• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Suspect dead. He arrived via a river/creek and cut his way through a fence to get in .

Oct 27, 2017
There honestly is a greater concern in the US than some fucking border wall. Issues like Gun control.

When is America ever gonna wake up? Can't wait for the kids to grow up and can vote and can affect policy.
Yup. It's what I got warned for which I disagree with, but my point is that we never actually change anything to stop this stuff. I want actual change. When is it actually going to happen.

sca

Oct 25, 2017
I was concerned for my cousin that would usually go to the festival, but found out that she chose not to go this year because of the heat. I'm wary with going to the Morgan Hill Mushroom Festival (I go every year) with this event happening so close to home

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
update: 4 dead
NBC Bay Area

edit:
Four people were killed, including a 6-year-old boy, and 15 were wounded Sunday as two gunmen opened fire at the Gilroy Garlic Festival in Gilroy, California.

One of the suspects was shot and killed, and a second suspect was still on the loose late Sunday, sources told NBC Bay Area.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
I actually don't understand how an entire country's lawmakers are ok with guns like this :( so aad
It's rooted in their DNA now. Guns is equal to freedom for some fucked up reason. If a majority of citizens of the USA really wanted gun control, they would have gotten it long ago. But it is sadly only a portion that is rational, even in the democratic party.

Bionic

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. It's what I got warned for which I disagree with, but my point is that we never actually change anything to stop this stuff. I want actual change. When is it actually going to happen.
Saying "Might as well have fun with it now" does not get across that point. If I had to guess, that was why you got the response you did, not an unstated belief that apathy is awful. If anything, your post had a clear implication that you were responding with apathy or amusement rather than a desire for change.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to go with my daughter, but decided not to due to the heat. I got a call from my mom tearfully asking if I was okay as I was driving through Gilroy on my way home from the kite festival in Berkeley.

We will continue to be plagued by tragedies such as these until those in power are personally affected.

Kitten Mittens

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Hopefully this situation goes as many have before it and there's actually only one shooter, and he's already dead.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to go with my daughter, but decided not to due to the heat. I got a call from my mom tearfully asking if I was okay as I was driving through Gilroy on my way home from the kite festival in Berkeley.

We will continue to be plagued by tragedies such as these until those in power are personally affected.

Edit: Beaten by Bionic - they will just say there should have been more people there WITH guns. They will, meaning the right/republicans/GOP, never fail to argue that the solution is more guns, and less restrictions on what guns.

Oct 27, 2017
Saying "Might as well have fun with it now" does not get across that point. If I had to guess, that was why you got the response you did, not an unstated belief that apathy is awful. If anything, your post had a clear implication that you were responding with apathy or amusement rather than a desire for change.
I'm being apathetic because literally nothing is going to change. My point is we should actually do something or treat it the way we are actually treating it. By doing absolutely fucking nothing about it. Sad platitudes and remembering the dead isn't actually doing anything. It's just going to happen again and again and again and....

Edit: I can't fucking stand it.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how will this affect Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival that will happen in the October. There is basically no security at that festival since they basically place the whole thing in the town, and that festival is also big. Sigh.

Hopefully this situation goes as many have before it and there's actually only one shooter, and he's already dead.
It is not. There are two, and one of them is still on the loose.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how will this affect Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival that will happen in the October. There is basically no security at that festival since they basically place the whole thing in the town, and that festival is also big. Sigh.

that's another festival I'll never go to. We went one year and it was a total nightmare. There are only 3 ways into the town and everyone just clogs up the roads so it's impossible to get in or out. It would be impossible to make an escape there because you literally can't leave.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I live less than an hour away from Gilroy, hope everyone is alright. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Kitten Mittens

Banned
Dec 11, 2018

It is not. There are two, and one of them is still on the loose.
The officer in charge so far has only said some people reported a second shooter, but authorities still have no indication if it's true or not yet.They're investigating. Happens in a lot of shootings unfortunately.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The security inside a professional ballpark is more strict than a local fair. You are walking through a metal detector with bag check.

The MLB ballpark here, Petco Park, is surrounded by windowed highrises. Someone could copycat the Las Vegas shooter here any time.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
that's another festival I'll never go to. We went one year and it was a total nightmare. There are only 3 ways into the town and everyone just clogs up the roads so it's impossible to get in or out.
I like that festival a lot but you are right. That festival is mess. There are only Highway 1 and 92 to leave the town and the area. There are too many cars for that small town. I hope this will make them consider much better security.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The MLB ballpark here, Petco Park, is surrounded by windowed highrises. Someone could copycat the Las Vegas shooter here any time.
The Vegas shooter used some heavy equipment, so it will take some planning to move everything in place without someone noticing.

gamerman

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely heart breaking. It's gut wrenching that nothing is going to be done. I mean how do we protect ourselves from something like this. This gunman avoided security by breaking in through a back wall with some sort of tool. Do we just sit home?

rafiki

Alt account
Banned
May 18, 2019
do we know why? was it targeted to any specific group?

seriously wtf is wrong with these people

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There's almost always two gunmen reported for these events. It's almost never actually two. I hope that's the case here.

I can't be anymore disgusted than I already am with my country. The second amendment needs to be abolished.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At the Garlic Festival??? God, that's so terrible. It's such a fun event and now it's this nightmare for all of those poor people.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At places there's always security but almost never armed security guards, sometimes they hire a couple of police officers for the event though

Karish

Oct 25, 2017

Wow

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Vegas shooter used some heavy equipment, so it will take some planning to move everything in place without someone noticing.

Heavy equipment? What?
And I've moved truckloads of stuff into some of the biggest buildings in the county without a single person approaching me.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I am watching KPIX5
They are saying that there was someone shouted at the suspect, 'why are you doing this?' and the suspect replied "Because I am angry."

Also the suspect was aiming at the crowd lining up at the food area.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Heavy equipment? What?
And I've moved truckloads of stuff into some of the biggest buildings in the county without a single person approaching me.

The Vegas shooter just made several trips to his room with a self service luggage cart from the lobby, stowing the guns and ammo in suitcases.

That's not heavy equipment unless you're counting the hotel elevators.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
RIP to the victims. 4 innocent people, like me, like you. Gone. Like that. A 6yr old. What kind of person just allows evil to get a hold of them that way? What kind of country turns their backs on this? A conversation needs to be had.

I hope someday we can live in a world where this is rare.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I am watching KPIX5
They are saying that there was someone shouted at the suspect, 'why are you doing this?' and the suspect replied "Because I am angry."

Also the suspect was aiming at the crowd lining up at the food area.

I think what I want to say about how these angry men act out their rage can't be written in an way that wouldn't be offensive.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so fucking tired of this shit. America sort your shit out, please.

A 6 year old boy. Goddamnit. RIP to all the victims.