• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Holy shit, CBS just read one line of the manifesto that was released. Literally verbatim said his attack an response to the Hispanic invasion of our country.

Thoughts and prayers for El Paso. This is horrifying and words really fail me with how fucked America is.
if cbs really read that, then that's enough to ascertain it's veracity. that manifesto ended up being real.

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah, this is all extremely fucked up. what the fuck kind of world are we living in???? i don't even know how mainstream media will begin to legitimately talk about this shit. they can barely talk about facebook/twitter nevermind something like fucking 8chan.

to even start on this would be attacking trump's racist rhetoric and his responsibility in all this, and i don't know if they'll ever be able to do that. they treat him with kid gloves.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Politicians' lives would have to be at risk.
Ha.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabby_Giffords
On January 8, 2011, just a week into her third term, Giffords was a victim of an assassination attempt near Tucson at the hands of gunman Jared Lee Loughner,[2][3][4][5] at a Safeway supermarket where she was meeting publicly with constituents.[4] Loughner shot Giffords in the head with a 33-round-magazine Glock pistol;[6][7] he shot twenty-four others, killing six and wounding eighteen, among them federal judge John Roll and a 9-year-old child, Christina-Taylor Green

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Also he was yet another white nationalist who blended saving the white race with saving the environment, which is probably how people will try to spin him as akshually being left wing.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
completely white nationalist. his manifesto was all about saving white america from hispanics taking over, race mixing, etc. and he posted in support of trump's wall/etc on his twitter.

same thing that radicalizes a lot of these disaffected young white males. toxic online communities, shitty racist role models, etc. trump, the christchurch shooter, easy availability to guns, these all play a part in why someone decides to do something awful like this.

the question is whether mainstream america will ever be awakened to these realities, or if they'll ignore it because it makes trump and racist republicans look like the shitbags they are.

In the circle of "cable news" I think I have literally only heard talk about the Chans on Chris Hayes' show. That's it.

If it's barely spoken of in consumable media, then a lot of people really are unaware of the rhetoric that's out in the open, that many of us who haven't been to any of the Chans in years know is going on.

EDIT: I was commenting on the additions here, so I accidentally thought this was a new post. My bad.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
if cbs really read that, then that's enough to ascertain it's veracity. that manifesto ended up being real.

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah, this is all extremely fucked up. what the fuck kind of world are we living in???? i don't even know how mainstream media will begin to legitimately talk about this shit. they can barely talk about facebook/twitter nevermind something like fucking 8chan.

to even start on this would be attacking trump's racist rhetoric and i don't know if they'll ever be able to do that.

I would bet the mainstream media is going to cease talking about this shooting and the manifesto in a few days.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
User Banned (3 Days) - Inflammatory Generalizations on Mental Health
Mod Edit - Do Not Give Them Attention

Last edited by a moderator:

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
In the circle of "cable news" I think I have literally only heard talk about the Chans on Chris Hayes' show. That's it.

If it's barely spoken of in consumable media, then a lot of people really are unaware of the rhetoric that's out in the open, that many of us who haven't been to any of the Chans in years know is going on.
I would bet the mainstream media is going to cease talking about this shooting and the manifesto in a few days.
seriously, there's a real disconnect here and that's part of why nothing can ever be done. the people/institutions in charge don't understand the threats involved and how to even tackle it. and just closing down 8chan/4chan will help 2000% but doesn't address the toxic nature of these communities and why it exists and why they help mold these terrorists.

hell, they don't even want to address gun control which would be the least they could do to mitigate future mass killings.

Theef

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
it's always one of these 4chan freaks, shut that website down already

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
He doesn't look like the happy type. Face screams all sorts of mental issues.
He looks perfectly normal looking dude. But I guess mental issues only apply to white people. Just like affluenza.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't even gotten over the Garlic Festival shooting.

That'll probably be forgotten now since it had a smaller body count.

Oct 27, 2017
He doesn't look like the happy type. Face screams all sorts of mental issues.

Nah, fuck that. Stop giving white conservative republican copouts.

Simply a fucking republican terrorist. Not a mental health issue. Not a lone wolf. Not troubled.

He is a symptom of the modern Republican Party and conservative part of this country. He is a republican terrorist.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh...I just read in a news story that there were probably a lot of back-to-school shoppers. As best I can tell, school starts back in El Paso in like ten days. Even in some po-dunk small town like mine, a Walmart on a Saturday is wall-to-wall packed with people. Add the fact that school is starting soon, and it was probably packed even more.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Like clockwork, someone with the 'mental health' defense chimes in.
You never see that when the person is Black or something else when they kill a bunch of people. I guess us White people just look mentally ill? Or maybe it's something else?

Nah, fuck that. Stop giving white conservative republican copouts.

Simply a fucking republican terrorist. Not a mental health issue. Not a lone wolf. Not troubled.

He is a symptom of the modern Republican Party and conservative part of this country. He is a republican terrorist.

Oh don't worry, we'll hear soon from Republicans how there is a mental health problem in America, not a gun problem, and they'll make sure absolutely nothing is done about THAT either.

Oct 27, 2017
You never see that when the person is Black or something else when they kill a bunch of people. I guess us White people just look mentally ill? Or maybe it's something else?

Oh don't worry, we'll hear soon from Republicans how there is a mental health problem in America, not a gun problem, and they'll make sure absolutely nothing is done about THAT either.

And that's the fucking problem.

Stop labeling these cunts simply white supremacists.

They should be labeled republican terrorists everywhere.

Who gives a shit if it hurts the feelings of terrorist enablers.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
Also he was yet another white nationalist who blended saving the white race with saving the environment, which is probably how people will try to spin him as akshually being left wing.

A sign of someone who isn't familiar with the actual far right if they think environmentalism isn't part of their main message these days.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
There's a severe dejected and lack of care look. It's synonymous with mental health issues.

Or maybe he's in shock, or maybe it's just a picture that took a second to take. It doesn't mean shit. I'll tell you what it is. As a White person, we see other White people in distress and want to feel sorry for them, so we try and make it seem like they might be a victim, somehow. I used to be that way too.

Deleted member 25445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Or maybe he's in shock, or maybe it's just a picture that took a second to take. It doesn't mean shit. I'll tell you what it is. As a White person, we see other White people in distress and want to feel sorry for them, so we try and make it seem like they might be a victim, somehow. I used to be that way too.
Oh I don't see him as the victim though. Fuck him all the way down to hell.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Guy on MSNBC talking about the Chans and how shooters like this really feel they're part of a movement and actions like this are a call to action, not lone wolf activities.

Can't wait to hear the lone wolf isolationism on Fox News tho, because he's white and it's really the Muslims who all work as a hivemind...