darby tweet got deleted. Basically I'm trying to determine the likelihood of AEW acting on any of this. Havoc feels very possible to me but the rest feel unlikely. Though Bea may have possibility too since I don't think AEW has had a hard long term contract with her?

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's a major problem everywhere (understatement I know) but I find it interesting that the UK seems to be... maybe not quite an epicenter but there definitely seems to be some shit going on in the UK wrestling scene.

Yeah Havoc has to go. Dude seems like he has issues which I can sympathize with but that excuses nothing. I could be wrong (this stuff has all come in so hot) but in addition to giving AEW headaches in the past Havoc has the most direct and detailed accusations levied at him of all the AEW people, correct? There's no way he gets through this with his job, right?

So for AEW the current list is: Havoc, Darby, Hager and Bea, correct? The Hager one was an indirect accusation for something terrible from 2013 so he's unfortunately probably going to come through this fine. And what were the specifics for the Darby & Bea situations? I know the Darby tweet got deleted. Basically I'm trying to determine the likelihood of AEW acting on any of this. Havoc feels very possible to me but the rest feel unlikely. Though Bea may have possibility too since I don't think AEW has had a hard long term contract with her?
The Darby thing was vague. As for Bea she and Will got a women who accused their friend blacklisted from UK wrestling or something. That's been known for a while though so I doubt they do anything.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
When MeToo was at its height, people said they were shocked that the dam didn't break on all the shit that goes down on professional wrestling. Well, looks like it finally broke.
It helps that wrestlers didn't have as much to lose now with a pandemic stopping most wrestling and a lot of good will with wrestling has tanked since then (yes I know it wasn't as good to begin with, but dealing with Saudi Arabia and restarting matches in the middle of a pandemic has been new lows that has been made its issues more public).

Lonewolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon

Justin Roberts now too:

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Like what times are you referring to? Do you believe cancel culture exists? Why do you believe saying something offensive shouldn't generate a negative reaction?

Bill Maher and Howard Stern as of late are two examples. I won't defend all of their actions but Maher is on HBO (a premium cable channel) and Stern is on Sirius XM (satellite radio although that has quite a few ads), so that should allow a little more leeway. If you rely on sponsors, that is a little different. What Opie and Anthony did in separate incidents to get fired was way worse.

I will say though that since the pandemic, I haven't watched Maher nearly as much.

To take this back on topic, maybe Kevin Dunn was right all those years ago... You know Jim, I find you tiresome.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the music industry was remarkably unscathed at the time, I'm sure it'll eventually break there too.

Music industry def got rocked a bit during that, but that's an area that's always been ongoing.

The Darby thing was vague. As for Bea she and Will got a women who accused their friend blacklisted from UK wrestling or something. That's been known for a while though so I doubt they do anything.

It was vague in that they didn't mention his name, but people knew enough to figure it out.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Music industry def got rocked a bit during that, but that's an area that's always been ongoing.

It was vague in that they didn't mention his name, but people knew enough to figure it out.
I didn't see whatever the post that didn't name him said. Only the one that said he was an abuser. I was only refering to that since I never found/connected the dots on what post was about him.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Who knows what the contract side of things looks like for removing people. That's going to be a whole other side of it. But hell, if they have to pay these people to sit home, then that's what they should do.

Lonewolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Who knows what the contract side of things looks like for removing people. That's going to be a whole other side of it. But hell, if they have to pay these people to sit home, then that's what they should do.

In the WWE's case, it's right in their contracts as default that they can end the contract for a worker doing anything to damage their reputation in regards to public scandal. I'd be surprised if AEW didn't have similar. Smaller promotions will probably have an even easier time cutting ties with people.