• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
This stuff has Bonk written all over it. Clearly an inspiration.

The Dry Bones thing looks like something from a Mega Man game.

Is that an early version of Sushi from SM64?

Sushi_64.png

I thought this was a different one, not that guy, some different guy who hacked ique servers.

It's all from the same guy it seems. Not all the stuff has been made public.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the story for Seiken Densetsu 3?
11. While the Secret of Mana remake was not on Switch, Trials of Mana is thanks to fan feedback over the lack of Mana on the console. Oyamada said that Collection of Mana was Switch-exclusive because they had to actually get the code for the games from Nintendo, meaning the Switch made sense.

www.gameinformer.com

Trials of Mana Preview - Decades In The Making - Game Informer

The remake for an unlocalized JRPG gem got announced today and we got to talk to the developers behind it.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Thinking of it, I wonder if they'll find the true purpose of the blue jays and the "cage" that exist in the final SMW build but are unused.

What's the story for Seiken Densetsu 3?

It's one of those games that time period Square lost the source code of, I think Xenogears was another along others. Turns out Nintendo had it and gave it to them, which supposedly is why the Collection of Mana exists and is a Switch exclusive thing.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
www.gameinformer.com

Trials of Mana Preview - Decades In The Making - Game Informer

The remake for an unlocalized JRPG gem got announced today and we got to talk to the developers behind it.
Thinking of it, I wonder if they'll find the true purpose of the blue jays and the "cage" that exist in the final SMW build but are unused.

It's one of those games that time period Square lost the source code of, I think Xenogears was another along others. Turns out Nintendo had it and gave it to them, which supposedly is why the Collection of Mana exists and is a Switch exclusive thing.
tenor.gif

Thanks for the reply.

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand - is this ANOTHER leak or the same one as before?
At first I thought it might have been the same one (Pokemon DP stuff at least seems that way, it matches the early Gen 4 sprites and screenshots released) but the Nintendo specific stuff was something I never even heard whispers about, this could be a third breach.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017

That is a cool story.

Maybe a hacker can find the Xenogears source code and give it back to them <.<

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
At this rate, Nintendo's going to shoot somebody. Not sue them to oblivion, but outright murder them in plain sight with satisfaction. Like killing a bug that's been pestering inside your house for hours

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
So what are the chances we get that early Super Mario World prototype with the different island and the raccoon tail Mario?

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
At first I thought it might have been the same one (Pokemon DP stuff at least seems that way, it matches the early Gen 4 sprites and screenshots released) but the Nintendo specific stuff was something I never even heard whispers about, this could be a third breach.
Nah, this is clearly the same source. It's obvious because they always release the full CVS files and also because there's almost always something related to iQue/BroadOn.

HayaoYamaneko

Feb 15, 2018
Couldn't not make this my avatar.

I think the potential for unheard BGMs/alternate arrangements excites me even more than anything else.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
AIRPLANE LAKITU??????????????????????????? Nintendo could still publish a book on all this stuff. And people would buy it.

Also. ALERT: Someone needs to CTRL F for the original DONKEY KONG COUNTRY CGI FILES. Now is our chance, disciples.
I am extremely curious if Nintendo had the original 3D models of everything themselves. We know Rare lost a bunch of the original floppies when they went back to them for the GBA ports. So if Nintendo would still have them, a true HD remaster could be possible. Though even if they did have them, doubt they'd bother.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if this shit was public domain like music, movies, novels, and film.
That's not how this works. Copyright law has no effect on behind the scenes stuff, it functions the exact same whether something is released or not. It's all about whether the rightsholder wants to release it
So what are the chances we get that early Super Mario World prototype with the different island and the raccoon tail Mario?
Reread the thread, sprites from that are here

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
That is a cool story.

Maybe a hacker can find the Xenogears source code and give it back to them <.<

The matter is with that one is that if Squeenix doesn't have it then the only one that could have it is Sony.

That doesn't look like an early version.

Right, what I mean is that maybe they intended to have it in SMW then brought it back for SM64 in a different form, kind of like Nep-Enut in YI.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
That's not how this works. Copyright law has no effect on behind the scenes stuff, it functions the exact same whether something is released or not. It's all about whether the rightsholder wants to release it
I think you're forgetting the fact that games are different and the source code itself would provide for a lot of this behind the scenes stuff. Why would the source code not be provided or implemented into the public domain? Also you're doing nothing but emphasizing how outdated copyright law is.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Dry Bones thing looks like something from a Mega Man game.

Is that an early version of Sushi from SM64?

Sushi_64.png

That's what I thought too!

Also the big water dinosaur...I think that's an aquatic Blaarg, aka the Nep-Enut from Yoshi's Island.

In Japan Blaarg and Nep-Enut are given names implying they're of the same species. In Mario World, Blaarg is dinosaurian, but in Island, they're red blobs. The Nep-Enut wasn't in World, but in Island it appears as a blob like Blaarg, so reasoning is Nep-Enut if it had appeared in World would look something like that.

OP
OP
Lady Bow

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
ALttP Stuff

Ymm5dmY.png

HpeNUFw.png

lLgeBQU.png

Links Awakening Panther Enemy?

oOqgYyG.png

Sprite Sheet for Pajama Boy (Baby Mario precursor) in Yoshi's Island

Xkgddic.png

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think you're forgetting the fact that games are different and the source code itself would provide for a lot of this behind the scenes stuff. Why would the source code not be provided or implemented into the public domain?
You still have to get the source code first and the owner is under no obligation to share that.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo just won E3 with this leak.

All of this is a dream come true, I thought I would never see a SMW proto leak in my lifetime.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Is it possible to recompile these files into usable ROMs? I'd love to see a upscaled AI version of these games.

JoshuaJSlone

Dec 27, 2017
Indiana
That seems... strange. I can see how the source code would be useful in developing the new localized versions for other territories, but years earlier when it was just a Japan thing they could've grabbed a ROM from a thousand different sources and it shouldn't have made a difference.