• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
35 dead or injured in under a minute.

More cops and security are helpful, and important for when it happens, but it's not the answer. Severe gun control is.
No they aren't helpful for these situations.

They responded in less than a minute.

Phenomenal response time. And still 9 died and 20+ injured.

Increasing the policing forget is not the answer and is disengenious

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love waking up and checking my phone first thing in the morning to see news like this 😔

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
The more this happens the less some people care.

It has become the new normal and part of American society.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
My thought is a sort of copycat. Somebody who was preparing for awhile to do this and when El Paso happened and it hit the news, they got the nerve to finally do it.

But I'm not well versed in how these killers think, so it's just a guess.

Could be that we've just hit critical mass of gun saturation and angry, radicalized young men, and we've tried too hard for too long to do nothing about either.

Look at the numbers - there are more mass shootings than days in the year in 2019. There's no discernable pattern because they happen literally every day.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
5 of the top 10 deadliest shootings in the US since 1949 have happened since 2016, including 3 in the top 5:

2017 Las Vegas shooting - 58 dead
2016 Orlando shooting - 49 dead
2017 Sutherland Springs (TX) shooting - 26 dead
2019 El Paso shooting - 20 dead
2018 Parkland (FL) shooting - 17 dead

Oct 26, 2017
Could be that we've just hit critical mass of gun saturation and angry, radicalized young men, and we've tried too hard for too long to do nothing about either.

Look at the numbers - there are more mass shootings than days in the year in 2019. There's no discernable pattern because they happen literally every day.
Sure there is a discernable pattern.

Look at the media they intake.
Look at the message boards they frequent.
E Patten is quite clear

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
What can you even say anymore. It happens with such frequency and it fucking hurts every time. But the way people express that pain is so polarized that no solution ever happens. Gun culture is the worst. Guns are tools of death. There is no upside to the use of guns. Death begets more death. They aren't defensive tools. And hunting isn't a good reason anymore. It's not worth the loss of life (and never was) we see everyday in America.

Genesis

Oct 27, 2017
I need off this ride. its the lack of action that's eating me from the inside.
this rage is toxic and I don't want to feel hateful towards others.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Donald is awake:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The FBI, local and state law enforcement are working together in El Paso and in Dayton, Ohio. Information is rapidly being accumulated in Dayton. Much has already be learned in El Paso. Law enforcement was very rapid in both instances. Updates will be given throughout the day!

8:13 AM - Aug 4, 2019

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

God bless the people of El Paso Texas. God bless the people of Dayton, Ohio.

8:16 AM - Aug 4, 2019

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
216 days into 2019 and we've had a mass shooting on 130 of them or around 60% - and on those days the average # of unique mass shootings is 1.95 with the highest being 6 (5/18, 6/1, 7/28).

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I made the mistake of reading FB comments :( So much love for Trump and "saying white racists are committing these psycho acts is the liberal agenda." Ridiculous

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
5 of the top 10 deadliest shootings in the US since 1949 have happened since 2016, including 3 in the top 5:

2017 Las Vegas shooting - 58 dead
2016 Orlando shooting - 49 dead
2017 Sutherland Springs (TX) shooting - 26 dead
2019 El Paso shooting - 20 dead
2018 Parkland (FL) shooting - 17 dead

4/10 have also taken place since Trump took office. And all in one term.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate commentary
Top MAGA cult reply at the moment:
nzwBxLI.png
Maybe this is what USA deserves at this point. Idiocracy finally fully matured.

Mod Edit: Reverted post edit for clarity.

Last edited by a moderator:

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You've gotta be shitting me. The excuse "let's not politicize this, it's too soon" doesn't work when shootings like this are happening so frequently.

Oct 27, 2017
No they aren't helpful for these situations.

They responded in less than a minute.

Phenomenal response time. And still 9 died and 20+ injured.

Increasing the policing forget is not the answer and is disengenious

Yes, and there are numbers higher than 9 and 20.

If the cops took 10 minutes, how many would have been killed? More or less?

Maybe its disingenuous to think more cops = faster response = less casualties in mass shootings, but you'll have to explain it further, because it seems logical to me.

If you think I was proposing that as a solution you're putting words in my mouth. Gun control is the solution.

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, and there are numbers higher than 9 and 20.

If the cops took 10 minutes, how many would have been killed? More or less?

Maybe its disingenuous to think more cops = faster response = less casualties in mass shootings, but you'll have to explain it further, because it seems logical to me.

If you think I was proposing that as a solution you're putting words in my mouth. Gun control is the solution.
Then why the fuck did you bring it up.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I live in Dayton and I've been to that bar many times. Scary that this is so close to home.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How do we make #Repealthe2nd trend? It's the only solution imo.

Oct 26, 2017
I brought it up to say that while it can help minimize casualties, it is not preventative and therefore not the answer. Why the fuck did you not read my full post?

Then I suggest you add this post you made to it. The other one reads as insincere gop whistling.

And sorry if I'm pissed. I'm in Cleveland and I'm fucking sick of this shit. Dayton is a stones throw.

Oct 27, 2017
Then I suggest you add this post you made to it. The other one reads as insincere gop whistling.

And sorry if I'm pissed. I'm in Cleveland and I'm fucking sick of this shit. Dayton is a stones throw.

How does my first post read as GOP dog whistling?

In my first post I say that while it can help (like in emergency situations), it's not the answer. SEVERE GUN CONTROL IS.

Show me a GOP dog whistler that includes that statement and votes/donates to back it up. FOH.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I wonder when the tipping point is when this completely spirals out of control and all the miserable white channers with access to a weapon and a death wish decide to finally have a go.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder when the tipping point is when this completely spirals out of control and all the miserable white channers with access to a weapon and a death wish decide to finally have a go.
When GOP politician's friends and family members are the ones being killed. That's literally the only way they'll care when it personally affects them, and even then I'm not 100% sure they'd care. Thankfully the NRA is quickly dying and it's lobbying power and influence as well

Deleted member 57378

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Oh joy, another fucking mass shooting. Go to sleep while keeping up on the latest one only to wake up to ANOTHER one.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
People do shit like this because the media gives them attention. The media is the worst plague of modern society.

Couldn't agree more. The media plays a huge role in this and it's not talked about enough. I'm all for gun control but these media ass holes are the ones fanning the flames and simultaneously reaping the benefits of this kind of shit.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Maybe this is what US need for a chance at something to change with guns... constant, daily mass shootings like these 2.
It's fucking ridiculous that it seems to be the only way to convince the US government to do something, so many innocent deaths in a short time, but here we are...

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Sure there is a discernable pattern.

Look at the media they intake.
Look at the message boards they frequent.
E Patten is quite clear

I agree, the method of radicalization is certainly a pattern, but trying to tie one shooting into the timing of the next is fruitless (unless the shooter specifically points out that he was inspired by earlier events), because they all overlap at this point.

Lmo2017

Oct 25, 2017
To the east of Parts Unknown...
When GOP politician's friends and family members are the ones being killed. That's literally the only way they'll care when it personally affects them, and even then I'm not 100% sure they'd care. Thankfully the NRA is quickly dying and it's lobbying power and influence as well

GOP house members were shot during a congressional baseball game and they still supported the NRA. They aren't changing.

May 5, 2018
What the hell. RIP to the victims in both El Paso and Dayton. But this is frightening that another shooting took place in America HOURS after what happened in El Paso. Hopefully a community fund for Dayton opens up like how there's one for El Paso. Hopefully the donations will help those affected recover sooner and provide some kind of change for the better.