• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
There's a witness saying the shooter was saying "gamers rise up" and other such ravings and nonsense while he was going on his rampage. Pathetic.
… Dumbass, him not you.
I spent more than a year in El Paso and made lifelong friends there during that time. Those friends work in the media there, and the early reports I'm seeing of the number killed and injured are horrifying. I hope they're wrong.

Still waiting for a couple of my closest friends there to check in on Facebook, as well. :\
Do they live on the East Side if you know, generally speaking people from other sides of town don't really go to Cielo Vista.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Show me a gang of white 20 years old in tacticool headgear and sporting rifles.

Nomu

Oct 27, 2017
Just heard on a news stream that a witness heard the shooter say 'gamers rise up'. What the actual fuck?

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not to distract from the topic, but guns, like many adult things, are cool and fun while also being instruments of death. The difference is that cigarettes, drugs, alcohol, motorcycles, etc all have way less impact on society and they simply aren't worth the trade off that's happening.

If I had to choose between banning any of the above things, i know what I would start with.

Obviously hoping all of the people who are injured pull through and don't have any negative lasting effects.

Cigarettes and motorcycles are not instruments of death. They have mortality associated with them but guns are DESIGNED TO KILL HUMANS.

They're not remotely the same.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they caught the fucker alive. Death would have been an easy escape from justice.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
Some loser really just did a prank call to the NBC news station covering the shooting.

Oct 27, 2017
It's always some idiot who "isn't a racist I just don't think different races should have kids together".

These "rationalists" are utter fucking morons.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
So another alt right white supremacist mass shooting in the course of a week. Yet this fucking administration coddles them.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course this mother fucking is trying to give gamers a bad name. Nobody is surprised.

The media is gonna run with this.

There is a segment of the community that are being radicalized and no one takes it serious. I don't even like label myself a gamer because of these groups.

The media should they run with it and expose the industry that has an issue with young men being radicalized to perform these actions.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Sigh

My heart breaks for the victims and their families. Another day in America.

This shit is disgusting, and everyone in our government that has the power to do something about this has blood on their hands. Fucking deplorable pieces of shit.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
if this dude's twitter account is the same, it's unsurprisingly full of MAGA TRUMP bullshit

can we impeach and imprison this fucking piece of shit already?

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Ban guns.... Seriously it works... Look up how many mass shootings we've had here in the UK...

2 .... Ever ...

Awful news ....

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
This is sad.

Why aren't there calls to put a moratorium on gun sales until "we can figure out what's going on", like they did for travel from Muslim countries.

Oh right, he's white. Apparently going on a mass shooting spree is a right for these people.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
4QoSOGs.png

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
if this dude's twitter account is the same, it's unsurprisingly full of MAGA TRUMP bullshit

can we impeach and imprison this fucking piece of shit already?
How many people in America are dead today that wouldn't be if people didn't vote this hatemonger into office? Sad to think about. That Synagogue shooting wasn't even that long ago and many died there as well.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's gotten to the point that in every state in the USA, it's nervewracking every time you go to a public area that doesn't have metal detectors, security, or police surveying the area. It's fucking insane.

In basically every store or public venue I go to I know where the nearest exits are and I used to never think this way.

Oct 28, 2017
Alternately, when your side of town doesn't have shopping options you will go to other sides of town to go shopping.
True, but I'm only saying it because the West Side and Canutillo have Sunland Park Mall, the Northeast doesn't have one I believe so the closest to them depends on where they live whether it's Sunland or Cielo Vista, Horizon/Socorro/Yselta should be closest to Cielo Vista.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Gun owners need to be the ones to change and lobby for regulations.
Some of us do, and I believe most people period are for more regulations incuding gun owners, I think you're right, it's just a matter of putting our money where our mouth is, and it's also tough for those of us who live in blue states to try to get a place like Texas to change when we can't oust their reps and senators.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Children didn't work to stop this. I don't think they'd do it even if the ones in charge were the ones getting mowed down.

Hope the ones responsible have a long, miserable life in prison.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Most likely civil war and the death of 100s of thousand. I don't see anything else changing it unless the whole country is affected by the horrors of guns and panic. Not just snall pockets of people.

Hundreds of thousands are already dead. 40,000 (at least) died last year due to guns. So, that's ~100,000 in three years. The numbers keep growing; that's not perfect math, but I would imagine a few hundred thousand in the last decade, at least.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Mod Edit: Removed shooter's writings.

lollllollllllllllll yeah this aint gonna work idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Something I just thought about although I'm not sure if it's in every state but how are they not reporting on all the $$$ for victims compensation for people who are killed, injured, hospitalized, therapy and more?

I was only a victim of someone sucker punching me at a concert and the amount of money for the dental work was a lot. Got it all paid by victims services. Aren't people still receiving money from the Vegas shooting? Is this all tax payers money?
Something the detective did mention was that the next time the person is arrested they would have to pay back all that money the services covered. So they would be charged double.